Pages:
Author

Topic: When do you plan to sell? - page 96. (Read 92525 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
December 29, 2016, 09:52:33 AM
short answer is never!
but if I see a sudden surge and also prices above $1000 I will sell some small amounts to get some money and celebrate with it. although I prefer to do it directly with bitcoin, as in going out and spending bitcoin directly but I would be satisfied with selling and using the money too.
other than that I am going to keep holding my coins.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
December 29, 2016, 01:32:44 AM
What is your exit point? Where will you sell your coins? How much % of your stack will you sell?

I sell my coins either when there is an emergency or when I get atleast 20% above the rate at which I bought them. I only sell 30% of my coins at one go as earlier I incurred a loss by selling my coins at 10% as the exchange adjusted the market rate the last moment and the fees too made my profit half the amount at what I had decided. Since I accept many payment methods while selling my coins, it becomes more profitable when I sell it via exchanges.

I would do this kind of approach too for this is a safer way to handle Bitcoin trade.  Aside from that every sell I made i will try to rebuy on every bitcoin price dip to increase my stash while the price is going up.  Rinse and repeat.  I would not have an exit plan to maximize the earnings from day trading.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
December 29, 2016, 01:24:44 AM
I plan to sell daily and rebuy daily for short term trading a.k.a day trading. I will do these until I accumulated around 150 BTC.  I'll wait for $2000 per BTC and sell the  50 BTC, and wait for $5000  to sell another 50 BTC and lastly, I will sell at $10,000.  That would be enough to live a finance worry-free life.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
December 29, 2016, 01:18:14 AM
I may sell around 50% if price crosses or touches $1000 and will wait for some dump because there may be lots of selling force at this level. And i will buy back if price get corrected a little bit may be at around $900.

That's a great plan. I'll probably follow you but I'll see if what would be the bottom of that price drop. Maybe we might even see $800 again so I'll look into that first before I buy some more. I hope though that it drops to that level and if it does I'll sell all my assets everywhere and buy shit loads of bitcoins because for sure it will sky rocket after dropping.
i guess this is an investment question not trading question , i mean a long term investment that will never sell it at any price until someone urgently need that fund investment, and divest it in the eand.

so ideally you should not sell your bitcoin ever , beside it is a good long term investment, it will just keep growing.
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
December 28, 2016, 09:18:24 PM
I may sell around 50% if price crosses or touches $1000 and will wait for some dump because there may be lots of selling force at this level. And i will buy back if price get corrected a little bit may be at around $900.

That's a great plan. I'll probably follow you but I'll see if what would be the bottom of that price drop. Maybe we might even see $800 again so I'll look into that first before I buy some more. I hope though that it drops to that level and if it does I'll sell all my assets everywhere and buy shit loads of bitcoins because for sure it will sky rocket after dropping.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 28, 2016, 02:07:33 PM
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
December 28, 2016, 01:41:42 PM
I have thought to keep my coins as long as possible, regardless of the price they have. personally I would not think of getting rid of them even knowing that their price could drop handsomely, but for me my bitcoins are a very long-term investment.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
December 28, 2016, 01:39:22 PM
I've been selling all the way from 500 and yeah I kick myself but that is the way the cookie crumbles when you live life in the fast lane.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
December 28, 2016, 01:36:45 PM
What is your exit point? Where will you sell your coins? How much % of your stack will you sell?

I sell my coins either when there is an emergency or when I get atleast 20% above the rate at which I bought them. I only sell 30% of my coins at one go as earlier I incurred a loss by selling my coins at 10% as the exchange adjusted the market rate the last moment and the fees too made my profit half the amount at what I had decided. Since I accept many payment methods while selling my coins, it becomes more profitable when I sell it via exchanges.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
December 28, 2016, 11:48:00 AM
I plan to sell when the price of bitcoin is around 10,000 dollars. But that may seem really far fetched but I think it might happen but not in the near future. Bitcoins doesn't have enough supply to supplement the demand for bitcoins of the whole world. Maybe we will all be millionaires when this happens but it would be really far away. Or... the price would really plummet and never come back up and we all lose interest in bitcoins. Who knows...
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
December 28, 2016, 11:22:23 AM
Well, the good point it that if bitcoin is success we won't have to sell it anymore. Smiley
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
December 26, 2016, 06:27:13 AM
my aim of going into bitcoin is to rise alot capital for trading and also to assist those in need of financial assistance. To me bitcoin is a currency we should have forever because it has value and what ever has values is worthwhile and what ever is worthwhile is worth having.
In my opinion, You can't stick with your bitcoin in your portfolio forever because you need to sell them in order to harvest the profits that you have been made from it.

Yes we say the bitcoin is a currency and it has a value but what if the market falls off? and the price will dramatically down and you know that you almost loss all of your investment and the price of bitcoin is very low. Do you think bitcoin will be worth it to hold? Do you think that it is still have a value?
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
December 26, 2016, 05:38:05 AM
my aim of going into bitcoin is to rise alot capital for trading and also to assist those in need of financial assistance. To me bitcoin is a currency we should have forever because it has value and what ever has values is worthwhile and what ever is worthwhile is worth having.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
December 26, 2016, 05:37:41 AM
Unless something bad occured, Bitcoin is going well, but I am always afraid of bad accidents like big exchange hacking, this kind of events happens every period of time and causes Bitcoin crash, otherwise I do not see any reason to sell Bitcoin, despite buying new high potential assets, I am currently holding Bitcoin, Lisk, and Iconomi.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
December 26, 2016, 05:00:37 AM
I am doing day trading and most of the time i sell when i see the decent price rally according to it, i started to sell my coins from 900$ and i had sold out nearly 50% of my stock around $940 price and had bought back 30% stock back at $880 range. i just trade for 10% profit and keep my investment and reap the profit
That is a good strategy to generate profit from day trading. I also did the same strategy like you. I buy my bitcoins from $728 and i sold them for the price nearly $900 and now i'm just waiting for a dip for the price so i can buy cheaper bitcoins again and wait for the another chance to sell it for a higher price Cheesy. But to make sure that i'm on my comfort zone i do both short term and long term trading/investment Grin.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
December 26, 2016, 02:49:43 AM
A very simple yet effective way to sell btc which people in my group follow is that have 3 goals while buying btc .

- 1st short term for couple of days /week
- 2nd A month and how prices move
- 3rd 6 monthly to a year.

Accordingly they make their investment horizon which fits in and make their trading/investment accordingly.
Activity: 868
Merit: 279
December 25, 2016, 11:38:33 PM
I wouldn't cash out before $1,000 and even after, just do like 10 or 15% of your holdings, we are in times where holding for the long will be very rewardable imo.
Plus is always having some to get some alts when they drop drastically so you can play when they get green so you increase your btc but the trick there in alts is where is exaclty the drop before the rebounce.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 524
December 25, 2016, 08:18:43 PM
I am doing day trading and most of the time i sell when i see the decent price rally according to it, i started to sell my coins from 900$ and i had sold out nearly 50% of my stock around $940 price and had bought back 30% stock back at $880 range. i just trade for 10% profit and keep my investment and reap the profit
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Massive price drop coming...
December 25, 2016, 07:49:33 PM
Already sold most of my stash at the right time actually.  Smiley
Made good profit actually for the gifts to everyone. Thanks to Bitcoins naturally. Hope the price gets stable soon so that can buy again.  Smiley
I think the price will continue below nine hundred for some time, but given the current market conditions, when the price starts to rise again, I think that new levels can be reached. I hope that, when price begins to recover, it's not a quick pump, it is better to be a stable and organic growth.
As stable prices are witnessing, I guess I do not need to rush for selling my bitcoins. Because due to this stable prices of bitcoin, hopefully we can expect more rally as continuation of the current price movements. I plan to sell some bitcoin and to buy back when prices showing some fluctuations, but as of now I am delaying my plans.

Yup, I also expect it because I have enormous confidence in the future that bitcoin bitcoin will change my life to get a bigger profit from now on. Everyone who ever saves the bitcoin when cheap price then it will benefit greatly in the future now, so indeed I am now starting to think about to get a lot of money in order to buy a lot of bitcoin and get great benefits.And I also noticed that the growth of the bitcoin now is much better than the previous growth

Well yeah but for me i will sell bitcoin if i seen that i already get profit but not all bitcoin i just sell few and the rest savings if the price will increase mroe well i can sell the rest and after that if the price is getting low i can buy bitcoins again and secured the profit to save..
So when the price of bitcoin touch in 900 value i sold few of my bitcoin just to get the benefits of price increased.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
December 25, 2016, 07:30:46 PM
50% sell on a strong spark up the price, if the price does not stop growing and even higher then sell the second 50% ... and then buy off at a low price
Pages:
Jump to: