Pages:
Author

Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin - page 7. (Read 17206 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10
January 01, 2018, 03:51:20 AM
"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
For Bitcoin to be accepted by retailers I think we should convince them to accept Bitcoin, if there are any similarities then we should convince the government to accept Bitcoin and use it more popularly, Retailers may be afraid that Bitcoin is illegal and not used

It is true that the more people accept Bitcoin many retailers  will accept bitcoin as well , because there will be great demand for it. When many all over the world accept bitcoin, the emergence of retailers will be sporadic and it will even be surprising how it will be, as retailers will be so many because people have come to embrace and accepted bitcoin for many purpose and uses.
Activity: 664
Merit: 100
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA
January 01, 2018, 03:36:45 AM

https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
Do you always think that bitcoin must be accepted as a form of payment in the world like paper money? Do you think if bitcoin is accepted then the cost per transaction can be higher than the amount you pay for the item you buy?
Activity: 1764
Merit: 505
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
January 01, 2018, 03:28:32 AM
I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.

Yes me too. I was dreaming of spending my bitcoins at any store in my country and even used for my transportation ticket or plane ticket to travel around the world.

Well soon if many investors adopting bitcoin and making a bussiness with bitcoin and make bitcoin as the payment it is very easy and fast transaction without any hassle,it is very good to all bitcoiners that we can use bitcoin as a payment in the store or any establesment,because rather than to convert bitcoin into fiat money we can also save the fees to converting it and less hassle.
Activity: 54
January 01, 2018, 03:00:52 AM
Yes, very soon, Bitcoin will start a tough retalers business. In our country, there is a little more beard than the administrative side against Bitcoin because of which everyone is trying to stay a bit safer. Moreover, Bitcoin prices are a little lower. When Bitcoin prices are little the same, retailer business will start buying Bitcoin. They are now afraid that buying Bitcoin again does not hurt. They do not want to take risks.
Activity: 339
Merit: 120
January 01, 2018, 02:07:54 AM
I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.

Yes , me too , but since my vontry is part of the third world country, the exchanging the dollars were a lot bigger in our country, so using Bitcoin for local transaction is kinda loss to me, so I should always conver it to our local money to get a better amount and preserve some of my earnings as well.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
January 01, 2018, 01:36:47 AM

its good news and it will become more superior if pundi X success. they are a project that trying make trasaction with cryptocurrency easier. if retailers and all store using it it would be big hit for bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
January 01, 2018, 01:34:44 AM

Bitcoin need more time to be more popular in the US, my friends and relatives who have leaving in the US for how many years and some are long time working in there are still don't know what is digital currencies is. If the bitcoin will be a 100% known in that country it will be possible that all retailers will start doing business thru bitcoin therefore you should wait, see and keep the faith especially that bitcoin is not illegal in your country.
Activity: 303
Merit: 250
January 01, 2018, 01:19:03 AM
I think when there is clarity + ease of use + everybody else doing it will be when many more retailers will accept bitcoin and other alt currencies as payment. A bit like the internet - nobody and then everybody.
Activity: 294
January 01, 2018, 01:07:49 AM

Yes me too. I was dreaming of spending my bitcoins at any store in my country and even used for my transportation ticket or plane ticket to travel around the world.
Activity: 185
Merit: 3
January 01, 2018, 12:30:04 AM
More and more retailers will allow the buying of their merchandises using Bitcoin when Bitcoin becomes more popular in the internet and in the whole world. It will spread its popularity through company by company. Soon even small businesses will also follow now the use of Bitcoin, however the catch is government might attempt to do something about it like taxes because there certain agencies such as here in the Philippines where BIR keeps track of the income of the companies and puts taxes into it as we all know as "Income Tax".
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
January 01, 2018, 12:24:33 AM

Soon I bet. I have read somewhere in the forum that Amazon is already considering bitcoin as payment for the products and services that they offer. In addition, more and more online shops and payment centers already accept the online payment by convertion from bitcoin. Therefore, it is quite sure that they'll accept it soon.
I've heard this news from a few years ago. that amazon received giftcard payments using bitcoin I do not know this is right or wrong because I myself have never tried it and I rarely use bitcoin to shop. bitcoin deployment is sure. more and more people are familiar with bitcoin and when retailers start hearing bitcoin and seeing enthusiasm of the society will be bitcoin. certainly many retailers will start to adopt and accept bitcoin as payment option. just be patient dude
Activity: 102
December 31, 2017, 11:31:38 PM

Soon I bet. I have read somewhere in the forum that Amazon is already considering bitcoin as payment for the products and services that they offer. In addition, more and more online shops and payment centers already accept the online payment by convertion from bitcoin. Therefore, it is quite sure that they'll accept it soon.
Activity: 504
December 31, 2017, 10:39:22 PM
It's sad to say but the volatility of btc is going to be a major hindrance to be accepted and not just that, the fees will also kill it's consumer. If only some devs fix it right away then what you want can happen right now.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
December 31, 2017, 04:53:38 PM
The key drivers for mass adoption of Bitcoin amongst commercial subjects are two - lower volatility of Bitcoin and friendlier legal and compliance standards. We are still far from such an adoption, I would say that Bitcoin nowadays is rather asset to speculate on than currency to pay with
Those two points are important I'm not going to deny that, but the biggest issue of bitcoin right now are the fees, we cannot use bitcoin as a currency when the fees are so high unless you are transferring a good amount of money the best thing you can do is to reduce your bitcoin transactions to the minimum, or to move your funds to a segwit addresses, when that changes we will see a major adoption of bitcoin by retailers.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 589
December 31, 2017, 12:42:30 PM
I think more retailers will accept bitcoin if its value will be more stabilized. Especially now that the value is deflating every day. So maybe more retailers are still waiting on what will happen after the hard fork. Retailers are businessmen who are not ready to risk when it comes to transacting with bitcoins. They will need more time to be convinced to accept btc. It's good to invest in bitcoin if you are investing for long term but retailers need cash to run their business.
Stabilization of bitcoin price is quite impossible to happen because bitcoin is decentralized and has a volatile price. And in the first place these is some of the characteristic people want in using bitcoin on transactions, investments and in trading. So the main thing we need to do is to continue our support bitcoin for it to experience development and more growth in the future.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
December 31, 2017, 12:24:49 PM

For Bitcoin to be accepted by retailers I think we should convince them to accept Bitcoin, if there are any similarities then we should convince the government to accept Bitcoin and use it more popularly, Retailers may be afraid that Bitcoin is illegal and not used
how to let us awaken the government to accept bitcoin, if I know to make the government aware of the bitcoin is quite difficult. because every government has a different idea with us so it is very difficult.
Activity: 70
December 31, 2017, 12:04:48 PM
retailers can probably adopt btc for some goods, but i cant thing of full scale acceptance by big retailers. with such volatility working capital management will be a disaster i  think
Activity: 95
December 31, 2017, 07:13:23 AM

Activity: 27
December 31, 2017, 06:12:18 AM
In my opinion the main problems are
a) that the fees are very high at the moment. Paying for a coke does not make sense at the moment
b) the volatility of bitcoin. During the course of a day the amount of bitcoin needed for a coke can vary by 30% easily. This make it hard to calculate for sellers.
c) transaction times are quite high
Activity: 196
December 31, 2017, 05:56:23 AM
I don't really see this will happen but if the price of bitcoin will be more stable i can see that  more retailers accept Bitcoin will happen. But as of now, i don't think casual people, whose not techy one , maybe will not consider this as a fancy thing, or maybe if bitcoin will be a trend a mainstream trend, for sure many people will bandwagon/fanatic of bitcoin, in that time i think more retailers will accept bitcoin.

I think, legalization is the main obstacle in way of practicing bitcoins in daily life. Retailers do fear accepting payments because of illegal nature of bitcoins. And bitcoin can serve as a good method of receiving and sending payment from their reciever and sender.
Pages:
Jump to: