Pages:
Author

Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin - page 18. (Read 17161 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 117
October 11, 2017, 06:37:22 PM
Bitcoin price stability is a big factor that affect business owners decision to accept bitcoin as mode of payment. As long as bitcoin is on that trend, only small possibilities that retailers will accept this. Actually they are willing to embraced this kind of technology but they still need time.
Activity: 468
Merit: 100
Experience the Future of DeFi
October 11, 2017, 02:07:44 PM
This is a good news to us. We are hoping for this one to happen in the near future. Looks like the heaven is on us. If most of the government of each countries will try to accept the endless possibility of Bitcoin, I think many retailers even manufacturers would consider accepting Bitcoins as payment.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
October 11, 2017, 01:44:46 PM
When bitcoin can afford a lot of transactions, right now it can't as the confirmation take so long (10-15 minutes). If this problem is solved and bitcoin is regulated at the country where the merchant is located, it won't take long until they will accept bitcoin.
Do you really think that a delay of ten to fifteen minutes is a very big delay,i really do not think so,the only solution we have to find out is the double spend problem and if you could figure that out then you could start accepting bitcoin with zero confirmation . Tongue I waiting for a time when amazon starts accepting bitcoin and if they do it would be great.
Yes, I think it's way too long when you can pay by other electronic means within a few seconds.  And I've seen delays much longer than 10-15 minutes.  A few months ago, I did a bitcoin transfer between my wallet and an exchange.  I paid the recommended fee, which I later confirmed to be reasonable at that time for the transaction size.  It took more than 24 hours to get a single confirmation!  That is completely unacceptable.
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.
October 10, 2017, 07:06:58 PM
Many places will accept bitcoin and many places do want to accept bitcoin and with it all the other cryptocurrencies, the only thing is it has not gone mainstream and it is too volatile in order to have a steady value, once bitcoin will reach its steady price many retailers and store will accept bitcoin as a payment, if it is not bitcoin it will be some of the altcoins, think about PAY,OMG and a few others.
Activity: 352
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
October 10, 2017, 06:53:02 PM
In the near future? Let's just say within 2-3 years. I think more and more establishments will see the need for them to accept Bitcoin and also other cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, LiteCoin, Zcash and others. Japan is really pushing it while other countries are having doubts. It may or may not boost their economy by who knows how much percent and to what extent it might actually bring it. So far, most establishment are seeing the need to transition to digital currency and I think it is a good sign.
Activity: 770
Merit: 268
October 10, 2017, 02:02:18 PM
Depending on their state regulations, retailers have the potential to help the state from the tax sector if using bitcoin, but most are constrained by rules that only allow e-money (fiat) as a means of payment; There should be a trigger from some developers to provide btc-fiat conversion services to be a middle ground between consumers and retail businesses.

Yes this may be great solution for all of the problem that might come with this. Think that most dont want to use bitcoin cuz of this, they will need account on exchange convert transfer to many operations for one payment. Maybe it will be that some major ones use this conversion in real time at least as a test to see how might turn out to be.

If Japan is doing it successfully so far then there must be a way to replicate the same in other countries as well. As far as adoption is concerned if buyers are interested then sellers will also try their hand on bitcoin payment. I mean What is one of biggest hurdle with bitcoin -> is it time to confirm the transaction or is it security about getting money back like we get with credit card or debit card purchase. As things are working in Japan then these fellas must have thought about above issues. There must be a work around for security on money back as well.
Major part in these kind of situation is from the govt. Because it is the govt which will legalize the use of certain payment system. If govt allows the vendors, sellers to use the bitcoin then you would increase in bitcoin adoption for actual purchase of goods and services.
Activity: 798
October 10, 2017, 11:06:15 AM
Depending on their state regulations, retailers have the potential to help the state from the tax sector if using bitcoin, but most are constrained by rules that only allow e-money (fiat) as a means of payment; There should be a trigger from some developers to provide btc-fiat conversion services to be a middle ground between consumers and retail businesses.

I think that will take too long to implement that kind of btc-fiat conversion services to be able to patronized for those consumers and retail businesses, because bitcoin wasn't yet educating people in the local communities. Government is the main frontline for this development and in order to make this as reality to all this must be teach to all people around the world so that bitcoin and fiat currency will be more compatible of exchanges, with regards to spending.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
October 10, 2017, 10:50:29 AM

Yes this may be great solution for all of the problem that might come with this. Think that most dont want to use bitcoin cuz of this, they will need account on exchange convert transfer to many operations for one payment. Maybe it will be that some major ones use this conversion in real time at least as a test to see how might turn out to be.
Activity: 518
Merit: 258
October 10, 2017, 09:51:29 AM
In my country (Philippines), knowing that we are a third world country, I don't think retailers will fully accept bitcoin in the mainstream market. Tho some small online business here are open in accepting bitcoin but they are soooo few. In general, it will all depend on what country will bitcoin be accepted by retailers.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
October 10, 2017, 09:36:03 AM
When bitcoin can afford a lot of transactions, right now it can't as the confirmation take so long (10-15 minutes). If this problem is solved and bitcoin is regulated at the country where the merchant is located, it won't take long until they will accept bitcoin.
Do you really think that a delay of ten to fifteen minutes is a very big delay,i really do not think so,the only solution we have to find out is the double spend problem and if you could figure that out then you could start accepting bitcoin with zero confirmation . Tongue I waiting for a time when amazon starts accepting bitcoin and if they do it would be great.
The confirmation time in bitcoin is very normal and we should understand that bitcoin needs confirmation in order to maintain the good things in bitcoin and continue to make the network secured and healthy. If there will be no confirmation then the network of bitcoin will get spam and it will lead for having lag issues in the network and that will make the image of bitcoin bad.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 253
October 10, 2017, 09:16:26 AM
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 10, 2017, 09:14:31 AM
Activity: 737
October 10, 2017, 08:22:09 AM
Retailers will start accepting bitcoins once it is famous enough and when majority of the mass starts using bitcoins in their daily life.The second reason being that Bitcoin is not stable enough for using it as currency.Bitcoin has been legalised only in a handful of countries so there is still a long way for the bitcoins to become a part of our daily life.
This will happen in near future because a lot of store are taking bitcoin as payment and as they will become successful the things will automatically come down to the low level retailers and this thing will be more fascinating and I believe upcoming era will totally depend on the bitcoin and all things revolves around the popularity.

At least in a century, Bitcoin can not become famous, this is my prediction for Bitcoin in future.
You must to know that most of the Bitcoin users are people under 65 years of age.
That is the reason I do not think Bitcoin will be important in our life soon.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
October 10, 2017, 07:59:20 AM
Retailers will start accepting bitcoins once it is famous enough and when majority of the mass starts using bitcoins in their daily life.The second reason being that Bitcoin is not stable enough for using it as currency.Bitcoin has been legalised only in a handful of countries so there is still a long way for the bitcoins to become a part of our daily life.
This will happen in near future because a lot of store are taking bitcoin as payment and as they will become successful the things will automatically come down to the low level retailers and this thing will be more fascinating and I believe upcoming era will totally depend on the bitcoin and all things revolves around the popularity.

will be many stores and retailers in different countries of the world who will begin to adopt the bitcoin system for their payments, look now bitcoin gradually becoming known in the community and will be more famous because bitcoin continues to spread every day, it may take a long time because the development of a technology will take time, but you dont need to hesitate. with that gradually many people will get used to using bitcoin as well as retailers, actually what I fear is a high fee that decreases the interest of users to use bitcoin as currency,,
Activity: 952
October 10, 2017, 07:43:44 AM
Retailers face two big issues in accepting bitcoin as payment.

1.Bitcoin not legalized.
2.Its high volatile nature.

Volatility is the biggest problem which retailers face.They may face a loss if bitcoin price falls immediately after they accept it as payment.

Retailers also fear that if bitcoin suddenly gets declared as illegal by the government,then they would have to face serious problems.But if bitcoin gets legalized,then retailers are ready to accept bitcoins even without much bothering about its volatilty.This is what we witnessed in japan where thousands of retailers started accepting bitcoins after its legalization.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
https://saturn.black
October 10, 2017, 07:27:07 AM
Sellers are afraid to take bitcoin because of its unstable price, they are afraid to sell the product for too low a price when it falls sharply. I think only those who like risk will agree to this.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 10, 2017, 07:17:12 AM
Merchants will only start accepting it as a indicates of payment once authorities institutions commence making it possible for it to be a medium of trade. When a place notifies its citizens and tells them that they can now buy, offer, get income in bitcoin then it would be acknowledged by others.
Activity: 182
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 10, 2017, 05:32:12 AM
If we want more retailers to be accepting bitcoins or have bitcoin as another form in bitcoin we're gonna be needing to have the government make that happen. It's only simple, the government will be needing to legalize bitcoin and that will be only when other markets will accept bitcoin.
Activity: 532
October 10, 2017, 03:39:30 AM
to make bitcoin adoption accelerated i think government role are the key.

nowadays general public need government action to recognize bitcoin and put some rule on it to make people feel secure. that is the main problem i think , government mostly won't adopt bitcoin for now and even tend to don't care about it. waiting the adoption spread widely without government move will take long time.
Yep, I think you're right about the importance of governments here.  Ironic, isn't it, considering that cryptos try to stay as far away from government intervention as possible?  But I think you're right that some sensible regulation is needed.  There are way too many scams out there.  Cryptocurrency users and investors need some protections so they can trust that their money isn't going to be stolen.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
October 10, 2017, 01:15:19 AM
to make bitcoin adoption accelerated i think government role are the key.

nowadays general public need government action to recognize bitcoin and put some rule on it to make people feel secure. that is the main problem i think , government mostly won't adopt bitcoin for now and even tend to don't care about it. waiting the adoption spread widely without government move will take long time.
Pages:
Jump to: