Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 37. (Read 94803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
is there a possibility you could ad dbix?

This coin is not on any supported exchange yet.

@n4ru, @Hellbeast
Think I have already answered you via email, but just for the record.
Json response uses the same params as regular UI, so you can just copy param names from url after pressing "calculate".
Adding `/coins.json?` to the url would work as well.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
is there a possibility you could ad dbix?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Is there a reason I'm getting such ABSURD number differences using the API vs a browser? It looks like the JSON in browser still uses saved cookie data. Is there any way to pass the data to the endpoint to get an accurate profitability estimate via CLI, or do I HAVE to emulate sending cookies to get this data?

legendary
I see also NiceHash listed as separate coins, but with sone different data. How is revenue calculated for NiceHash coins?

Nicehash gives you price of their orders.
I just multiply the price by the given hashrate.
Activity: 8
I see also NiceHash listed as separate coins, but with sone different data. How is revenue calculated for NiceHash coins?
legendary
Hi,

Sometimes a coin stucked for hours with wrong difficulty. Now, the SIB.
For 1+ hours show the wrong and low difficulty (~600 instead of ~1000-1100).
If the site can not fetch the right data, you should use a daily average or just show the last update time (/coin), please.
Otherwise a great site, thank you.

Hey,

Background worker got stuck, honestly this happened for the first time.

Sometimes stats cannot be fetched though, for example due to unavailable source.
In such case coin will be marked as "lagging" if last update was more than 1 hour ago.
Activity: 10
Hi,

Sometimes a coin stucked for hours with wrong difficulty. Now, the SIB.
For 1+ hours show the wrong and low difficulty (~600 instead of ~1000-1100).
If the site can not fetch the right data, you should use a daily average or just show the last update time (/coin), please.
Otherwise a great site, thank you.

legendary
the pool is reporting, for each miner/worker, a hash rate and a difficulty. If I would use those in the formula above, should I obtain the actual earnings for that miner/worker?

You need to use global network difficulty to make reward calculation.
Difficulty is the same for everyone.

@cris0338
No easy way to do it right now.
Activity: 23
Hey guys, can you add the € option?

lbry uses the same formula as bitcoin: hashrate * block_reward * 86400 / difficulty / 2**32  - per day

the pool is reporting, for each miner/worker, a hash rate and a difficulty. If I would use those in the formula above, should I obtain the actual earnings for that miner/worker?
legendary
Ok, so in the multi currency calc I see 2 figures: revenue and revenue 24h (revenue in the alt coin). You mean the first is calculated based on current difficulty and the second based on last 24h average difficulty? Is that the only difference in calculations?
Is the same true for BTC revenue/BTC revenue 24h? Or here is also used the Poloniex exchange - current/24h avg?

Also, in a previous post, you said the results could be affected by rejects, or lower effective hashrate than reported by miner. Do you have any idea how can I get an average hashrate from suprnova for my miner for lets say 24hrs, or last hour?

Also block_reward is used as current / average.
Same for BTC revenue.
Exchange rate is always used current - cause you do not sell equally over 24h, but rather in batches on raises.

Last time I checked graphs from stats are not working on lbry pool - you will have to ask ocminer to bring them back.
Calc will show you how much you will mine at current diff, or how much you could have mined if you did for last 24 / 3 / 7, it cant predict the future Wink
In the future you will be able to specify diff% increase at single calculators.

Ok, so in the multi currency calc I see 2 figures: revenue and revenue 24h (revenue in the alt coin). You mean the first is calculated based on current difficulty and the second based on last 24h average difficulty? Is that the only difference in calculations?
Is the same true for BTC revenue/BTC revenue 24h? Or here is also used the Poloniex exchange - current/24h avg?

Also, in a previous post, you said the results could be affected by rejects, or lower effective hashrate than reported by miner. Do you have any idea how can I get an average hashrate from suprnova for my miner for lets say 24hrs, or last hour?
legendary
I am getting 7.6 Lbry /day - yesterday the calc was showing above 9Lbry. Now is showing a bit above 8 so it seems to come closer now. Maybe is a kind of lag in updating? or is just the reasons above...

Can you please explain more regarding the pool luck. How does that come into play? your formula posted on the thread does not seem to include it specifically - is it assuming a 100% luck, or? could you post the formula used for lbry.

Thanks

Calc will show you how much you will mine at current diff, or how much you could have mined if you did for last 24 / 3 / 7, it cant predict the future Wink
In the future you will be able to specify diff% increase at single calculators.

Yes calc is assuming 100% pool luck.
lbry uses the same formula as bitcoin: hashrate * block_reward * 86400 / difficulty / 2**32  - per day

For starters pool luck is 103.5% for last 7 days + mining at 1% fee.
Thats already 4.5% lower than average estimate.

After that you can for example have:
- lower than 100% uptime
- rejects, or lower effective hashrate than reported by miner
- coin difficulty is rising due to rising price - this will lower reward every day as long as its rising

Whats your difference btw, what kind of percentage are we talking about?

I am getting 7.6 Lbry /day - yesterday the calc was showing above 9Lbry. Now is showing a bit above 8 so it seems to come closer now. Maybe is a kind of lag in updating? or is just the reasons above...

Can you please explain more regarding the pool luck. How does that come into play? your formula posted on the thread does not seem to include it specifically - is it assuming a 100% luck, or? could you post the formula used for lbry.

Thanks
legendary
Well, I am mining lbry for a couple of days now and I think it was constantly below the calc...
Anyway, but why the difference? I am not talking about the difference in BTC revenue, which involves the Poloniex exchange rate as well. But the revenue in the coin itself, in this case LBRY.

For starters pool luck is 103.5% for last 7 days + mining at 1% fee.
Thats already 4.5% lower than average estimate.

After that you can for example have:
- lower than 100% uptime
- rejects, or lower effective hashrate than reported by miner
- coin difficulty is rising due to rising price - this will lower reward every day as long as its rising

Whats your difference btw, what kind of percentage are we talking about?
I'm mining LBRY and I am using suprnova pool, and I'm getting less than what the calculator is predicting.
Isn't the pool's hash rate needed to be taken into account?

Only coin difficulty and pool luck matters for your rewards.
I am getting today less than calc as well (mining some lbry on suprnova), but for example 2 days ago I was getting more.
In the end it evens out.

Well, I am mining lbry for a couple of days now and I think it was constantly below the calc...
Anyway, but why the difference? I am not talking about the difference in BTC revenue, which involves the Poloniex exchange rate as well. But the revenue in the coin itself, in this case LBRY.
legendary
I'm mining LBRY and I am using suprnova pool, and I'm getting less than what the calculator is predicting.

Only coin difficulty and pool luck matters for your rewards.
I am getting today less than calc as well (mining some lbry on suprnova), but for example 2 days ago I was getting more.
In the end it evens out.
Activity: 5
ok, I understand, thanks or your help, o/
legendary

HAL has very small hashrate.
In the calculation you have added about 1/3 of current nethash to this coin, which will significantly raise the coin difficulty.
wtm takes this into account, thats why rewards are lower.
Pages:
Jump to: