Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you store your bitcoins ? - page 12. (Read 13074 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
October 08, 2015, 12:42:20 PM
On blockchain.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
September 30, 2015, 10:21:49 AM
I store my bitcoins on different exchanges which are well known and some big part on blockchain wallet that all.Windows wallet will take 2 weeks to be synched fully with my connection speed.Ir is better this way at present.

Storing bitcoins or altcoin on exchanges are very dangerous even though they are well known, you might be victim for next Mt Gox "hacking incident".
You better use Electrum for windows, it's very light, has many features, good security & you don't have to sync for a long time (less than a minute)
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
BTC > etc
October 08, 2015, 08:33:54 AM
When my Case wallet arrives tomorrow this might change - I'll keep my cold storages for savings and the rest on my Case.

I've also been thinking of getting a Case for daily use.
Would be interested in hearing what are your thoughts on it so far.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
September 30, 2015, 11:16:33 AM
I store my bitcoins on different exchanges which are well known and some big part on blockchain wallet that all.Windows wallet will take 2 weeks to be synched fully with my connection speed.Ir is better this way at present.

Storing bitcoins or altcoin on exchanges are very dangerous even though they are well known, you might be victim for next Mt Gox "hacking incident".
You better use Electrum for windows, it's very light, has many features, good security & you don't have to sync for a long time (less than a minute)

But many people active in trading bitcoin in exchanges. There is no way other than keeping our hard earned bitcoin there itself. It must be time to innovate any kind of new things to resolve this kind of situation everybody faces.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
September 30, 2015, 09:33:36 AM
It's a secret Smiley shhh
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
September 30, 2015, 08:36:50 AM
I've got the biggest chunk in cold storage (Casascius bar) which would require a plane trip for me to go get them. Hence the temptation to spend them is reduced.
The next biggest chunk in cold storage behind three locks
Then the next percentage on an android phone in airplane mode except when I need it.
Then a very small amount on my cell phone (mycelium) for my expenses and purchases.

When my Case wallet arrives tomorrow this might change - I'll keep my cold storages for savings and the rest on my Case.
Man care to share how much you have spent on bitcoins?

Damn you must have a lot of coins to devide you wallets like that.

Haha! A lot came from mining. When I see someone I haven't seen in a while they usually ask me: "are you still into that bitcoin stuff?"
And I respond: "now I'm being paid in bitcoin!"
Activity: 560
September 30, 2015, 07:38:58 AM
I mainly store coins on my blockchain.info wallet  and 15% on different type of hot wallet for my daily trading and gambling activities.
Activity: 490
September 30, 2015, 07:29:18 AM
All my bitcoins are in an exchange (not a lot though)
I have 1 altcoin where the coins are in a wallet.

When you will have enough BTC you don't want to put that in an exchange for long time. You'll eventually need to setup a wallet in your pc and hold your own private keys.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
September 30, 2015, 07:23:33 AM
Activity: 31
September 30, 2015, 07:21:27 AM
I've got the biggest chunk in cold storage (Casascius bar) which would require a plane trip for me to go get them. Hence the temptation to spend them is reduced.
Then the next percentage on an android phone in airplane mode except when I need it.
Then a very small amount on my cell phone (mycelium) for my expenses and purchases.

Damn you must have a lot of coins to devide you wallets like that.
Activity: 31
September 30, 2015, 07:19:55 AM
All my bitcoins are in an exchange (not a lot though)
I have 1 altcoin where the coins are in a wallet.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
September 30, 2015, 02:46:14 AM

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
September 30, 2015, 02:44:29 AM
store on online wallet, some on coinbase and the rest on blockchain.

That's a good thing. By keeping your coins on different wallets you will reduce to risk of losing all coins at once if any thing worst happened to one wallet service provider. I do save my coins on different online wallets. But I don't keep much on exchanges.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
September 30, 2015, 01:53:31 AM
i store my bitcoins currenly on an exchange site based here on our country cuz i often exchange my bitcoins to our local currency.
many says that it was not safe to store bitcoins on web based wallets but i trust the site cuz i already visited their main office and met the ceo on a seminar Smiley
September 30, 2015, 12:48:44 AM

September 30, 2015, 12:43:47 AM
I just store them in coinbase wallet for the time being... but I only have about half a Bitcoin.

Bad idea. I see Gox in your future.
Activity: 50
September 30, 2015, 12:42:58 AM
store on online wallet, some on coinbase and the rest on blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
September 29, 2015, 10:05:12 PM
I keep my private keys in different USB flash disks. I back up regularly. I also gave one flash disk wallet copy to my trusted relative in case something happens to me.

That's good idea of keeping securely your hard earned coins. Same thing is recommended by bitcoin.it wiki. You better give to more than at least 3 friends/relatives who are in different geological locations. Explain to your family members how much bitcoin you own and how it works and how to receive and send from a wallet. That also very important and basic need to keep your hard earned bitcoin growing.
Activity: 490
September 29, 2015, 09:30:14 PM
I keep my private keys in different USB flash disks. I back up regularly. I also gave one flash disk wallet copy to my trusted relative in case something happens to me.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
September 29, 2015, 07:28:52 PM
I've got not a lot , so all the work on the exchanges !

Maybe you should try to keep some offline. Exchanges might fail any time. Paper wallet cold storage is the way to go- cheap and simple!
Pages:
Jump to: