Pages:
Author

Topic: when is safe to sell my alts? - page 9. (Read 950 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
April 08, 2018, 07:00:19 PM
The safest solution at the moment is that you should exchange all of the altcoins you own to ETH and hold will be more reasonable than the holding of altcoins. At present, the mayor's exchange rate is very volatile. The exchange rate of the whole market is mostly affected by the exchange rate of BTC and ETH. So if you want to be safe, do not lose money should hold ETH or BTC, it is better to hold altcoins.
Activity: 594
Merit: 250
April 08, 2018, 06:56:05 PM
It's safe to sell when we are green market but even if it's green but the price of the altcoins we are holding is small then don't sell. Sell only if your target profit is reach and if your altcoins that you are holding has no future at all you can sell it quickly because it price might  not go up.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1252
Heisenberg
April 08, 2018, 06:48:16 PM
Number one rule of trading is you should have a goal... you should know how much you need and when to exit... you sgoild also know your strategy, are you a long term holder or short term trader. this will help you to know when to sell the alts
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
April 08, 2018, 06:46:35 PM
Hi all i have a lot of altcoins i invested before the bloody days and now most of then are down lik 50%. Should i sell them with no profit but also no loss or shold i keep them a little more to make profit? what would you do?
Everything will be ok in a few months and each and every coin will reach to its highest level very sooner as you are seeing many of the coins have already reached to its highest previous level and many are in the start to reach to recover and the remaining will also recover when the price of bitcoin will recover. So it is beneficial for you to keep them for a better time to come and at that time you will be able to decide yourself that now how much you want to profit from them and how much will these go rise more.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018
April 08, 2018, 06:44:12 PM
Hi all i have a lot of altcoins i invested before the bloody days and now most of then are down lik 50%. Should i sell them with no profit but also no loss or shold i keep them a little more to make profit? what would you do?
You should take profits now,or else the opportunity would be lost,if these market manipulators will dump the market again you will only going to lost a good opportunity to buy more at the bottom.Buying at the bottom would be much profitable when the market has recovered that is why it is better to buy in red market than the usual market condition.
Activity: 2156
Merit: 531
April 08, 2018, 06:42:17 PM
You should try something else to make your own growth by buying in another altcoin to take the previous losses ,while waiting for the resurrection you have to try it out and that too is the option I'm doing now hold and buy another to balance
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
April 08, 2018, 06:41:03 PM
The best time i feel you should sell your altcoins is when you are in profit. Otherwise, you may loose the bulk of the money you invested. Of course the time we are in now might hinder you from selling, but a little patience will do. Try as much as possible to keep the spirit alive, you will sure make your good earnings.
Activity: 98
April 08, 2018, 06:40:51 PM
Decide for yourself if you have really bad coins sell them. You can leave good ones. You can leave some of those in which you are not sure. Alot of people  are in a similar situation now, it is difficult to deal with trading every day because the market is not stable. Personally, I sold a lot in negative and I played on good coins thanks to trading. I will keep a few coins until they grow up.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
April 08, 2018, 06:30:11 PM
I see no point in selling your coins, as the market is cyclical and sooner or later it will recover and even set new records. But are you ready to wait, that's the question you should ask yourself.

Of course, selling at this point is a waste of money, why would you sell in the bottom? better to wait a little bit more and try to sell in a +20 or +30 percent from now. It makes no sense to sell now.
Just wait a little bit more and you will have much more
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
April 08, 2018, 06:28:33 PM
I see no point in selling your coins, as the market is cyclical and sooner or later it will recover and even set new records. But are you ready to wait, that's the question you should ask yourself.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
April 08, 2018, 06:26:12 PM
The market is green now, you'd better keep it for the next few days, I'm sure the market will recover in the near future. You do not need to rush into selling, be patient to get a better profit.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
April 08, 2018, 06:15:29 PM
I think you at least wait them to return back -%25 of all time high (at december 2017) I also had many altcoins and I am not stuck with all of them waiting for prices to raise after bitcoin in late 2018 (safe guess)

Its safe when you have atleast small amount of profit but if its not better to wait for the market to bounce. Just keep on holding so you will not lose big money, just enjoy this moment to buy more coins.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
April 08, 2018, 06:12:22 PM
Why would you decide to sell without profit which contradicts your reason for getting them in the first place. Ad for me , I have no option but to hold and that am doing till I can make some tangible profits in them and I will strongly advise you do the same
Activity: 812
April 08, 2018, 06:05:13 PM
you must remain patient to hold, if you sell at a low price you will definitely lose. you should be sure if there is a good coin in the future and it can be used as your coin to restore your losses.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
April 08, 2018, 05:57:36 PM
Sell when you can be sure of  good return on investment,Profit taking is dependent on your strategy, for  me I sell 1/3 of  my investment ones the  ROI hit 2X, I sell of also if am in need of fiat or need to invest in other ICO i believe in.
Activity: 224
April 08, 2018, 01:47:55 PM
I do not understand people who ask such questions. Dude, this is your money and your risk. If you do not want to risk, take the money. If you want more, wait for the growth of the market. I believe in crypto and I wait patiently.

I do it the same!
And I agree with you! You have to decide - what you want to do it. No one knows - what you have and what you want.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
April 08, 2018, 01:28:33 PM
I think it loses too much if you sell it for half the price the better you hold it even though I know you should be saturated waiting until the price goes back but I'm sure you're still not ready to bear losing so much so wait a little longer

Keep calm and wins the race proverb will perfectly fit for bitcoin and alts price fluctuations happening in the market. We need to hodl the bitcoin and alts as much we can. If we missed to do that even we will be part of the market fluctuations.
If you want to invest on alts this is perfect to put the money as much you can.
Now wanna selling the money that is perfect wrong decision. Wait for 2 months and do it.
Activity: 364
April 08, 2018, 01:26:35 PM
Its better to hold right now until you have gain some profit. And also its depends what token/coin you hold and if it is a good project you have to hodl your coin tightly.
Activity: 266
Merit: 114
April 08, 2018, 01:17:30 PM
What are you holding altcoin? If they are potential projects then you should hold long term, otherwise sell early to avoid risk.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
April 08, 2018, 01:16:46 PM
it depends from what you did, if you invested in an ICO i think you better hold untill price back to ICO price. but if you bought altcoins in the market hold it untill get a better price so you not loss too much
Pages:
Jump to: