Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 54. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
August 15, 2017, 07:27:07 PM
As my strategy for selling bitcoins, it would be practical and less risky if the price is high, I sell half of my hold bitcoin and invest 1:4 of it or trade and hold the remaining bitcoin. And continue to do that strategy when I have profit. Sounds literally not profitable but you should know that it's a self regulating transactions, so it's better stake of doing what makes you comfortable with.

That strategy sounds good, but, with a straight forward logic, we can also say that holding bitcoins provides you benefit forever. Imagine people thought it's a ceiling price when btc was $2,000. Then look at the current price, almost more than doubled it.

I, too, once did not believe that the price of bitcoin could increase so much. But luckily I was wrong and now I have a good profit.
I sold my coins at a time when the price was 4,100 dollars. Now I will again buy bitcoin when the price goes down
but i was too much confident about the price of bitcoin that it will increase too much in future, therefore i am holding bitcoin for a long time.  i think there must be such kind of people who are also holding their bitcoins for the last few years and now they can get a good profit from it, but still they are not ready to sell their bitcoins because they are still sure that bitcoin price will continue increase and will give you good profit.
Activity: 812
Merit: 317
August 15, 2017, 03:19:21 PM
As my strategy for selling bitcoins, it would be practical and less risky if the price is high, I sell half of my hold bitcoin and invest 1:4 of it or trade and hold the remaining bitcoin. And continue to do that strategy when I have profit. Sounds literally not profitable but you should know that it's a self regulating transactions, so it's better stake of doing what makes you comfortable with.

That strategy sounds good, but, with a straight forward logic, we can also say that holding bitcoins provides you benefit forever. Imagine people thought it's a ceiling price when btc was $2,000. Then look at the current price, almost more than doubled it.

I, too, once did not believe that the price of bitcoin could increase so much. But luckily I was wrong and now I have a good profit.
I sold my coins at a time when the price was 4,100 dollars. Now I will again buy bitcoin when the price goes down

Lol. Good for you you had the foresight of selling at that price. It's now dropped as quick as it went up and i wasn't able to do anything but watch the exchange rate of my btc fall to a lower rate. Though i think this is just temporary and btc will probably have another run that may see it breach 5k. So im still holding my coins
The fact that we ourselves are to blame for the fact that it was very late realized. I recently decided to sell my airtime for Bitcoin at a very favorable price, but so far I've gathered, it's strong. And once again fell and today sell for less Bitcoin I do not want. It will be necessary to be more attentive with the course of the crypto currency.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
August 15, 2017, 11:57:09 AM

Lol. Good for you you had the foresight of selling at that price. It's now dropped as quick as it went up and i wasn't able to do anything but watch the exchange rate of my btc fall to a lower rate. Though i think this is just temporary and btc will probably have another run that may see it breach 5k. So im still holding my coins
Activity: 106
Merit: 100
August 15, 2017, 11:54:25 AM

Activity: 139
August 15, 2017, 11:24:12 AM

Activity: 812
Merit: 142
August 15, 2017, 11:10:44 AM
I mostly target the pump or sellin at 10%.
Not so muh but I get in and out quite often,... it makes my porto bigger but we have to watch it Smiley

Well it's a nice way for short term profit . In such scenarios you will never make big losses and if you hold it for some time after your but you may get good gain of there is one side swing of Bitcoin price .

One thing is that keep profit aside and do not invest all your money in this beacuse when it falls it wipes your profits and capital quickly .
Activity: 291
August 15, 2017, 03:05:58 AM
I mostly target the pump or sellin at 10%.
Not so muh but I get in and out quite often,... it makes my porto bigger but we have to watch it Smiley
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
August 15, 2017, 02:41:33 AM

Each trader develops his trading strategy. I also try to find the best way to increase capital. I just keep some coins. And the second part I use for bidding. But I do not buy alternative coins for the whole amount of the deposit - it's very risky
Activity: 322
Merit: 253
August 15, 2017, 12:41:22 AM
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
August 15, 2017, 12:11:05 AM
Yes, for now, it is better to hold your Bitcoin than you sell it.
Bitcoin price increase this month is very fast. Last month I saw it when Bitcoin price $ 3000 and now $ 4000 maybe the end of year Bitcoin price will reach $ 5000- $ 10000.
Well it is your way but I will suggest to sell half bit coin and hold half of them. Then the amount you get from selling, use them in some trade and try to increase them and the wait again buy some and then sell half and hold half and repeat it again and again I bought them last month when it was 2k and people called me fool and now the appreciate me.

Suggestions for selling and holding some are very good, you are experienced enough here, almost everyone who buys bitcoins at such a high price will still not be at risk as bitcoin imflation continues to rise, and that will not make us lose money
Activity: 527
August 14, 2017, 11:46:23 PM
You sell when others are buying too much. As of now, I would say you should wait until there is an easy way to liquidate btc. That's when you should sell, when bitcoin becomes easy to use and sell. If you can sell a little before then, that would be great. Btc is just too hard to liquidate right now. Alternatively, the btc fanboy answer would be never because btc will be used as money so no usd needed.
Activity: 254
Merit: 104
August 14, 2017, 11:45:21 PM
Different rules for different trade strategies. Sometimes 20%, sometimes long term hold with hopes for 1000% growth... depends!
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
August 14, 2017, 11:29:12 PM
Hi guys, may I ask our tenured traders here. I bought four alts last week and it's been a week on trading and alts are really down Sad do you consider time as well? Should I sell these alts already considering the amount of time it's been on the trading site?I am just new with trading and as much as I don't want to panic, I am really afraid that alts will not be recovered in any moment. I just want an honest opinion from our good traders here or any traders here same with my condition?

I want to be open with you guys, alts I bought are NXT, ETH, XRP and DASH. No where I can find any improvement of these alts on the market. I sincerely appreciate your reply guys. Thanks!

I am not a trader expert but I do have a share of advice I can give you based on personal situation at the moment. I also have bought some altcoins few days ago and they are also going down. I decided to hold the line and will not going to sell them for now - I just wait until the price of bitcoin stabilize and everything goes back to normal - this too will pass.. Hold the line! Wink
Activity: 350
August 14, 2017, 10:12:41 PM
Hi guys, may I ask our tenured traders here. I bought four alts last week and it's been a week on trading and alts are really down Sad do you consider time as well? Should I sell these alts already considering the amount of time it's been on the trading site?I am just new with trading and as much as I don't want to panic, I am really afraid that alts will not be recovered in any moment. I just want an honest opinion from our good traders here or any traders here same with my condition?

I want to be open with you guys, alts I bought are NXT, ETH, XRP and DASH. No where I can find any improvement of these alts on the market. I sincerely appreciate your reply guys. Thanks!
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
August 14, 2017, 07:56:06 PM
Bitcoin price increase this month is very fast. Last month I saw it when Bitcoin price $ 3000 and now $ 4000 maybe the end of year Bitcoin price will reach $ 5000- $ 10000.
Well it is your way but I will suggest to sell half bit coin and hold half of them. Then the amount you get from selling, use them in some trade and try to increase them and the wait again buy some and then sell half and hold half and repeat it again and again I bought them last month when it was 2k and people called me fool and now the appreciate me.
i think still there is time to sell bitcoin, therefore i think we should wait for some time, because the price of bitcoin is expected to increase too much. i am hopeful that in next few year bitcoin price will be trading above 10000$ therefore we should not sell your bitcoin in such a low price.
Activity: 907
Merit: 500
August 14, 2017, 07:54:48 PM
Activity: 790
Merit: 505
August 14, 2017, 06:19:08 PM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

Since bitcoin was $500 i sell 10% of my coins every time the price doubles, this has worked quite well for me over the years. Never sell all and always keep the majority of your bag. You just never know how high the price will go.
Activity: 476
August 14, 2017, 01:08:56 PM
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
August 14, 2017, 12:15:35 PM
I try not to sell Bitcoin at all, but to hold it  Smiley As for Altcoins - I try not to keep them at all, I don't see this as a reliable investment. I sell as soon as there is even a small winning percentage, so to say. I go about it intuitively.
I think this is the right time to sell bitcoin because their price was continues increasing. Moreover I think if we sell bitcoin now, we incurred a lot of income. But now if we cannot sell it in the future there were a possibility to earn lost.
No. i hope if we cannot sell it now and hold it for more time we cannot get loss because i am fully believe in the price of bitcoin that its price will be very soon hit 5000$. I think you make a plan to sell your bitcoin but that time you need to wait.

I just hope that the price of bitcoin will go as high as $10,000 -  that is what I have received on my email few months ago. I guess there is no reason why it will not reach that price giving its value and adaptation of investors as shown in the market today.
i respect your expectation, but i think it will take a lot of time. i think those people who have good patient and who can also manage to hold their bitcoins for  a long time then it is very good to wait for that time but i think most of the people do not have such patient and they mostly sell their bitcoin when the price of bitcoin a little increase.
Activity: 868
Merit: 535
August 14, 2017, 10:46:05 AM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

I will sell my assets when prices are highest, but I do not sell assets as a whole, I am reserving 10%
Bitcoin value was unstoppable, due to continuously raising up of this coin price. I hope it was not end because bitcoin now had a good demand in the market.

Indeed, and now the price just keeps on raising. I don't think it is still the right time to sell. Maybe prices will even reach $10,000 this year. Seems like McAfee would not be sucking his dick in national tv. It is looking like we could reach that mythical $500,000 each bitcoins if it continues like this. I am hopeful though!
Pages:
Jump to: