Pages:
Author

Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin - page 19. (Read 17162 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 265
October 10, 2017, 01:02:55 AM
We never know when will that time more retailers accept Bitcoins but for the time being that bitcoin has no fixed value I think it would be hard as a retailer to accept that. Volatility of bitcoin is the thing that push not just retailers but also big investors not to accept bitcoin this days because they might risks only what they invest or gain from consumers because it might be decreased in value and that retailers may find they will not profit because of that. But for sure if the bitcoin value is fixed and being stabilized I can see or predict they're might much retailers accepting bitcoin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
October 10, 2017, 12:40:03 AM
Retailers will start accepting bitcoins once it is famous enough and when majority of the mass starts using bitcoins in their daily life.The second reason being that Bitcoin is not stable enough for using it as currency.Bitcoin has been legalised only in a handful of countries so there is still a long way for the bitcoins to become a part of our daily life.
This will happen in near future because a lot of store are taking bitcoin as payment and as they will become successful the things will automatically come down to the low level retailers and this thing will be more fascinating and I believe upcoming era will totally depend on the bitcoin and all things revolves around the popularity.

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
October 10, 2017, 12:20:25 AM
It is happening.  EVeryday a number of merchants are accepting Bitcoin.  The current news about amazon accepting Bitcoin and google using Bitcoin API to recieve payment is great.  This means thousand of retailers will accept Bitcoin upon implementation.  Just  a bit more time and we will see Bitcoin going mainstream in terms of merchant acceptance.
Activity: 420
Merit: 256
اللعنة
October 09, 2017, 11:31:21 PM
"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
Well, there is already an increasing number of businesses and establishments that accept bitcoin as payment. But I don't think, tax-less bitcoin will be something beneficial at all for these businesses. It's not actually the bitcoin as payment which is being imposed with tax, but the products and the business itself. No matter how these businesses manage the payment for their products and services with bitcoins, they will still pay tax for their products and services, and other miscellaneous fess (e.g. business permit, building/house permit, etc). The positive side of using bitcoin is the faster and easier transaction between the business owners and their consumers.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Bitcoin: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu
October 09, 2017, 11:06:24 PM
It will be accepted once bitcoin represents a high percentage of payment preference, once merchants realize that by accepting bitcoin  customers will increase by 20% or 30% .. they will accept bitcoin and convert it to fiat once received  .. once bitcoin represents 50%+ of sales, they will do the opposite and convert fiat to bitcoin  Grin .

Retailers will accept bitcoin either because they believe in it or their customers demand it.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
October 09, 2017, 09:55:30 PM

https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.

It is growing by the day. Stores around the world that accept bitcoin as payment are becoming big in numbers. I know others have already considered the same step. It is just depending on how bitcoin is widely accepted by its customers. Once bitcoin will become more and more utilized by the people, more and more stores and establishments will also be accepting bitcoin.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
October 09, 2017, 09:49:39 PM
maybe 2 to 3 years we can clearly see a lot of retailers to accept bitcoin, right now the market for cryptocurrencies are booming so it is safe to assume that it is getting a lot of attention and being trusted by other industries.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
October 09, 2017, 09:43:46 PM
I will not truly see this will take place but if the value of bitcoin will be a lot more steady i can see that  a lot more stores acknowledge Bitcoin will come about. But as of now, i do not feel relaxed folks, whose not techy one , possibly will not take into account this as a fancy thing, or perhaps if bitcoin will be a development a mainstream pattern, for sure numerous people will bandwagon/fanatic of bitcoin, in that time i believe more merchants will accept bitcoin.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
October 09, 2017, 04:52:04 PM
I think retailers will be convinced to accept bitcoin as payment if its value become stable. Because if bitcoin value is not stable then it will be big risk to them to take it as payment, for there is a big chance to incur losses than gain. If you are the retailer and you knew that the currency they will use to pay you has an unstable value, will you accept that currency? Of course not. Although it has a good part, which is its efficiency in making transactions. Maybe sooner or later, if bitcoin gets its stable value, most of retailers will gladly accept it as payment, but for now, it wouldn't be a good thing on their part.
I see this as more of a problem for customers than the retailers.  There are already services out there that a retailer can partner with to have bitcoin transactions instantly converted to fiat.  That pretty much eliminates potential losses for the retailer.  Customers, however, have to worry about the wild price swings.  It's a big problem when the price you saw for a product an hour ago is now 2% more because the bitcoin price dropped $100 since then.
The problem here is even if they accept Bitcoin who would be the takers of that mode of payment? Because like what you said Bitcoin is volatile and by using it as a mode of payment they are taking the risk of spending more Bitcoin when the value is down. And yes there are Bitcoin Wallets that offer these kinds of payment system where the company doesn't directly receive Bitcoin but what they do is the Bitcoin wallet gives them Fiat Currency as payment for their service or product but mostly this involve online payments and I don't see how it will work when you are in a physical store.
I think the takers are "the market."  Meaning, when bitcoin is paid to one of these services, that bitcoin is immediately sold on an exchange for fiat, and then that fiat is paid to the receiver (retailer).

As for the online part, you need an app for that.  You can already use a smartphone to make online payments in physical stores.  See Apple Pay and other such apps.  I also just noticed that Bitpay now offers some kind of bitcoin "credit card" (maybe more like a debit card), although I'm not sure how it works.
Activity: 812
Merit: 108
October 09, 2017, 01:05:31 PM
i think if big brand like amazon or ebay will take initiative to accept bitcoin as a payment than revolution will come in retail market. many of retail store will come in and start accept bitcoin as a payment.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
October 09, 2017, 11:34:03 AM
When bitcoin can afford a lot of transactions, right now it can't as the confirmation take so long (10-15 minutes). If this problem is solved and bitcoin is regulated at the country where the merchant is located, it won't take long until they will accept bitcoin.
Activity: 966
October 09, 2017, 11:25:59 AM
it seems it depends on the government again. japan can do such a thing because their government also supports it.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
October 09, 2017, 11:24:37 AM

Yaaa... Smiley
Thats right..even I have heard about this news.
Japan is technically more advanced ..and.. also they are quite... Flexible... Regarding accepting any new innovation for commercial use...
Also...!
The founder of bitcoins was from Japan too Smiley thus maybe they are willing to establish it..as any normal currency..

Anyways... Onto the question... More countries will start accepting bitcoins only when the government approves their usage and legalize it...then again they will need the help of technical staff and... Supporters and..a good amount of crowd...and obviously good deals initially to attract crowd.

Its not easy... But... Many countries are taking this step.. Wink
The deam of bitcoins as a global currency is not far away Cheesy
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
October 09, 2017, 11:04:23 AM
Much more BTC sites are popping up each day.  It won't be lengthy now till it turn into a universal norm.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
October 09, 2017, 10:44:54 AM
I think retailers will be convinced to accept bitcoin as payment if its value become stable. Because if bitcoin value is not stable then it will be big risk to them to take it as payment, for there is a big chance to incur losses than gain. If you are the retailer and you knew that the currency they will use to pay you has an unstable value, will you accept that currency? Of course not. Although it has a good part, which is its efficiency in making transactions. Maybe sooner or later, if bitcoin gets its stable value, most of retailers will gladly accept it as payment, but for now, it wouldn't be a good thing on their part.
I see this as more of a problem for customers than the retailers.  There are already services out there that a retailer can partner with to have bitcoin transactions instantly converted to fiat.  That pretty much eliminates potential losses for the retailer.  Customers, however, have to worry about the wild price swings.  It's a big problem when the price you saw for a product an hour ago is now 2% more because the bitcoin price dropped $100 since then.
The problem here is even if they accept Bitcoin who would be the takers of that mode of payment? Because like what you said Bitcoin is volatile and by using it as a mode of payment they are taking the risk of spending more Bitcoin when the value is down. And yes there are Bitcoin Wallets that offer these kinds of payment system where the company doesn't directly receive Bitcoin but what they do is the Bitcoin wallet gives them Fiat Currency as payment for their service or product but mostly this involve online payments and I don't see how it will work when you are in a physical store.
Activity: 532
October 09, 2017, 10:37:42 AM
Activity: 250
Merit: 105
October 09, 2017, 12:46:18 AM
Activity: 588
Merit: 253
October 08, 2017, 11:34:08 PM
Retailers will not accept bitcoin payment, because BTC confirmation time is too slow - up to one hour or so. Retailers need very fast confirmation time - up to 15 - 20 seconds. Shop cashier will not wait long time for one customer, especially if there are many customers in the queue behind.

Yes true, bitcoin confirmation is too long so it can make a queue until the whole day, if you want fast of course high cost, it certainly takes careful preparation from the developer to be able to solve the problem of the old confirmation if using regular cost.
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
October 08, 2017, 07:50:38 PM
I really hope many retailers will accept Bitcoin soon. For sure Japan would be one of the first country that would accept Bitcoin so most likely this country will soon have retailers throughout the country accepting Bitcoin and hopefully altcoins too in the near future.
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
October 08, 2017, 07:32:57 PM
Janpan is open country for cryptocurrencies because they are in a highly technology country and most of their transaction is in virtual or digital. The good in japan there using the easiest way of payment with less tax using crypto than they use credit card with high tax and interest. Hoping other country do what japan did in accepting bitcoin in retailer and merchant.
Pages:
Jump to: