Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you store your bitcoins ? - page 10. (Read 13074 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 528
October 22, 2015, 01:44:07 PM
And i don't know how to operate Hardware wallets anyway  Roll Eyes

hardware wallets (at least the main ones like Trezor, Case, Ledger) are very easy to operate, arguably easier than some software ones
I do think the prices should be lowered, but if you have more than a few btcs it's worth the investment

how if your hardware wallets is lost? any back up there? just like youre lost your flashdisk..

I have the same worry. How can you back up your hardware wallet. Do you still need a paper copy of the password?

Keep a private key store on secure disk, plan it on flash disk, CD disk or even hard disk , also save your hardware wallet in safe place which no one can reach it or even make a paper wallet at once.

What happens if the hard ware is broken or lost? Can you buy the same hardware and import the key?
If im not wrong, yes you can
You just need to import he private key and you're in
To make sure you don't lose your private key, back that up into cloud like Gdrive or Mediafire Roll Eyes
Looks like im stuck with online wallet for now Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
October 22, 2015, 01:40:03 PM
I would just add that I have some extra bits laying in an altcoin exchange. I trade altcoins too, and I must say that it is very profitable if you know how to spot the indications that a coin will do good. The best and cheapest method so far is through a paper wallet and is stored in a safe place.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
October 22, 2015, 12:26:30 PM

hardware wallets (at least the main ones like Trezor, Case, Ledger) are very easy to operate, arguably easier than some software ones
I do think the prices should be lowered, but if you have more than a few btcs it's worth the investment

how if your hardware wallets is lost? any back up there? just like youre lost your flashdisk..

I have the same worry. How can you back up your hardware wallet. Do you still need a paper copy of the password?

Keep a private key store on secure disk, plan it on flash disk, CD disk or even hard disk , also save your hardware wallet in safe place which no one can reach it or even make a paper wallet at once.

What happens if the hard ware is broken or lost? Can you buy the same hardware and import the key?

Honestly, I'm not use hardware wallet, but you can see faq a trezor hardware wallet: FAQ
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 22, 2015, 11:43:59 AM

legendary
Activity: 1106
October 22, 2015, 11:36:56 AM

October 22, 2015, 05:22:31 AM

October 22, 2015, 04:36:48 AM
I stored my BTC in the HalleyBTC.  Grin

what is halleybtc? can you tell me the site?

That halleybtc looks like an investment site, take a look their site : https://www.halleybtc.com/ So he's storing his BTC on an online investment program which I think is kinda risky. It's not recommended to store your coins on such sites like that as they are most likely prone to collapse anytime soon.  Undecided
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 22, 2015, 04:21:30 AM

Activity: 896
Merit: 508
October 22, 2015, 04:20:25 AM
I store a portion of my bitcoin in a cloud mining service/Web wallet and I use paper wallets to store bigger portions of my btc.
October 22, 2015, 04:19:12 AM

what is halleybtc? can you tell me the site?
October 22, 2015, 04:18:36 AM
For spending and some other purposes, I usually keep it in an Electrum desktop/Android wallet. For large amounts of coins, I keep it in a paper wallet generated offline via bitaddress.org. I do have some couple of bits in some online wallets, but I never did store a chunk in there because personally, I don't trust web-based wallets.
what the best Electrum desktop/Android wallet??
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
October 22, 2015, 03:20:19 AM
Activity: 826
October 22, 2015, 01:15:47 AM
I store bitcoin in a wallet generated by  the core. Protect it with passwords and store in several hard disks.

That's the wise idea as suggested by many veterans. Make sure your hard disks are disconnected from internet for further securities. Also make sure the life time of hard disks, usually HDD are made up of magnetic tapes which are known for fade away in time.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
October 21, 2015, 09:23:34 PM
I bought some bitcoins from coinbase. I keep them in my coinbase wallet or I send them to changetip.com because there is to transaction fee.
October 21, 2015, 01:09:01 PM
I store bitcoin in a wallet generated by  the core. Protect it with passwords and store in several hard disks.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
October 21, 2015, 12:28:20 PM
i just store my bitcoin at Xapo
i dont really know much about xapo here.
but i use that because there's a faucet that will be instant WD and no fees for WD
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
October 21, 2015, 12:04:26 PM
i store my bitcoin in a hardware wallet, specifically a Ledger wallet. it is simple to use and was very affordable. they are even cheaper now, i see, than when i got mine, but after being hacked and losing some bitcoin I went and bought it and the security is well worth the investment.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
October 21, 2015, 11:38:02 AM
just coinbase,or you can use as you need. dont too worry about your bitcoin if you not linked with scam/suspicious website/startup.

Well I wouldn't trust coinbase at all to store my Bitcoins. I wouldn't trust anything that isn't my own local wallet. Everything else entails certain risks that im not willing to take. Maybe Xapo sounds like a serious business, but I just can't sleep at night unless my Bitcoins are stored locally on my place and offline.
Activity: 364
October 21, 2015, 11:52:37 AM
Althought blockchain has some issues with their security system, I store all of my bitcoin in their wallet. Right now I don't have plan to store my bitcoin in hardwallet because I think it's hard to use. With my current bitcoin ammount, web based wallet is the best in my opinion. Maybe I will use hard wallet or electrum when I have 1BTC
Activity: 994
PUGG.io
October 21, 2015, 11:43:04 AM
i store my bitcoins in my hardware wallet, eletrum and some i store in coinbase to play for my sports betting , the profit from the sport gambling i store tham on my hardware wallet electrum . storing on my electrum is my investment.
Pages:
Jump to: