Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 52. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253
August 28, 2017, 07:38:12 PM
Perhaps several times I was involved in a panic selling in late July where bitcoin had a critical pre-hardfork phase. Now I am more relaxed in selling because of the small fractional application on a regular basis, the fundamental charts make it easy for me to understand the analysis and I do not always wait for the desired price level to sell it, if it is a bit profitable then I will do the sell order process.
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
August 28, 2017, 05:09:27 PM
First of all you need a strategy.
If you don't have one - you are a gambler, not a trader.
That’s I the point one must know about trading. You must have strategy that will be guiding you in all times. You have to sell when you know that you will get enough profit margin. Don’t be greedy and wait for a long up, often that will end up in sleep fall and you get nothing. So strategical trading will be yielding profit else like said that will only be gambling.

Trading should be limited to a short term and holding it too long can be dangerous as you may miss the right time to sell and make profits so whenever you see price exceeding your entry price then without waiting longer you should sell your coins and collect the profits as you can again buy it when price goes down in future.
It really depends on the trader if he will sell it for short term or if he will sell it for long term. There is a lot of kind of traders so it is not always short term and there are still traders that prefer long term trading so they can earn more money so they cannot miss the opportunity to sell at the moon and not on a launching of the rocket.

You have a good analogy about the price going to the moon and the launching of the rocket. I feel really comfortable with short term trading and just targeting like 2.8% gain per trade.. although it is not that big gains but it is better than waiting for quite some time to get like 20-305 gains.. Although I agree that it is its own preference and I highly advice traders to determine where they are comfortable trading and stick with it.
I think its vary P2P. About me, my strategy is -Buy and Hold, never cash out! As highly believe that, crypto is going to explode soon. More and more people are joining everyday. This is so positive. Massive things are coming, just don't buy into hype.
Selling and resisting strategy is one of the most able to produce, where when we buy a low price some time to come certainly the price will soon rise to a higher level. Because in the world of cyptocurrency can not be predicted the movement of the price.
Yes, it is really hard to predict the movements of the crypto market. The market keeps on fluctuating and is hard to understand. The best way is to stay passive and observe the movements of your coins and jump into the game when prices are really up to enjoy its profit.
Activity: 434
August 28, 2017, 03:48:22 AM
That’s I the point one must know about trading. You must have strategy that will be guiding you in all times. You have to sell when you know that you will get enough profit margin. Don’t be greedy and wait for a long up, often that will end up in sleep fall and you get nothing. So strategical trading will be yielding profit else like said that will only be gambling.

Trading should be limited to a short term and holding it too long can be dangerous as you may miss the right time to sell and make profits so whenever you see price exceeding your entry price then without waiting longer you should sell your coins and collect the profits as you can again buy it when price goes down in future.
It really depends on the trader if he will sell it for short term or if he will sell it for long term. There is a lot of kind of traders so it is not always short term and there are still traders that prefer long term trading so they can earn more money so they cannot miss the opportunity to sell at the moon and not on a launching of the rocket.

You have a good analogy about the price going to the moon and the launching of the rocket. I feel really comfortable with short term trading and just targeting like 2.8% gain per trade.. although it is not that big gains but it is better than waiting for quite some time to get like 20-305 gains.. Although I agree that it is its own preference and I highly advice traders to determine where they are comfortable trading and stick with it.
I think its vary P2P. About me, my strategy is -Buy and Hold, never cash out! As highly believe that, crypto is going to explode soon. More and more people are joining everyday. This is so positive. Massive things are coming, just don't buy into hype.
Selling and resisting strategy is one of the most able to produce, where when we buy a low price some time to come certainly the price will soon rise to a higher level. Because in the world of cyptocurrency can not be predicted the movement of the price.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
August 28, 2017, 03:09:44 AM

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
August 26, 2017, 09:56:37 PM

Activity: 1344
Merit: 335
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 26, 2017, 05:24:37 PM

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
August 26, 2017, 05:20:05 PM
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
August 24, 2017, 04:33:09 AM
Activity: 2618
Merit: 335
August 24, 2017, 04:30:43 AM
From my own point I think you should sell when the market price is very high and you can predict its going to start plunging soon. With that mindset all you’re going to be doing is just watching the charts and keep noticing any slight change in prices.
Activity: 644
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 22, 2017, 07:01:48 AM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
Me also i am a newbie in trading business and i assure that i make a profit even if small. So i sell my crypto when the selling value is higher than when i bought. And also i buy different crypto and then wait for the right time to sell it again. And for letting go trading i cant be sure when do i quit may be if i am not ever gain any profit and have a big loss.

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
August 22, 2017, 02:46:55 AM
I sell more of it with 10% margin,
to much may be dangerous. It is fun when we have to sell it. I sell and buy quite lots
This is margin trade, and profit 10% per order is very good, do not greedy because it will make you loss a lot of money in future. My strategy is take profit when my order have profit 3-5% depends the situation of market in that time.
For now bitcoin value was slowly fall down, I think this is the right time to buy bitcoin because as expect of many users. After this fall down of bitcoin value I believe that bitcoin price in the market will take a rest and after this it was started to raising up again.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
August 22, 2017, 01:52:11 AM
I will sell when the coins price are higher than my capital, as much as possible i will sell if it already double or triple the price from my investment.  Grin
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
August 22, 2017, 01:29:48 AM
to much may be dangerous. It is fun when we have to sell it. I sell and buy quite lots
This is margin trade, and profit 10% per order is very good, do not greedy because it will make you loss a lot of money in future. My strategy is take profit when my order have profit 3-5% depends the situation of market in that time.
Activity: 868
Merit: 535
August 22, 2017, 01:25:34 AM
Currently the price of bitcoins are going down, we're down from $4,400 to right now, as of writing, the price is down to $3700. And looking like the price will even go down a lot further. But when it does reach $3500 or less, I think that would be the best time to buy. So it is not yet the time to sell, probably this si the best time to buy more and more of every cryptocurrency there is.
Activity: 434
August 22, 2017, 01:12:37 AM
I sell when there are 2 of interest, such as 1 when the price was spiking up and number 2 when there is an urgent need. because however we also sell to gain profit
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
August 22, 2017, 12:32:20 AM
Doing the selling when the price pump is always good and of course you have to buy when there is a dump that is coming, I guess by doing the same method again and again will make you rich because it is expected that bitcoin will rise overtime. Patience is necessary in investing and since the norm now of the price is volatile, with great patience you'll be profitable.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
August 21, 2017, 11:01:31 PM
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
August 21, 2017, 10:30:33 PM
for me, i sell my coins when personally needs it and to pullout. but, i usually sell when i got 30 -50% profit in a short and 100 to 250% in a longterm.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
August 21, 2017, 10:10:22 PM
I do sell my coins when I see that I gain profit, whether it is high or low as long as I can see and feel  Grin that I gain profit, because I know once the coin peaks its higg surely there will be panic sellers will pop up which is so annoying now, so I prefer to be wise. I think that is enough reason for me. But also I hold coins for long time.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
August 21, 2017, 09:40:06 PM
You sell when you are in profit, If you are holding a short position, You sell as soon as you hit your stop loss, otherwise the longer you wait for the price to correct itself, the bigger your risk. When in profit, you don't have to sell all if you believe the price will spike further, but you must sell enough to recover some of your capital in case the price reverses.

Holding altcoins too longer is always as big risk as you never know when the price will crash so its always good to sell them when you have already made good profits from it and wait for the price to go down again as altcoin market is an combination of ups and downs so you should never miss an opportunity of buying at low price and selling at an higher price.

Good point.. Trading with altcoins is really different to trading with stocks and forex - it is just different. I know someone who is good with trading stocks and has been doing it for 15 years says, trading cryptocurrency is just different. That is why we should learn the crypto market and create a system on how to profit.
Pages:
Jump to: