Pages:
Author

Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin - page 11. (Read 17206 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
December 09, 2017, 06:34:04 AM
Perhaps in 2020 90% of US stores will receive Bitcoin as payment. Currently there are many shops that accept Bitcoin payments, it's just not evenly distributed in some developed countries, for example in Asian countries only a few stores that accept Bitcoin payments for the transaction. Since there are still many obstacles to using Bitcoin, the first obstacle is the store owner's confidence in Bitcoin, the second constraint is the fear of Bitcoin in the future. The third obstacle is to see the current Bitcoin exchange rate is very high.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
December 09, 2017, 05:44:54 AM
"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.

We know and much familiar that Bitcoin is really open for Japanese people. Japan has embraced bitcoin so well since we also know that Japan is not afraid of great changes to happen. They are usually the innovators of different generations since then. Having that great character like the Japanese, I hope many nations and countries to also accept bitcoin even to retailers and even to different transactions that it would be like how we use our fiat money.

That is true they made first move and seem like they made it in right time. Like you im also hopping to see many countries will follow them but for now this process seem little slow. Some already announced some changes like they will reduce ax or removed it completely but this is still small step, Japan made huge one.
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
December 08, 2017, 02:41:48 PM

https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.

We know and much familiar that Bitcoin is really open for Japanese people. Japan has embraced bitcoin so well since we also know that Japan is not afraid of great changes to happen. They are usually the innovators of different generations since then. Having that great character like the Japanese, I hope many nations and countries to also accept bitcoin even to retailers and even to different transactions that it would be like how we use our fiat money.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
December 08, 2017, 02:27:37 PM

retailers will receive bitcoin when they understand the benefits of having bitcoin and accept what payments they use bitcoin, because for now few retailers know and accept payments using bitcoins.
In Japan, you do not get trouble to find the retailer accpet Bitcoin, therefore, it means the retailer accept Bitcoin still depend on the policies of the government. As long as the government accept Bitcoin is legally and can use for payment, I think there are many retailers always be ready to accept Bitcoin.
Activity: 35
December 08, 2017, 07:29:23 AM

retailers will receive bitcoin when they understand the benefits of having bitcoin and accept what payments they use bitcoin, because for now few retailers know and accept payments using bitcoins.

The problem with accepting Bitcoin as payment is in the time it takes between receiving Bitcoin and converting it to £ Sterling (still a minimum of 1 to 2 hours for us) is the Bitcoin price can fluctuate wildly.

Now I keep seeing posts that argue that just holding on is fine as the Bitcoin price just goes up. This is a completely flawed argument in so many ways. For a start most business need to pay suppliers within a set time period and the said suppliers generally want to be paid in cash not BTC.

I am however seeing people accept BTC for services or electronic deliverables far more than physical objects. I think we are one of the few that accept Bitcoin for luxury items but we are doing it more to provide a service to allow people to cash out of BTC into fiat.

I know that people will be a little reluctant to sell BTC at the moment as the market has not yet seen a large crash/correction. Lets face it, most people will naturally want to hold onto something that just seems to only go up!

The people who are buying fine wine with BTC are people with very large amounts amounts who obtained it when it was well under $1,000 a coin.

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
December 08, 2017, 05:24:10 AM

Activity: 627
Merit: 14
Crypto Article Sharer!!!
December 08, 2017, 05:18:45 AM
There are many country are adoption Bitcoin as a digital currency in their market.And some countries will focus on it and anytime they will be reached a positive decision about legalize Bitcoin.After adopting more countries, Then more retailers will accept Bitcoin.
Activity: 412
Merit: 152
Perceiving events in the future and beyond
December 08, 2017, 05:05:19 AM

More and more will be adopting Bitcoin by the coming years. Recently Japan and Australia are now adopting digital currecy in their market. Also, Russia will focus on mining btc but only regulated.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO
December 01, 2017, 10:07:28 PM
I think Bitcoin’s major drawback why retailers opt to still use  fiat is its volatility. It is not recommended for business to ise a currency if everyday its price will surge up and doen. It is not like that everyday they will change their price of a certain item just ot cope up with Bitcoin’s price over fiat. Also, Bitcoin is not desgned for small transactions or for everyday use. If crypto will be the main use for payment in the future many altcoins can be worth considering for micro transactions. It has very small fees and way faster transaction rate. Though Bitcoin is the more stable and reliable one, retailers would opt to find other alternative ways to have a more convenient  and practical way of payment. But if devs will come up with a solution for this then I think there is no stopping for Bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 126
December 01, 2017, 01:05:24 PM
Bitcoin is by nature open to its code. That currency versions are not made by central authorities but by communities or groups to serve their needs. So it will eventually more and more merchandisers will accept it
Activity: 779
Merit: 500
December 01, 2017, 01:03:10 PM
When a country has a wide range of technology, im sure there would be a lot of POS that accepts bitcoin as a medium of exchange. Certainly, as per what you have posted , japan can handle what bitcoin needs to be used as a regular currency on their country.
It is not about the technology, it is about the country that is being open minded for the possible opportunities in the future. Japan is one of the country that did accept bitcoin and that is why i really love Japan because they are one of the most advanced country in the world that keeps on accepting and being open for the possibilities.
I am a fan boy of Japan, not only in economy this country became the first and create the revolution. They have many cultures that make the world go crazy and change the view of many. Example manga and anime or adult video, they own these fields and became one of the first countries successfully in these fields.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
December 01, 2017, 07:17:12 AM
If my publishing right here increases the need for ETH i then will redouble my efforts.  Thank.  As you can tellby the ETH cost laely I'v been slacking.ts e

Thats what i am wishing for being accepting bitcoin payments in a retailers store. To when it be accept? That would happen soon only in my country because the government are working for digital currency to be a secondary currency to be paid locally and right now we are in a middle of building rules to be applied.

That is great that your country is about to make bitcoin as a secondary currency in your country and if your country is one of the major countries then it will continue to be a huge influence to the other country because it will become a proof that bitcoin can bring a lot of positive things in a country if they will just accept it and make it as an official currency.
This is nothing new for bitcoin not to be recognized in developing or underdeveloped countries. There are countless factors behind this. People are really not that up to date in these countries plus the government are not really in favor of giving people complete freedom over their money.

Bitcoin is the one which is giving people financial freedom and the only hurdle in making bitcoin popular is the illegalization of bitcoin.
November 30, 2017, 02:21:11 PM

I think more retailers will accept bitcoin if its value will be more stabilized. Especially now that the value is deflating every day. So maybe more retailers are still waiting on what will happen after the hard fork. To when it be accept? That would happen soon only in my country because the government are working for digital currency
I would differ from retailer will accept the bitcoin if its value stabilizes. In fact any retailer will be and should be happy to get bitcoin because even if bitcoin price at time of reception goes high and after a day or two slides by 20 percent, that would not cause the damage. Because in matter of week or two bitcoin price will go way above the price at reception. Like if price of bitcoin at time of transaction was 10000 dollars and after two days it slipped to 900 dollars. No worries because in the next week bitcoin is touching the 1100 dollars mark. Thus it is already surpassed the value at the time of purchase.

lordquanta, its a nice idea but you have to remember an owner of a shop is very unlikely to take payment with something that can fluctuate wildly over the short term. They will have to pay suppliers and if the bitcoin price goes down then they are out of pocket.  Now what they could do is keep the profit they make on the transaction as BTC as this will minimise their risk.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
November 30, 2017, 01:59:34 PM
I think soon retailers will accept bitcoin . Just wait that moment Wink
Activity: 770
Merit: 268
November 30, 2017, 01:59:28 PM

I think more retailers will accept bitcoin if its value will be more stabilized. Especially now that the value is deflating every day. So maybe more retailers are still waiting on what will happen after the hard fork. To when it be accept? That would happen soon only in my country because the government are working for digital currency
I would differ from retailer will accept the bitcoin if its value stabilizes. In fact any retailer will be and should be happy to get bitcoin because even if bitcoin price at time of reception goes high and after a day or two slides by 20 percent, that would not cause the damage. Because in matter of week or two bitcoin price will go way above the price at reception. Like if price of bitcoin at time of transaction was 10000 dollars and after two days it slipped to 900 dollars. No worries because in the next week bitcoin is touching the 1100 dollars mark. Thus it is already surpassed the value at the time of purchase.
November 30, 2017, 01:20:46 PM
well technological wise, japan can really adopt to bitcoin they're not just in 1st world country but they're also one of the leading countries in terms of technology, so I'm not really surprised that retailers accepts Bitcoin but i doubt that it will work in countries who are in the 3rd world.

I agree that it might be tricky for retailers to accept Bitcoin in the developing world but it still doesn't stop people getting involved with it. https://news.bitcoin.com/regulation-round-up-kenya-ghana-and-algeria-fudding-and-fighting-bitcoin/
No one will take a risk in there business. Look at the price how it is varying in this condition who will make a dare to adopt this in there business tell me. Suppose if you are in this position i am sure you will also not accept bitcoins. When the price stables then maybe it is possible, but don't know when those days will come.

The first question we asked was how long would we be exposed to holding Bitcoin before we could convert it to fiat (actually the first questions was would anyone buy fine wine for investment with Bitcoin but that got answered almost instantly after posting about the service in various forums Wink

As much as we would like to hold onto BTC we decided to convert it to Fiat as quickly as possible. As soon as we receive BTC (usually within the hour of sending the invoice for the wines) we send it over to an exchange and sell immediately. This means we are exposed to no more than a couple hours of currency fluctuations. We are not in the position to be doing currency speculation and our suppliers don't accept Bitcoin as payment just yet  Tongue 
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
November 30, 2017, 01:07:59 PM
well technological wise, japan can really adopt to bitcoin they're not just in 1st world country but they're also one of the leading countries in terms of technology, so I'm not really surprised that retailers accepts Bitcoin but i doubt that it will work in countries who are in the 3rd world.

I agree that it might be tricky for retailers to accept Bitcoin in the developing world but it still doesn't stop people getting involved with it. https://news.bitcoin.com/regulation-round-up-kenya-ghana-and-algeria-fudding-and-fighting-bitcoin/
No one will take a risk in there business. Look at the price how it is varying in this condition who will make a dare to adopt this in there business tell me. Suppose if you are in this position i am sure you will also not accept bitcoins. When the price stables then maybe it is possible, but don't know when those days will come.
Activity: 36
November 30, 2017, 12:36:43 PM
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
November 30, 2017, 11:56:09 AM
When a country has a wide range of technology, im sure there would be a lot of POS that accepts bitcoin as a medium of exchange. Certainly, as per what you have posted , japan can handle what bitcoin needs to be used as a regular currency on their country.
It is not about the technology, it is about the country that is being open minded for the possible opportunities in the future. Japan is one of the country that did accept bitcoin and that is why i really love Japan because they are one of the most advanced country in the world that keeps on accepting and being open for the possibilities.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
November 30, 2017, 09:15:55 AM
Pages:
Jump to: