Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you see bitcoin in 10 years - page 15. (Read 15834 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
October 21, 2015, 10:26:24 AM
A "bank" for Bitcoin already exists, it is called Xapo. They will store your Bitcoin for you in secret underground vaults. It seems pretty legit if you ask me. But im a purist, so I think Bitcoin's major points is it allows you to being your own bank, so I would rather trust myself and store them myself, than trust a third party.
It's definitely better than current banks tho.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
October 21, 2015, 09:00:59 AM
10 Years from now... I hope all signature campaigns will be dead by then. I fucking hate them.
They ruined bitcointalk and no one is willing to do something about it.

People should step up, show some decency, and remove all these stupid scam campaigns from their profiles.
Not because it is mandatory, but because it is the right thing to do.

Tell me about it. I put a recommendation in my sig that I think could be really useful for newcomers, but I'm always wondering if it'll just be seen as another one of those paid ad campaigns, and actually has the opposite effect of what I'm trying to achieve. /shrug

Signature campaigns are the cancer of the bitcointalk. I really hate them.

Why we shouldn't make some "free" bitcoins, from signature campaigns if we can? Most us would be here and would keep posting anyway, but even better if we get paid for that Smiley.

Regarding OP, I think bitcoin not going to be run by a bank. Until bitcoin opensource and the development is heavily influenced by the community it would be "too open" for a bank. They would do better by buying up major exchanges.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
October 21, 2015, 08:59:38 AM
Even Satoshi said it that either there will be a lot of transactions in about 10 years or very few transactions. This you can translate to either Bitcoin will be worth a lot or nothing and of course either Bitcoin will be used by many or by nobody.

So this is pretty much your answer OP. I don't see it being somewhere in the middle at all!

He said 20 years, not 10.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
October 21, 2015, 07:48:59 AM
signature campaigns tell us that advertisment subliminary even if the site its doublfull its willing to give connection and money to advertize into btc world in order to have some users that are scammed or not and be willing to use more the BTC as reward i mean the signatures campaigns got less good than bad but its sitll a way of us in future to like btc cause we have it. my opinin of no major income.
What are you trying to say? Is this google translator or something?

Anyway. Bitcoin is hard nut to crack. We may agree that future is not grim, bitcoin won't fail - that is certain.
Amount of money invested in btc technology is just too much to waste. Whether btc price will be $100 or $1000 is hard to predict.
Activity: 246
October 21, 2015, 07:09:53 AM
It will still be struggling on around 400 $ and there will be people making these threads again at that time and same answers in the appear in those threads.
mass adaptation requires centuries not some years.. its pinnacle is not sooner than 100-200 years.
Activity: 322
October 21, 2015, 07:01:19 AM
signature campaigns tell us that advertisment subliminary even if the site its doublfull its willing to give connection and money to advertize into btc world in order to have some users that are scammed or not and be willing to use more the BTC as reward i mean the signatures campaigns got less good than bad but its sitll a way of us in future to like btc cause we have it. my opinin of no major income.
legendary
Activity: 1281
☑ ♟ ☐ ♚
October 21, 2015, 06:52:47 AM
10 Years from now... I hope all signature campaigns will be dead by then. I fucking hate them.

People should step up, show some decency, and remove all these stupid scam campaigns from their profiles.

Tell me about it. I put a recommendation in my sig that I think could be really useful for newcomers, but I'm always wondering if it'll just be seen as another one of those paid ad campaigns, and actually has the opposite effect of what I'm trying to achieve. /shrug

Signature campaigns are the cancer of the bitcointalk. I really hate them.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
October 20, 2015, 03:57:19 PM
Even Satoshi said it that either there will be a lot of transactions in about 10 years or very few transactions. This you can translate to either Bitcoin will be worth a lot or nothing and of course either Bitcoin will be used by many or by nobody.

So this is pretty much your answer OP. I don't see it being somewhere in the middle at all!
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016
October 20, 2015, 03:41:45 PM
I'd like to think I can go in to an Estate agents here in the UK and buy property with my stash of bitcoins, rent out some properties and refurbish and extend a shithole property at the same time.

This maybe a bit of a selfish view of what I hope to see, but it's what I hope for.

I'll be 43 by then so hurry up world and make this happen.

Activity: 225
Merit: 100
October 20, 2015, 03:33:36 PM
In all places, shops, webs, streets...
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
October 20, 2015, 03:03:34 PM

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
October 20, 2015, 02:52:55 PM
I see it ran by a bank, What do you think?

I see that we are on the moon and aliens are using Bitcoin as-well .
nah seriously , I personally try to be optimist about it and I guess the price will really see an increase and let's say 10k $ ,  only the last couple of weeks has show a lot of adoption from huge companies such g2a.com  .
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
October 20, 2015, 02:45:05 PM

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
October 20, 2015, 02:42:32 PM
A major footnote in history or slowly on its way to triumph. Ten years is too soon to have converted countless millions, I think people underestimate how slow moving a proper sea change is, but it'll either make everyone here now look like geniuses or goats.
legendary
Activity: 812
October 20, 2015, 02:30:26 PM
I see it ran by a bank, What do you think?

If so thats fine we have the option to create new currency very easy and since the world would run on something very similar (bitcoin) it wouldnt be hard to get that control back again.  Alot easier then getting the control back while the world runs via fiat systems.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
October 20, 2015, 02:27:58 PM
I'm dreaming in 10 years, i'm getting paid my salary with bitcoins and cannot see the fiat currency.

Getting paid in bitcoin is highly possible already when bitcoin hit $1200 many MNC's employees thinking to get salary in bitcoin as per Yahoo news.
But fiats are here to stay for at least next 100 years. Because bitcoin has no property to wipe out fiats completely.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
October 20, 2015, 02:15:34 PM
I'm dreaming in 10 years, i'm getting paid my salary with bitcoins and cannot see the fiat currency.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
October 20, 2015, 02:10:35 PM
10 years, if we do not autodestroy with nuclear power, At that time Bitcoin will be almost mainstream: paying groceries with it.

I also share this opinion with you, i don't know about destroying with nuclear power , but i hope so that will not happen, and wishing best of luck for Bitcoin and its users
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Bsupra C. Member
October 20, 2015, 02:00:27 PM
10 years, if we do not autodestroy with nuclear power, At that time Bitcoin will be almost mainstream: paying groceries with it.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
October 20, 2015, 01:51:33 PM
the usually two result will happnen, it will die or it will skyrocket, it must be one of this because of the halving, for every new halving the price must increase or the efficiency must increase otherwise the network will remain unsecure

because every miners will simply leave, and i doubt that the efficiency can double every 4 years, but i may be wrong, if this would be the case, the price can remain where it is, while miners can maintain their today profit
Pages:
Jump to: