Pages:
Author

Topic: When will Religions die? - page 11. (Read 20280 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 282
August 11, 2017, 11:05:42 AM
Human mind always believed that there is a power greater than it and it seck to worship that and that is whys the wisest man that ever lived said “God has created eternity in man heart” religion will never disappear from humanity because of this desired. Though it has done more harm than good.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
August 11, 2017, 10:01:35 AM
tl;dr - Atheism is a cult, blah blah blah

It's ironic how christians call everyone a cult except themselves...

As Jesus said, "First remove the log from your own eye, before trying to remove the splinter from the atheist's eye"
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
August 11, 2017, 09:39:40 AM

First you have to stop listening to BADlogic and his propaganda squad...

There is no "cult of atheism"

Atheism is not a religion, it is a lack of religion... it is a non-belief... there is no holy text, no gods, no dogma, no anything

There is almost zero organization to atheism... and that is only to battle religious crap like putting up 10-commandment statues and teaching religion in school, etc

It's like saying that people who don't believe in Santa Claus are in a cult and trying to ruin the world for everyone who does believe in Santa... it's just silly and stupid...

Where do people come up with this shit?

Is it simply projecting?  Because they are in a cult, they assume everyone is in a cult?

Well you know the old saying if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Atheist cults
http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheist_cults
There are and have been a number of atheist cults and atheist groups which have had a cultish following. Some of these cults/groups still exist today. In 2015, FtBCon which is an online conference organized by the Freethought Blogs network, recognized that nonreligious/secular cults exist (for example, the atheist cult of objectivism).[1][2]

The atheist cults or atheist groups which have had a cultish following which have formed in history or exist today are often a result of factors such as: utopian thinking, fanatical devolution to various atheistic ideologies, a poor understanding of science/technology (or a penchant for materialist pseudoscientific thinking) and wishful thinking.

Also, although some of the groups listed below, which were founded by atheists/non-religious individuals are not entirely made up of atheists, they do have sizable atheist populations within them.

Contents  
1 Cult of Reason
2 Creativity Movement
3 Jim Jones
4 Raelism
5 Cults of personality following atheistic communist leaders
6 Objectivism has a cult like following
7 Fervent, atheist evolutionists
8 Cultish following of Richard Dawkins
9 Scientology
10 Scientism and origins of secular humanism
11 Nihilism
12 Freudian psychoanalysis devotees
13 LaVeyan Satanism
14 Atheists and the cryonics movement
15 Tranhumanism movement which seeks posthumanism and immortality through technology
16 Cults, social outcasts and atheism
17 Atheism and state indoctrination
18 Atheist cults and atheist denialism
19 See also
20 External links
21 References

“When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing, they then become capable of believing in anything.”
― G.K. Chesterton
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
August 11, 2017, 09:17:30 AM
Religions are already slowly dying. In the modern world, science explains most things and modern people no longer need religion to orient themselves as it is right to live.
August 10, 2017, 10:47:40 PM
But it's the religious mindset that makes people ignorant lazy and stupid.

Almost every religious person I know is fat, ignorant and stupid. So there goes your stupid beliefs.

I'd say let the religions die, they are a horrible thing. I have stopped believing in the bullshit when I was a kid, I guess I was too smart that I figured out it's all nonsense.
Your words have a huge share of truth, but if you look at the fact that the cult of atheism is beginning to develop very much, all these predictions in the future can really come true. Already today, all believers feel some negative consequences of all this.

First you have to stop listening to BADlogic and his propaganda squad...

There is no "cult of atheism"

Atheism is not a religion, it is a lack of religion... it is a non-belief... there is no holy text, no gods, no dogma, no anything

There is almost zero organization to atheism... and that is only to battle religious crap like putting up 10-commandment statues and teaching religion in school, etc

It's like saying that people who don't believe in Santa Claus are in a cult and trying to ruin the world for everyone who does believe in Santa... it's just silly and stupid...

Where do people come up with this shit?

Is it simply projecting?  Because they are in a cult, they assume everyone is in a cult?
Activity: 756
August 10, 2017, 03:40:45 PM
Humans are the ones doing the damage, not religion. Some people uses religion as an excuse in the negative things that they do and some tend to misinterpret the meaning of what they are reading and what their religion stands for. This is due to the fact that no matter how faithful and religious we are, sometimes, the people that leads the church and even ourselves are tainted with our being human and worldly thoughts. Moving on, religion won't die so long as there are people who continues to practice and allow to be guided by religion.

Almost every religious person I know is fat, ignorant and stupid. So there goes your stupid beliefs.

I'd say let the religions die, they are a horrible thing. I have stopped believing in the bullshit when I was a kid, I guess I was too smart that I figured out it's all nonsense.
Your words have a huge share of truth, but if you look at the fact that the cult of atheism is beginning to develop very much, all these predictions in the future can really come true. Already today, all believers feel some negative consequences of all this.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
August 10, 2017, 03:37:04 PM
They are hard to end.
Activity: 562
Merit: 500
August 10, 2017, 01:26:49 PM
There will allways be religion, because people will always be afraid of what we dont know, and there will always be things that we dont know.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
August 10, 2017, 12:40:28 PM
Humans are the ones doing the damage, not religion. Some people uses religion as an excuse in the negative things that they do and some tend to misinterpret the meaning of what they are reading and what their religion stands for. This is due to the fact that no matter how faithful and religious we are, sometimes, the people that leads the church and even ourselves are tainted with our being human and worldly thoughts. Moving on, religion won't die so long as there are people who continues to practice and allow to be guided by religion.

Activity: 659
August 10, 2017, 10:11:46 AM
I believe that religions are almost dead. Only a few still try to control others with the help of religions, but modern society no longer lends itself to their influence and is guided only by science.
No there are much more religion believers than their own .Science is blinding us especially the children in school.
Religion will not going to die it is transferred in every family's form of disciplinizing their childrens.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
August 10, 2017, 08:56:27 AM
Porbably never.

I believe that religions are almost dead. Only a few still try to control others with the help of religions, but modern society no longer lends itself to their influence and is guided only by science.

almost dead? far, far from that. Religion or beliefs will never disappear from society.

What do you mean? a lot of scientists were and are people of faith.
Activity: 462
August 10, 2017, 08:36:51 AM
Not in our life time. that's for sure.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
August 10, 2017, 07:22:23 AM
I think when all people not believing in jesus, gods and bible that's religions will dead but do you think all people will peace without religion? no, all people will anger easily, no mercy each other, crime will increase and other countries starting world war because they not believe jesus, gods and heaven.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
August 10, 2017, 04:55:57 AM
[/quote

Each one of us have a religion because it tells here where do we believe. I think religion will not be die. When a couple get married their child will have a religion that he will be believe in his whole life. Religion will not be die because the parents will pass it to their child.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
August 10, 2017, 12:40:26 AM
August 10, 2017, 12:29:16 AM
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
W12 – Blockchain protocol
August 08, 2017, 05:04:15 AM
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 08, 2017, 03:40:50 AM
James 1:27New International Version (NIV)

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
August 08, 2017, 03:32:20 AM
Religions made a lot of damage to human beings and our world in general. I'm not talking only about Islam, but every kind of religion, more or less, caused lots of problems.

I'm sure they will end. They won't last forever. But how will they end?

Which could the scenario that leads to their disappearance?
While people that believe in the religion live to not Earth, she will live together with them. I do not see nothing bad herein. It likes to the people to believe in God or in Allah - let believe. Do not I understand why religions in general to die?
August 07, 2017, 10:05:24 AM
Pages:
Jump to: