Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 53. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 500
August 21, 2017, 07:27:47 PM
You sell when you are in profit, If you are holding a short position, You sell as soon as you hit your stop loss, otherwise the longer you wait for the price to correct itself, the bigger your risk. When in profit, you don't have to sell all if you believe the price will spike further, but you must sell enough to recover some of your capital in case the price reverses.

Holding altcoins too longer is always as big risk as you never know when the price will crash so its always good to sell them when you have already made good profits from it and wait for the price to go down again as altcoin market is an combination of ups and downs so you should never miss an opportunity of buying at low price and selling at an higher price.
efx
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 21, 2017, 05:09:57 PM
most time i trade altcoins i have some target where i am going to sell
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
August 21, 2017, 03:36:34 PM
Buy btc in low and sell in high
Activity: 630
August 21, 2017, 03:25:38 PM
You sell when you are in profit, If you are holding a short position, You sell as soon as you hit your stop loss, otherwise the longer you wait for the price to correct itself, the bigger your risk. When in profit, you don't have to sell all if you believe the price will spike further, but you must sell enough to recover some of your capital in case the price reverses.
It's very interesting to listen really to the opinion of a professional, but since I do, it's really wrong. I sell only when I need to settle accounts. And all my selling is very unprofitable for me. At some point it happens, when I want to sell the price as if it falls on purpose.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
August 21, 2017, 02:04:01 PM
Activity: 2954
Merit: 683
August 21, 2017, 02:01:54 PM
Holding altcoins are the best decision but should be remembered that it is not be hold for a long time. Personally i think that holding coin is a such like of predict. When you got 30%-40% profit, you should sell it and buy again for continuing. If you want to sell it 100% profit, you will be failure.
There are really exact points on where you would need to sell out your coins on a specific percentage of profits you do target. 100% might really be hard to achieve depending on the value of the coin. Once you hit the peak price of a certain pump you will surely regret later on. This is why we should really be vigilant and observant on the price movements and we can do make decision on when to sell.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 267
August 21, 2017, 01:20:32 PM
Holding altcoins are the best decision but should be remembered that it is not be hold for a long time. Personally i think that holding coin is a such like of predict. When you got 30%-40% profit, you should sell it and buy again for continuing. If you want to sell it 100% profit, you will be failure.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
August 18, 2017, 07:29:54 AM
It depends upon the profit I made but I used to hold as long as possible because in long term we can make some decent amount of the money because the price of Bitcoin is kept increasing, so in future, the value of altcoin will also increase.
Activity: 736
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 18, 2017, 07:12:55 AM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
I decided to sell my other coins in the near future. I know that the HODL is very effective way to earn more money. I have a lot of patience and I can wait to the right time to sell my coins.
HODL for altcoins that have good potential in the future is the right decision, but if you do not know whether that atlcoins have good potential or not, you will lose a good profit because you hold that altcoins for long time.
Yes hodl is very good move in order to avoid missed profit in trading because trading is unpredictable job no one can predict the exact price where it came and also you can support the coin by investing on it
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002
August 18, 2017, 07:05:04 AM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

I decided to sell my other coins in the near future. I know that the HODL is very effective way to earn more money. I have a lot of patience and I can wait to the right time to sell my coins.
HODL for altcoins that have good potential in the future is the right decision, but if you do not know whether that atlcoins have good potential or not, you will lose a good profit because you hold that altcoins for long time.
Activity: 924
Merit: 275
August 18, 2017, 06:07:34 AM

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
August 18, 2017, 06:03:19 AM
As my strategy for selling bitcoins, it would be practical and less risky if the price is high, I sell half of my hold bitcoin and invest 1:4 of it or trade and hold the remaining bitcoin. And continue to do that strategy when I have profit. Sounds literally not profitable but you should know that it's a self regulating transactions, so it's better stake of doing what makes you comfortable with.

That strategy sounds good, but, with a straight forward logic, we can also say that holding bitcoins provides you benefit forever. Imagine people thought it's a ceiling price when btc was $2,000. Then look at the current price, almost more than doubled it.
Everyone should tell people around you that you will never sell it unless if there is a real panic selling causing chaos in the market.
Which i personally it won't happened now or later , so the answer is simply to hold it as long as possible.
Never withdraw it unless if you really urgently need it.
Activity: 700
August 18, 2017, 12:57:38 AM
Because the need suddenly, I sell some bitcoin do not see the price down or up. So bitcoin in view see from my condition.that opinion for me.

That is the only way or the most used tactic on Trading, buy low, sell high, so that you could make a huge profits in the long run, though Trading is a risky way to earn money if you are not going to consider the fact that you could lose money on it if you are just going to naively buy any coins in the Trading platform.
Activity: 574
Merit: 105
August 17, 2017, 07:42:18 PM
well for me i sale at % that my instance tells me to sale and that how i do it all the time
Activity: 887
August 17, 2017, 07:05:54 PM
Because the need suddenly, I sell some bitcoin do not see the price down or up. So bitcoin in view see from my condition.that opinion for me.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
August 17, 2017, 04:27:50 PM
As my strategy for selling bitcoins, it would be practical and less risky if the price is high, I sell half of my hold bitcoin and invest 1:4 of it or trade and hold the remaining bitcoin. And continue to do that strategy when I have profit. Sounds literally not profitable but you should know that it's a self regulating transactions, so it's better stake of doing what makes you comfortable with.

That strategy sounds good, but, with a straight forward logic, we can also say that holding bitcoins provides you benefit forever. Imagine people thought it's a ceiling price when btc was $2,000. Then look at the current price, almost more than doubled it.

I, too, once did not believe that the price of bitcoin could increase so much. But luckily I was wrong and now I have a good profit.
I sold my coins at a time when the price was 4,100 dollars. Now I will again buy bitcoin when the price goes down
that is why we say that bitcoin price is unpredictable. no one know that what will  happen to the price of bitcoin. although it is possible that the price of bitcoin will cross 5000$ in few day, but it is also possible that its price will drop even below 2500$. but still we can expect that the price of bitcoin will increase and not going to decreasbit es

Yes you are correct. Since from the birth of bitcoin. The price of bitcoin is will vary day to either may increase or may decrease. At first the price of is 500$.Now it's around 4238$.Which only shows how much far bitcoin come acrossed .Not only this even the price will increase and reach 5000$.
As per my knowledge, the first price of Bitcoin in 2009 or 2007 (I can't remember exactly this time) just few ó per BTC, and in this time just have few people know it. If you compare this price until today, you can see the ratio growth of Bitcoin very impressive.
This time is the right timing to sell bitcoin because their price in the market is too high. I'm just thinking that after this month bitcoin will crash and bitcoin value is fall down. However, if that happen just grab the opportunity and invest.
Activity: 625
Merit: 501
August 17, 2017, 03:19:47 PM

I, too, once did not believe that the price of bitcoin could increase so much. But luckily I was wrong and now I have a good profit.
I sold my coins at a time when the price was 4,100 dollars. Now I will again buy bitcoin when the price goes down
that is why we say that bitcoin price is unpredictable. no one know that what will  happen to the price of bitcoin. although it is possible that the price of bitcoin will cross 5000$ in few day, but it is also possible that its price will drop even below 2500$. but still we can expect that the price of bitcoin will increase and not going to decreasbit es

Yes you are correct. Since from the birth of bitcoin. The price of bitcoin is will vary day to either may increase or may decrease. At first the price of is 500$.Now it's around 4238$.Which only shows how much far bitcoin come acrossed .Not only this even the price will increase and reach 5000$.
As per my knowledge, the first price of Bitcoin in 2009 or 2007 (I can't remember exactly this time) just few dollars per BTC, and in this time just have few people know it. If you compare this price until today, you can see the ratio growth of Bitcoin very impressive.
Activity: 322
August 17, 2017, 02:50:28 PM

Activity: 126
August 17, 2017, 01:09:30 PM
I do %, maybe around 20%-30%, because trading fees are sick, and you need some profit to cover those fees.
Activity: 588
August 15, 2017, 07:46:59 PM

that is why we say that bitcoin price is unpredictable. no one know that what will  happen to the price of bitcoin. although it is possible that the price of bitcoin will cross 5000$ in few day, but it is also possible that its price will drop even below 2500$. but still we can expect that the price of bitcoin will increase and not going to decrease.
Pages:
Jump to: