Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 25. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 251
November 24, 2017, 08:04:46 AM
Well for me, I sell when I need the money, I don't sell as a trader. I mainly sell when there is a higher rise in its price, which saves more of my experience.

With the little I know about trading is you sell at high price and buy at the lowest price to make a better profit.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
November 24, 2017, 07:58:27 AM
As far as I'm concern, I would rather sell my bitcoin in such extreme cases. One that I can think of is that when there is a emergency situation on my end and I need fresh cash. I wouldn't think twice to sell it even if the price is low as long as I have made some profits. But other than that, bitcoin is for the long haul. How many of us became rich just by holding on it? And all speculations lead to bitcoin reaching $10K. So if you can just hodl on it and there's no need on your part to sell then then don't do it because you will lose your potential profits. And on the altcoins, nah, they are all for the short term only so its up to you whether to sell and cash it out and go on the next coin.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
November 24, 2017, 07:51:34 AM
I think future of crypto is a very interesting and important topic.. and I want to learn more about it... from my experience, I feel that conferences could be a good way to learn... I found this one https://blockshowasia.com/ and I'm thinking to go, but tickets are not so cheap, I have money and I suppose it could worth it... what do you think guys? have you heard about It?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Ammo Reloaded - Project Lead
November 24, 2017, 07:09:13 AM
Some altcoins do look promising but i would stay with 70% into BTC
Activity: 382
Merit: 100
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy
November 24, 2017, 07:07:23 AM
Few people out there are saying to market when the prices of Bitcoin rises. I don't know very well what logic they're using. Why would you market when you are getting much less quantity of Bitcoins . Like when the prices of Bitcoin are high so you will get much less Bitcoins for your amount of USD. And if the prices of Bitcoin are much less, you will more and more Bitcoins for your same amount of United states dollar after which with the growing prices of Bitcoins you may make much more earnings
Agreed! There is no one other than that of the person who is having bitcoin is his wallet who can actually decide this thing that when is the right time to sell his bitcoins. In my opinion, there is no need of selling your bitcoins especially till the time, there is no emergency of selling them. Holding is the best thing to do and it can really help you in having more money. Sell only when you are getting enough profit in return.
Activity: 322
November 23, 2017, 10:15:17 AM
I sell my bitcoin when I was satisfied to the price of this in the market also, I sell only the half of my bitcoin when I have a lot of savings in my bitcoin wallet. Because I just want to save the remaining for the future value of bitcoin. so many in next couple of Month we may see even higher price so I will prefer to hold at a moment and will sell only when it crosses $10k mark.
if you survive the current drop in Bitcoin, then this milestone, which you mean in 10,000 dollars, will be passed before the end of this year or at the beginning of the next. The matter is that all have already given 7000 dollars by the end of this year, but we already had this maximum And even more today. We need to wait for these fluctuations to end and we will again see Bitcoin's active growth.
Yeah the main thing is satisfaction if investor and this thing matter a lot don’t greed to much sell when it prices get high and if you will wait for more profit other investor will sell their coin and you will be again in the waiting condition for profit and as price is at 6.5k this time is not suitable for selling this is purely buying time and when prices will click to the 8k then I will sell to get my profit for which I am waiting.

Make sense. I am also targetting 8k bitcoin price before selling majority of my coins. That time, the gain is good already and I will use the money buying high-end mountain bike for good health and an off-road motorcycle for once a month long ride in neighboring towns.

You'd be better with saving some money from your gain when you sell instead of spending all of it. You can wait for the market to drop which will happen sooner or later and then you can buy yourself back in with the spare money you kept.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
November 23, 2017, 06:06:00 AM
I sell my bitcoin when I was satisfied to the price of this in the market also, I sell only the half of my bitcoin when I have a lot of savings in my bitcoin wallet. Because I just want to save the remaining for the future value of bitcoin. so many in next couple of Month we may see even higher price so I will prefer to hold at a moment and will sell only when it crosses $10k mark.
if you survive the current drop in Bitcoin, then this milestone, which you mean in 10,000 dollars, will be passed before the end of this year or at the beginning of the next. The matter is that all have already given 7000 dollars by the end of this year, but we already had this maximum And even more today. We need to wait for these fluctuations to end and we will again see Bitcoin's active growth.
Yeah the main thing is satisfaction if investor and this thing matter a lot don’t greed to much sell when it prices get high and if you will wait for more profit other investor will sell their coin and you will be again in the waiting condition for profit and as price is at 6.5k this time is not suitable for selling this is purely buying time and when prices will click to the 8k then I will sell to get my profit for which I am waiting.

Make sense. I am also targetting 8k bitcoin price before selling majority of my coins. That time, the gain is good already and I will use the money buying high-end mountain bike for good health and an off-road motorcycle for once a month long ride in neighboring towns.
Activity: 47
November 23, 2017, 12:29:37 AM
I only sell when i'm in 2 situations. I need money and i think that's the top price of that's coin, i will sell it to protect my profits from it.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
November 22, 2017, 07:52:04 AM
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
November 22, 2017, 02:58:26 AM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
It is really hard to know whether it is right time to sell our coins. Most of the traders loses their money because they committed mistakes like they are panic selling and also selling their coins in wrong moment. We should always plan for us to gain profit.
Obviously only the thought of selling your coins comes in the mind when you know that the price has fallen to an unexpected level. This is actually termed as panic selling. Mainly those that buy the coins recently before dump are going to decide for getting rid of them at once and save the most they can that had been invested for the buying purposes.

But if someone would keep firm belief then he could become a millionaire even before turning 18 that could be witnessed with a glorified example of the boy who didn’t join college because he has earned much to spend his whole life.
That is absolute right. There are more chances for bitcoin to give to more profits if you’re holding them. Reason is, for every next year bitcoin prices are going up and this make it more famous. So if you hold for more than three or four years believe me you will be a millionaire at least when you sell your bitcoins at the end. Decide wisely what is being done from your side.
Activity: 196
November 21, 2017, 11:12:58 PM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
At the end it is up to each person to decide when to sell, instead of a price I have decided that I’m going to hold for a particular amount of time and I’m going to sell  after holding for that many years.
Activity: 53
Merit: 11
November 21, 2017, 07:48:46 PM
Never.
I'm holding everyhitng in crypto until I get $1M. Only then I will start cashing out.
Activity: 146
Merit: 18
November 21, 2017, 03:46:00 PM
I use bitcoin wallet to cash in with my salary and invest it on bitcoin.. my plan is when i get atleast 50 percent profit i think it's time to sell it.
i think that it is impossible to predict the right time.but we can say that we need to sell the bitcoins we the price goes high and need to buy when the price goes lower when the price of bitcoin start to increase then we need to hold when we realize that  price going to decrease then we can sell it to make high profit.
we can not make a good prediction for a right time but we can make a decision for each price that we want to price. My target right now is $10000. So whenever bitcoin hits $10000, I will sell them to usdt. Then, I will wait for bitcoin to drop its price to about $8000 in order to buy it with the cheaper price Wink

Usdt are you sure?
You can t trust usdt blindly it s better to sold for fiat and wait for opportunities.
It s difficult to win with volatility and it s harder with crypto low caps.
The right timing is the key you can lose all or win a lot on the same value
So hold even if it go lower and sold in everithing that seems like a pump could be a good idea
Sold at a fixed date can t be a right decision.
A true diversification is needed too even if you believe a lot to a value because you have to protect yourself against a big issue
And more you can bet on the end of the issue if you have enough money on others cryptos or bitcoin or fiat

Activity: 229
November 21, 2017, 01:58:07 PM
I use bitcoin wallet to cash in with my salary and invest it on bitcoin.. my plan is when i get atleast 50 percent profit i think it's time to sell it.
i think that it is impossible to predict the right time.but we can say that we need to sell the bitcoins we the price goes high and need to buy when the price goes lower when the price of bitcoin start to increase then we need to hold when we realize that  price going to decrease then we can sell it to make high profit.
we can not make a good prediction for a right time but we can make a decision for each price that we want to price. My target right now is $10000. So whenever bitcoin hits $10000, I will sell them to usdt. Then, I will wait for bitcoin to drop its price to about $8000 in order to buy it with the cheaper price Wink
Activity: 83
November 21, 2017, 01:19:57 PM
According to Buffet, sell when everybody knows about it (news out)
Activity: 51
November 21, 2017, 10:03:30 AM
When we want to sell is purely depend upon the situation of the market and the performance of the invested amount and the trend of market upwards or downwards. We have to consider all aspects and then only we decide to sell or hold.
Activity: 418
November 21, 2017, 10:01:22 AM
usually I sell altcoin at a price that I think is quite profitable, now I like to buy altcoin mbaru the price is still cheap, usually I will hold altcoin a few months and sell it when it is listing in big market
Activity: 140
Merit: 15
November 21, 2017, 09:53:36 AM
Activity: 397
November 21, 2017, 09:45:52 AM
it is all in the speculation! first you need to analysis about the market and all the situation that what is going on.i think no one is going to sell their coins at the movement because at the movement price of bitcoin is rising with the passage of time .every one want higher profit.because they know  that this is going to be a very big investment.and can make then rich in the long term or in the future.if people want to sell their coins .they need to sell when they know that they can make good and high profit..
There are so many people who are trading on random profit based strategy. It means they are holding their coin for a day or two or weeks or months or for year but they don’t have any solid reason behind this. They only see the prices going high and become happy. And when they earn a lot of margin then they decide to sell. This is better strategy as you don’t become greedy.
Activity: 151
November 21, 2017, 09:44:37 AM
Before you enter a trade, set a goal for yourself. That way you will know your exact exit point when the time comes.

Without a clear plan you are more likely to lose out because emotions will get in your way.

So well-thought out plan is critical for a successful trader. You can aim to sell, at  +10% from the buying price or sell at a fixed rate, say 8000 or 8300 per USDT/BTC

I also wanted to recommend a book called "A disciplinned trader" by Mark Douglas, it will help you in your trading endeavor.
Pages:
Jump to: