Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 24. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
November 27, 2017, 09:11:55 AM
well, at this point it's still time to HODL. In June they were predicting 10K by December. Now that we're this close it'll probably happen, so if you can... wait until 10K!!
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Get your share of the future
November 26, 2017, 09:44:27 PM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
I sell my bitcoin when there is chance to get profit even only small amount. I don't make complicated strategy of trading, I just pretend bitcoin trading like we sell good to someone. My goal is grow the amount of my bitcoin. I usually trade pair of btc and usd.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 26, 2017, 04:57:38 AM
Trading is very difficult. I recently made a mistake and sold the bitcoin for 7200... I have not correctly assessed the situation.
Activity: 252
Merit: 102
November 26, 2017, 01:29:00 AM
When I trade, I'm depending on the chart on how much or when should I sell my coins. Mostly I put 5% to 20% gain and a stop loss of 10%.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
November 25, 2017, 11:08:25 PM
I'm selling whenever it hits 20/30% profit after purchase, I've done this with ETH BTC and LTC without any hassle or issue and been making profit for more than six months now.
I can't say to myself that I'm a professional trading but is very easly the key is to be patient, because after you bought the bitcoins you may face many prices below the one desired
or the one you purchased the coins, the key is not to panic and wait til the price reachs 20/30% over the price obtained.

It means that you have a target which is 20-30% profit, it is not a great profit but it is safe and reasonable. As long as we make profit then it is the right time to sell, we should not be so greedy to get higher profit as it might be very dangerous because the price may fall down crazily without prior notice.
Target and limit is the keys of trading imho, we should have both things.
Activity: 462
November 25, 2017, 09:57:41 PM
For me i am not selling until i am not satisfied with the value or it, for example i will not sell my bitcoins until the value of it will not totally increase very high so when value of it will increase very high im gonna sell it immediately and i will earn many profit in that way, but holding my coins is may takes times but when wait for too long it will totally payoffs.
Activity: 308
November 25, 2017, 09:51:10 PM
I'm selling whenever it hits 20/30% profit after purchase, I've done this with ETH BTC and LTC without any hassle or issue and been making profit for more than six months now.
I can't say to myself that I'm a professional trading but is very easly the key is to be patient, because after you bought the bitcoins you may face many prices below the one desired
or the one you purchased the coins, the key is not to panic and wait til the price reachs 20/30% over the price obtained.
Activity: 434
November 25, 2017, 11:06:16 AM
It is depend on your profit expectation. i think put a profit rate to %10 - 20 is ideal profit rate for trade.
Activity: 149
Merit: 12
November 25, 2017, 11:04:53 AM
I preempt its 10% sample target if it allows me to sell it there is no reason to hold it any longer, I know the possibility of its price to go up again there must be but I prefer in 10% only, I do not want to risk losing 10% that's just an example
As my strategy for selling bitcoins, it would be practical and less risky if the price is high, I sell half of my hold bitcoin and invest 1:4 of it or trade and hold the remaining bitcoin. And continue to do that strategy when I have profit. Sounds literally not profitable but you should know that it's a self regulating transactions, so it's better stake of doing what makes you comfortable with.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
November 25, 2017, 11:04:27 AM
Hold it, and never count with % profit, i think every altcoin have their own price. i'm selling that coin when i think it's enough for me to hold that coin and i always hold over than 1 coin. just for in case i loss and i'll close with it.
Activity: 68
November 25, 2017, 10:56:53 AM
I preempt its 10% sample target if it allows me to sell it there is no reason to hold it any longer, I know the possibility of its price to go up again there must be but I prefer in 10% only, I do not want to risk losing 10% that's just an example
Im usually waiting, before i started trading im running a mining rig so the value dont matter to me that much, But also try to choose on what coins your going to invest. Trading is like buy and sell, Since i have my own mining rig, Im just waiting for my coins value to rise up while your'e earning your'e passive income. Maybe my way is slow but im trying not to lose much money. So the secret is waiting and good analyzation before starting.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
November 25, 2017, 10:55:57 AM
When I am accumulating a lot of profit maybe 30% and up, I will sell my coins. That's how I'm selling. Or for emergency, I am selling my coins for that emergency, whether with profit or without.
That is a great range for a profit and i believed that you are doing a great job in managing the risk. I also put a range of percentage of the profit for my trading and investment so i will not have too much risk and i can still earn profit without worrying. It is better for you to have some savings like emergency fund so your investments will not disturb.
Activity: 840
Merit: 268
November 25, 2017, 10:20:57 AM
When I am accumulating a lot of profit maybe 30% and up, I will sell my coins. That's how I'm selling. Or for emergency, I am selling my coins for that emergency, whether with profit or without.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
November 25, 2017, 09:36:59 AM
I use bitcoin wallet to cash in with my salary and invest it on bitcoin.. my plan is when i get atleast 50 percent profit i think it's time to sell it.
i think that it is impossible to predict the right time.but we can say that we need to sell the bitcoins we the price goes high and need to buy when the price goes lower when the price of bitcoin start to increase then we need to hold when we realize that  price going to decrease then we can sell it to make high profit.
we can not make a good prediction for a right time but we can make a decision for each price that we want to price. My target right now is $10000. So whenever bitcoin hits $10000, I will sell them to usdt. Then, I will wait for bitcoin to drop its price to about $8000 in order to buy it with the cheaper price Wink
Yes it is case in majority of counties around the globe. Many governments have banned bitcoin will no reason behind it. They only want to control it but as bitcoin is decentralized so it can never happen. And thus governments only found this way to ban it so that no one can use it in their country and thus fiat is main forex in current time. But believe me future will be more different.
Activity: 476
Merit: 11
November 25, 2017, 09:10:57 AM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

It is really hard to know whether it is right time to sell our coins. Most of the traders loses their money because they committed mistakes like they are panic selling and also selling their coins in wrong moment. We should always plan for us to gain profit.
Obviously only the thought of selling your coins comes in the mind when you know that the price has fallen to an unexpected level. This is actually termed as panic selling. Mainly those that buy the coins recently before dump are going to decide for getting rid of them at once and save the most they can that had been invested for the buying purposes.

But if someone would keep firm belief then he could become a millionaire even before turning 18 that could be witnessed with a glorified example of the boy who didn’t join college because he has earned much to spend his whole life.
That is absolute right. There are more chances for bitcoin to give to more profits if you’re holding them. Reason is, for every next year bitcoin prices are going up and this make it more famous. So if you hold for more than three or four years believe me you will be a millionaire at least when you sell your bitcoins at the end. Decide wisely what is being done from your side.

Each and everyone of us has different strategies on how to deal our bitcoin due to its unpredictable value, if we are going to sell or hold that we will wait in the right time. For me, I will sell some of it when its value getting high and hold some of it to have profit. Also, I will sell it having an emergency purposes. Soon the value of bitcoin will be much more higher as todays value since it getting higher having a profit in the future.
Activity: 418
Merit: 253
November 25, 2017, 08:56:25 AM
in 10 years when 1btc = 1mln... joke! I will never sell  Grin Grin Grin
Holding the bitcoins and that too for such a huge period of time is really a very good option. I myself think of holding of bitcoin as the best thing to do. I personally do not sell my bitcoins most of the time no matter how much profit I’m getting in return.

It is because of the reason that I know this thing that there is nothing more profitable than that of holding. I only sell at the time of need.
I think you are right about the price of bitcoins. I think that the right time to sell is never. One should consider the selling of cryptocurrencies as a permanent loss at his side .I do not believe in the price fluctuation stress and  many other factors that provoke a sense of selling time in the owner. One should keep hold of his currency that could result in him becoming a billionaire at the end.

I don't think that people will never sell their coins as and even if you will never sell then how you gonna become billionaire and even at that time you will think of holding it to sell when you become multi billionaire and holding it too long is very risky as no one knows what will be the scenario in future so its always good to sell it at higher profits and buy it back at the dip.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
November 25, 2017, 08:21:52 AM
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
November 25, 2017, 08:19:57 AM
in 10 years when 1btc = 1mln... joke! I will never sell  Grin Grin Grin
Holding the bitcoins and that too for such a huge period of time is really a very good option. I myself think of holding of bitcoin as the best thing to do. I personally do not sell my bitcoins most of the time no matter how much profit I’m getting in return.

It is because of the reason that I know this thing that there is nothing more profitable than that of holding. I only sell at the time of need.
I think you are right about the price of bitcoins. I think that the right time to sell is never. One should consider the selling of cryptocurrencies as a permanent loss at his side .I do not believe in the price fluctuation stress and  many other factors that provoke a sense of selling time in the owner. One should keep hold of his currency that could result in him becoming a billionaire at the end.
Activity: 108
"SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY"
November 24, 2017, 10:39:27 AM
vineyards needs time to harvest the best grapes
banquet needs time to be serve in a festive way
and achievements needs time to be earned at the end of the day
so, same with bitcoin... it needs time to be fully take its highest value before you can called it a great sale! for me
 its the essence of trade my friend.
Activity: 210
November 24, 2017, 08:53:31 AM

My target, when the coin price increases, I will sell a few% of the coin and the remainder of the coin I will hold for future investment.
Pages:
Jump to: