Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 38. (Read 94803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
Wow thanks, everything is working now, that was really helpful, i have only problem with Halcyon coin, is 2**32 multiplier correct for this coin? Because im getting ~50% higher reward than on whattomine

Yep its 2**32. If you want to compare then best do it here at exact coin calc
https://whattomine.com/coins/122-hal-neoscrypt
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Wow thanks, everything is working now, that was really helpful, i have only problem with Halcyon coin, is 2**32 multiplier correct for this coin? Because im getting ~50% higher reward than on whattomine
legendary
1. Cryptonight:  im using this formula to calculate 24h reward

( (hashrate) * (current block reward) * 720 ) / (network hashrate)

It works with Monero, Bytecoin but for Karbowanec,DigitalNote result is ~2x bigger than on whattomine.com

2. I have reward equation which works perfectly with etherum, but its not correct with other ethash based coins (expanse,musicoin,ubiq)
 How to calculate reward for these coins ?

3. How to calculate reward for equihash based coins?(zcash,hush...) and blake(2b) based coins

Thanks for any help,

Use proper formula with difficulty listed here https://minergate.com/calculator/bitcoin

Coins vary only by the `2**32` multiplier.
Zcash has 13, kmd 4 and hush 1. Sia uses the same as eth and cryptonight which is `2**0`
1. Cryptonight:  im using this formula to calculate 24h reward

( (hashrate) * (current block reward) * 720 ) / (network hashrate)

It works with Monero, Bytecoin but for Karbowanec,DigitalNote result is ~2x bigger than on whattomine.com

2. I have reward equation which works perfectly with etherum, but its not correct with other ethash based coins (expanse,musicoin,ubiq)
 How to calculate reward for these coins ?

3. How to calculate reward for equihash based coins?(zcash,hush...) and blake(2b) based coins

Thanks for any help,
legendary
Hello, is it possible to get reward equation for specific coin/algorithm?

Hey, what exactly do you need?
Hello, is it possible to get reward equation for specific coin/algorithm?
legendary
Please add recent devices like RX570/580 and 1080Ti to the calculator. Thanks.

1080ti is coming soon.
No place for me to order 5xx cards for now, need to wait.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Please add recent devices like RX570/580 and 1080Ti to the calculator. Thanks.
legendary
I have added the ability to include skein and lyra2z coins into json response.

Just need to include those extra params:
&factor[sk_hr]=xxx&sk=true&factor[sk_p]=xxx
&factor[l2z_hr]=xxx&l2z=true&factor[l2z_p]=xxx

You can also hack those coins into UI response using the same params. Add "&dataset=xxx" to save into tab for easy click access.
Please note that pressing calculate will remove those coins from response, as forms are not yet present.
legendary
Also, can we please get a Skein hash field on the homepage. Everyone's mining it.

I believe more people are mining ETC than all skein coins combined Wink
Anyway I am working on an update to bring skein / lyra2z to json response, but UI will have to wait a bit longer
(you will be able to hack around and inject param into url to include the coins)

And yes most data is fetched every 3 minutes. (I am thinking about a switch to 2 min lately)
Nicehash and myr/dgb/dgc stats are pulled every minute.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Also, can we please get a Skein hash field on the homepage. Everyone's mining it.
Activity: 112
New data is fetched every 3 minutes - both for exchanges and stats. Glad you like the looks Wink

Is this still true today?
legendary
I just wanted to let you know that Bela and NVC are not on the site anymore (in case you did not notice)

Bela implemented DGW and had a fork i guess. Maybe thats the reason Smiley

Yes, I have removed them for now.
Bela has `No available stats` status, meaning I was unable to find working stats.
Nvc is problematic due to the mix of pow and pos, which makes pow blocks to happen in weird timespans and difficulty jumps.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
I just wanted to let you know that Bela and NVC are not on the site anymore (in case you did not notice)

Bela implemented DGW and had a fork i guess. Maybe thats the reason Smiley
legendary
How come that when i enter:

2000mh / 3200W  (with script coins)   I get Bela on place #1

And when I enter

200.000 / 352.000W (with scypt coins)   I get LTC on place #1

Why is Bela more profitable with only 4 miners, while LTC is 3-4 times as profitable when I use 400 miners?

Am I nuts or is there a logical reason behind it?

Bela has much lower network hashrate than litecoin.
If you add 400 miners for bela you will increase difficulty by significant amount, litecoin on the other hand wont even feel a difference.

@wilkas
You can use claymore miner to mine other ethash coins directly.
Just need to choose if you prefer to get paid directly in BTC via nicehash or want to gather other coins first.

@uzgen
Thanks, updated
Activity: 46
Hello, nice service.
You should correct link to Cryptopia HUSH market
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=HUSH_BTC is correct one.
Activity: 104
I'm new to mining and use NiceHash miner. Can anyone explain how do I use WhatToMine to choose more profitable mining? For exampe it says "Musicoin(MUSIC) / Ethash" is more profitable than "Nicehash-Ethash". So what does that mean? Which miner is there to be used that would mine "Musicoin(MUSIC) / Ethash"?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
How come that when i enter:

2000mh / 3200W  (with script coins)   I get Bela on place #1

And when I enter

200.000 / 352.000W (with scypt coins)   I get LTC on place #1

Why is Bela more profitable with only 4 miners, while LTC is 3-4 times as profitable when I use 400 miners?

Am I nuts or is there a logical reason behind it?
legendary
Yes, surely I could "scissor" pieces together from various sources to prove/present something but it is much more acceptable if it comes from a single official/transparent source. (Woah, I have said it, your site is cool for serious business!) Yes, it is a one-time data drop to date. Whatever I can work with. I am an MI guy, anything Excel can digest is good. If you have more than what Excel can handle is also cool. It wouldn't be the first time stretching the boundaries of Excel (or killing it). Wink If not, I will figure out something, no worries. Although, I think this would benefit others, too.

Still, you rock matey. Keep up the great work. Best of luck with your baby. Smiley

Cheesy Thanks

Let me know in private what exact values are you after and for what coins. (Hopefully just a few Cheesy )
Pages:
Jump to: