Pages:
Author

Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin - page 23. (Read 17206 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 10
October 05, 2017, 10:22:00 PM
Bitcoin will be accepted worldwide by max retail merchant in next few years. It is required one because of the advantage of Bitcoin.
Activity: 106
Merit: 100
October 05, 2017, 04:23:25 PM
I think it will evolve exponentially. When a few big players start accepting it it will cause a flow of other retailers to accept it as a payment. There is also the issue of legislation, tho. Governments might want to restrict it until they fully understand it.
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
October 05, 2017, 03:09:52 PM
I feel for that subject matter was it take so might a long time to accept bitcoin.Very first it was not however recognized in some nations around the world.2nd was the charge cost when sending bitcoin.And lastly it will take time to confirm transaction.But it was just i believe/recommendation.
As more retailers are knowing about the benefits of bitcoins so now a days more and more retailers are changing their policies just for earning bitcoins because they are now aware of the increasing prices of bitcoins.
Activity: 438
Merit: 104
October 05, 2017, 07:31:30 AM
maybe next year or in 2019-2020 we will have a lot of sellers who accept payment by bitcoin, bitcoin is in the stage of slowly being famous around the world, lets just wait and everyone will notice it since the prediction next year with its value might rose up to 10k$ or even more.

I hope so. That is one og the major problem of bitcoin.
Lacking in merchants and also those shops that accepts bitcoin as a currency.
This should be changed fast. There have been many coins that are being created and they might see it as a better one in terms of payment rather than bitcoin.
It could be popular but after that users could be directed to another crypto like ETH, and LTC.
The more retailers will have bitcoins only when it will become a global currency. The value of bitcoins needs to improve soon and this will make it highly accepted in the global market. Also it wills some high standards of trading and eventually more and more retailers will start thinking about it and will start accepting.
Of course, the popularity of Bitcoin is the requirement if you want to have more retailers accept Bitcoin as a payment method. However, you do not need to worry much about that, Amazon has confirmed they will apply Bitcoin to their payment system in next month. I believe this event can helps others change opinion.

Hopefully its true this time because we've heard it multiple times about big companies supporting but not implementing.
As now everyone is joining bitcoin community and this will help in the future and the companies who are talking to join will join soon Upcoming era is the era of bitcoin so believe in it and as new countries are joining community so maybe if it will be declared as global currency then it price may beyond the limits, that time will be the golden time I wish I must be alive at that time.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
October 04, 2017, 05:25:11 PM
I think that it would take time or years before retailers would accept bitcoin the reason why is because not everyone knows about the existence of bitcoin and some are still afraid to use or invest on bitcoin. But for me it is good to use in purchasing on the retailers for a hassle free transaction.
There is hardly any reason to deny this fact that Bitcoin is for sure a great revolution for all of us in so many ways. It will take little for all us to understand the importance and value of Bitcoin. As far as I think, the retailers will be happily accepting the Bitcoins in the near future. They only want to have confidence on Bitcoin and that’s why they are hesitating yet.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 04, 2017, 09:31:01 AM
I feel for that subject matter was it take so might a long time to accept bitcoin.Very first it was not however recognized in some nations around the world.2nd was the charge cost when sending bitcoin.And lastly it will take time to confirm transaction.But it was just i believe/recommendation.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
October 04, 2017, 08:34:44 AM
I can see that there are only a handful of bitcoins investors in our country yet.  So the chances of being used as payments in a retail store would be much longer than expected.  Besides, there will still be equipment to be installed before being accepted in the stores... So, I guess, it would take time....
You are very much right. I think there is hardly any reason to deny this fact that this is a time taking process and it will certainly take a lot of time.

I think the international market will be playing a vital role in this aspect. The moment international traders will start trading in Bitcoins, things will be very much different then.

Think this is perfect time and opportunity for many countries to consider this fact accepting bitcoin in everyday trade.
They will for sure follow how thing are progress in Japan cuz they first do this, and wll follow how thing will progress with possibility of detecting any flaws.

Think this is now just mater of time more then how many will be included. Think that this will be boomer with many joining at once.
Activity: 339
Merit: 102
October 04, 2017, 06:23:09 AM
when bitcoin gets more popular and more and more people are using it then I think retailers will accept bitcoin as a means of payment transactions.
Yes you are right,  when bitcoin gets more popular, the more people will using bitcoin then it will make the price more stable than now, because bitcoin is spread evenly. except if all of the new people are trader. Retailers are getting problem with the price of bitcoin that move so wild.  So if the price of bitcoin is stable I am sure a lot of retailer will adopt it as payment methode.
All this depends upon the popularity and this will be done if the proper advertisement will be given to bitcoin through every proper channel and people knows each and every thing about it, just imagine how peaceful world will be if everything is converted into the bitcoin. And in coming future bitcoin will be accepted everywhere in hotels malls and everyplace.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
October 04, 2017, 06:02:23 AM
I can see that there are only a handful of bitcoins investors in our country yet.  So the chances of being used as payments in a retail store would be much longer than expected.  Besides, there will still be equipment to be installed before being accepted in the stores... So, I guess, it would take time....
You are very much right. I think there is hardly any reason to deny this fact that this is a time taking process and it will certainly take a lot of time.

I think the international market will be playing a vital role in this aspect. The moment international traders will start trading in Bitcoins, things will be very much different then.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
October 04, 2017, 04:28:04 AM
I am convinced that bitcoin in 2018 will grow drastically as many countries begin to recognize it. people will automatically start participating rapidly in running a project that provides a very large allocation fund.

I agree with you on that Bitcoin will grow in the future, but probably not so fast. As we can see the process of Bitcoin's adoption goes slowly, but, thanks goodness, steadily. No doubt that retailers will start accepting BTC more and more in the future, but for now most of them are reluctant to do it.
That is for sure, retailers will accept bitcoin because they are now seeing that the people in some developing countries are getting into bitcoin and if they will not go with the flow of the accepted currencies then it is a loss for them since they will not attract new customers so as soon as possible they are slowly changing their concept to adopt the new technologies.
More retailers will accept bitcoin when its price will eventually settle down. Moreover, Bitcoin is a limited amount of coins and the demand for them increases by each passing day. It's more popular in the future and all will select it as payment.
Before we can start experiencing any serious settling in price now will still take a while. There will be a whole lot of development over the years most definitely but will definitely not come with its own challenges which I believe we will always overcome like we have always been in the past. The demand like you said will increase hugely in the next few years and there will be much more acceptance globally.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
October 03, 2017, 01:53:05 PM
in my opinion there are a couple of things that are preventing retailers from accepting bitcoin:
1. people who own bitcoin are a lot but people who are willing to spend bitcoin are very little. this means the possibility of little to no customers.
2. price is volatile still. it has been becoming less volatile but we can see drama like blocks and split can cause bigger volatility again!
3. fees. although they have come down ever since spam attack stopped but if they go up again and remain high people will be even less willing in spending their coins.
4. things such as chain split. which are scary and nobody wants a scary currency when there is fiat.

when these change, more retailers will accept bitcoin.

You said it well. In Japan, there are now many merchants who are all ready to accept Bitcoin but sales are not yet burgeoning as expected because we all know that Bitcoin has become a speculative tool. I am sure that there would come a time when this can be reversed...we just have to wait since Bitcoin is right now still evolving.

Yes, in time bitcoin will be accepted by retailers all over the globe just like how they normally accept fiat currency right now.
This can happen in may be 10 years or 20 years only time can determine this because people have to adapt bitcoin, how to use it and more.
Reaching the point where using bitcoin becomes as common as using fiat is going to take a lot of time I think it is going to happen and I agree with your prediction but there are many unknown factors that could slow adoption, if governments of the world realize that people are using bitcoin to avoid paying their taxes or something similar I will not be surprised if bitcoin was eventually banned in many countries.
don't expect bitcoin usage will be as common as fiats if many people still using internet for only instagram and don't know shit about other thing like cryptocurrency.
I could say that majority of internet user only use their internet for stupid things, not trying to be edgy but that's true.
I always see such social media website is few times more popular than educational site, no wonder.
I know you are right many people do not use the internet for anything constructive, however once bitcoin improves and people begin to notice it I think bitcoin popularity is going to increase especially if the governments of the world begin to show signs of weakening and begin to become more draconian in their laws and regulations especially those that have to do with taxes.
Activity: 280
Merit: 111
October 03, 2017, 01:30:40 PM
When would retailers accept bitcoin?.. First when a large number of people start using Bitcoin in their day to day life. Second-when you pay someone with bitcoins you give a certain amount of dollars as payment fee or which is also called as miner fee. Retailers would start accepting Bitcoin when there would be no miner fees I guess because you are actually paying a bit more than the actual price.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
October 03, 2017, 01:27:49 PM
If we compare the knowledge of bitcoin last 4 years when I don't know what it is to late last year, we would see that there have been progress on the awareness of bitcoin. So, the usage and acceptance of bitcoin stems from the its awareness and I see that most people are getting to know about it. Soon the awareness will increase more and it will have a positive effect on the acceptance.
Yes it depends upon the need and use of bitcoin all over the world. As you mentioned here that as many people involves in this sector the acceptance and importance will take place in ordinary and local small markets. But for this we all will have to do some efforts for the awareness of bitcoin in our societies and countries as well. Besides the retailers will take a long time to deal in bitcoin.
To tell you the truth even though Bitcoin is the most successful cryptocurrency in terms of price and global awareness its effect is still yet to be seen by the common people. Look at countries where credit cards are prominent they are still in the stage where they will yet to accept Bitcoin as a mode of payment . I guess that they have not yet seen the need to add another mode of payment as what they have now are still working for them. Or the other members might be right that majority of the businesses are afraid to accept the volatile nature of Bitcoin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 108
October 03, 2017, 12:44:19 PM
Retailers will start accepting bitcoins once it is famous enough and when majority of the mass starts using bitcoins in their daily life.The second reason being that Bitcoin is not stable enough for using it as currency.Bitcoin has been legalised only in a handful of countries so there is still a long way for the bitcoins to become a part of our daily life.
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
October 03, 2017, 10:16:40 AM
maybe next year or in 2019-2020 we will have a lot of sellers who accept payment by bitcoin, bitcoin is in the stage of slowly being famous around the world, lets just wait and everyone will notice it since the prediction next year with its value might rose up to 10k$ or even more.
That's what I've been thinking about too were next year there will be more merchants will accept bitcoin as mode of payment to their business. Right now here in my country there are few businesses only that are bitcoin accepted.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
“OPEN GAMING PLATFORM ”
October 03, 2017, 09:20:25 AM
"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
It is good that some stores or retailers in some countries accept bitcoin as a way of payment in any transactions. Bitcoin has easier transaction and highly secured. You can expect that the money that you will receive or send will be given to you safe and fast as well.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
October 03, 2017, 09:17:30 AM
If we compare the knowledge of bitcoin last 4 years when I don't know what it is to late last year, we would see that there have been progress on the awareness of bitcoin. So, the usage and acceptance of bitcoin stems from the its awareness and I see that most people are getting to know about it. Soon the awareness will increase more and it will have a positive effect on the acceptance.
Yes it depends upon the need and use of bitcoin all over the world. As you mentioned here that as many people involves in this sector the acceptance and importance will take place in ordinary and local small markets. But for this we all will have to do some efforts for the awareness of bitcoin in our societies and countries as well. Besides the retailers will take a long time to deal in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
October 03, 2017, 04:54:47 AM
I am convinced that bitcoin in 2018 will grow drastically as many countries begin to recognize it. people will automatically start participating rapidly in running a project that provides a very large allocation fund.

I agree with you on that Bitcoin will grow in the future, but probably not so fast. As we can see the process of Bitcoin's adoption goes slowly, but, thanks goodness, steadily. No doubt that retailers will start accepting BTC more and more in the future, but for now most of them are reluctant to do it.
That is for sure, retailers will accept bitcoin because they are now seeing that the people in some developing countries are getting into bitcoin and if they will not go with the flow of the accepted currencies then it is a loss for them since they will not attract new customers so as soon as possible they are slowly changing their concept to adopt the new technologies.
More retailers will accept bitcoin when its price will eventually settle down. Moreover, Bitcoin is a limited amount of coins and the demand for them increases by each passing day. It's more popular in the future and all will select it as payment.

I don't think the price of Bitcoin will settle down in the foreseeable future. It looks like the daily fluctuations in the range of 2% to 10% is what we have to deal with. Nevertheless, retailers who will agree to accept Bitcoin, although it is not convenient to do so, will be in profit in the future, compared to those who don't accept BTC.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
October 02, 2017, 11:47:26 PM
Well, we have to thank Japan for really leading the way for the burgeoning adoption of Bitcoin down to many merchants or retailers. I am sure this can somehow make Bitcoin more popular as it can now be used to buy real-world products whether online or offline. It is now very convenient to pay Bitcoin because of the provided infrastructure.

As with the great USA, there seems to be a slower adoption of Bitcoin from merchants big and small. It can because of the still-lacking tax and legal framework to work with. We are having a wait and see attitude so far. Hopefully, in the coming months and years there would be an uptick in the merchants' attitude towards Bitcoin. Well, we are all hoping that soon Amazon and other big online retailers can facilitation the acceptance of Bitcoin.

There is no questions there are still many issues that e-commerce has to contend with in relation to Bitcoin. Many are showing apprehension with the currency's volatility which can definitely affect potential profits. Not to mention the reluctance of the government to fully recognize Bitcoin.

Probably in some developed countries legal bitcoin of course already available some services both store and other facilities that provide transactions both online and offline using bitcoin facilities, and maybe only time factor bitcoin will be a digital currency that can be used in various countries with various transaction services
That is true, if all countries will adapt the system or bitcoin I'm terms of transaction, investment or trading it could be the number one key for Bitcoin to be a accepted currency for all types of transactions, investments or even trading. And developing countries has the higher probability to achieve development and growth that is suitable for good transactions  in business becasue the price and the value of Bitcoin is volatile in the sense that it can achive growth and development with the help of the support of the power through it.
Activity: 952
Merit: 274
October 02, 2017, 11:11:18 PM
"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
Next ten years I think. There are now many stores that are accepting bitcoin as a daily payment. Like in Japan. The Japan nowadays are using bitcoins as their daily payment and it seems that some businesses there are going to use bitcoins also.
Pages:
Jump to: