Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 3. (Read 94756 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 5
First - I want to say this is an AMAZING website... I love it. I use it all the time.

Second, I'd like to provide a suggestion: Is it possible to rename "Ethash4G" to "Etchash"? Technically it is called EtcHash. Source: github com / eth-classic / etchash (no spaces)
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
What are the rules for adding coins?

Most basic ones are on the top of the contact section.
Healthy market, healthy network
Activity: 350
Merit: 0
What are the rules for adding coins?
legendary
Actually, this is the main question that worries me. Let me ask you ... can you at least consider adding a section for this type of equipment if I draw up a detailed terms of reference? (The terms of reference which will include all or most of the unknowns that should be taken into account when calculating profitability).

Please come to discord if you want to discuss the details, much faster than here on forum.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
From the mining types maybe the storage one could be calculable depending on the TB used for storage, but there are many unknown factors over there.
Actually, this is the main question that worries me. Let me ask you ... can you at least consider adding a section for this type of equipment if I draw up a detailed terms of reference? (The terms of reference which will include all or most of the unknowns that should be taken into account when calculating profitability).
legendary
What's the way to add the 3090 to the list of GPUs on the main calculate page ? i.e. I can test miners and provide numbers if that would help, as I see it already in the GPU list with 110MH/s.

Also would it be possible to add an extra row of info for common OC'd versions for cards - 3090 does ~119MH/s consistently for most miners while pulling ~310W - so you get ~7.3% faster hashrate for ~3.3% higher energy usage.
I guess what I'm trying to say is have verified users submitted stats that are just underneath and change the power usage/hashrate calculations.

The problem with all of the user proposed values for 3xxx series is the high mem overclock, too much for our defaults section.
We are gonna keep for now the +500 mem oc. This is not for power efficiency but for cards health.
Activity: 2
What's the way to add the 3090 to the list of GPUs on the main calculate page ? i.e. I can test miners and provide numbers if that would help, as I see it already in the GPU list with 110MH/s.

Also would it be possible to add an extra row of info for common OC'd versions for cards - 3090 does ~119MH/s consistently for most miners while pulling ~310W - so you get ~7.3% faster hashrate for ~3.3% higher energy usage.
I guess what I'm trying to say is have verified users submitted stats that are just underneath and change the power usage/hashrate calculations.
legendary
Thanks, but I have already looked through this documentation, and this is not enough ... My question was only related to the fact that considering Filecoin mining at a professional level, I would like to be able to compare different types of equipment and profitability, (considering that the return on investment in equipment is about three months). + Maybe then you should think about adding a new section? Since, for example, there is a fairly extensive list of coins [storage] on coinmarketcap.

Honestly I dont think that all the storage cryptos from the link can be mined with other hardware - SIA for example is also mined with asics.

From the mining types maybe the storage one could be calculable depending on the TB used for storage, but there are many unknown factors over there.
Retrieval I am afraid is not calculable and works more in a way "you are able to - you get it"

We will not dive into storage mining in the near future.
legendary
light_warrior ... 🕯️
Hey, Filecoin is about providing disk space and honestly out of our scope of mining. Minimum requirements for mining are also way above what your usual PC would be like. (Filecoin).
Thanks, but I have already looked through this documentation, and this is not enough ... My question was only related to the fact that considering Filecoin mining at a professional level, I would like to be able to compare different types of equipment and profitability, (considering that the return on investment in equipment is about three months). + Maybe then you should think about adding a new section? Since, for example, there is a fairly extensive list of coins [storage] on coinmarketcap.
legendary
Hello, it always seemed to me that you have complete information regarding any equipment, etc., for this very reason, I added your site to my bookmarks. But unfortunately, I have not found any mention of Filecoin mining hardware. Perhaps I am missing something, in any case I will be grateful for the help.

Hey, Filecoin is about providing disk space and honestly out of our scope of mining.

Minimum requirements for mining are also way above what your usual PC would be like.
https://docs.filecoin.io/mine/hardware-requirements/#general-hardware-requirements
legendary
light_warrior ... 🕯️
Hello, it always seemed to me that you have complete information regarding any equipment, etc., for this very reason, I added your site to my bookmarks. But unfortunately, I have not found any mention of Filecoin mining hardware. Perhaps I am missing something, in any case I will be grateful for the help.
legendary
Do you plan updating the coins on your page? You are listing much dead coins, than on many coins you say no listing, but you show exchanges. The pools and exchange lists are mostly wrong. Many new and interesting coins are not listed also.
I use this page for over 4 years, but for now it is very outdated.

We will be updating with new coins for sure. The first in line is relisting vtc as verthash.

"The pools and exchange lists are mostly wrong" - not sure what you mean here, any examples?

Always welcome to suggest new coins via contact section, or catch us on discord for quick chat.
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69
We are gradually updating nvidia values for ethash with higher mem OC and slightly higher hashrate.
Added +- ethash values for missing nvidia super models. (just gpu list, no adapt)

Latest upgrade for people using adapt feature with cards - no need to reselect to update values anymore, will always take most recent ones.

Do you plan updating the coins on your page? You are listing much dead coins, than on many coins you say no listing, but you show exchanges. The pools and exchange lists are mostly wrong. Many new and interesting coins are not listed also.
I use this page for over 4 years, but for now it is very outdated.
legendary
We are gradually updating nvidia values for ethash with higher mem OC and slightly higher hashrate.
Added +- ethash values for missing nvidia super models. (just gpu list, no adapt)

Latest upgrade for people using adapt feature with cards - no need to reselect to update values anymore, will always take most recent ones.
Activity: 9
one more question plz,
how can i correspond coins for nicehash pool? (for example there is Lyra2REv2 algo at nicehash)

If you mean compare then by "Revenue BTC".
All coins have their algos listed as well under algo.

You dont know which coin is going to be mined and it doesnt matter, you are getting paid for your hashrate in BTC.

some other sites have "special coins" for Nicehash algos (for example there is NiceHash Lyra2REv2) and it differs a little from XVG-Lyra2Rev2

legendary
one more question plz,
how can i correspond coins for nicehash pool? (for example there is Lyra2REv2 algo at nicehash)

If you mean compare then by "Revenue BTC".
All coins have their algos listed as well under algo.

You dont know which coin is going to be mined and it doesnt matter, you are getting paid for your hashrate in BTC.
big tnx for such quick answer!
Are these magic numbers?

For asic coins it should be using values from https://whattomine.com/asic
For gpu coins defaults from https://whattomine.com/coins (3x480)

tnx, i understand,

one more question plz,
legendary
Are these magic numbers?

For asic coins it should be using values from https://whattomine.com/asic
For gpu coins defaults from https://whattomine.com/coins (3x480)
hi, mb it is a noob question,
could you tell me plz where does hashrate data for each coin (first left field) come from?

For example for bitcoin it is 70 000 Gh/s for that moment ( https://whattomine.com/coins/1-btc-sha-256 )
but there is no such field in json.file

Its just calculation default we have setup for every coin before you input your own values.
This is your hashrate you want to calculate with, not hashrate of the coin.

Are these magic numbers?
legendary
hi, mb it is a noob question,
could you tell me plz where does hashrate data for each coin (first left field) come from?

For example for bitcoin it is 70 000 Gh/s for that moment ( https://whattomine.com/coins/1-btc-sha-256 )
but there is no such field in json.file

Its just calculation default we have setup for every coin before you input your own values.
This is your hashrate you want to calculate with, not hashrate of the coin.
Pages:
Jump to: