Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you store your bitcoins ? - page 7. (Read 13074 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 20, 2015, 04:29:46 PM
i have my BTC in blockchain cause it is not worth much
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
November 20, 2015, 12:04:54 PM
Was using Blockchain.info to store 2.25btc, thats until i read about johoe and the hundreads of dodge bitcoin addresses.   Sad  it gave me the kick up the arse that i needed to get my small holding into cold storage.  Was always abit weary about generating my own address and private keys but after doing it and playing about with them for bit it's really not that hard.  

so now i have most of my Btc on paper wallets and a usb thats never connected to the internet.  i also started using breadwallet for very small amounts for everyday spending.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
November 20, 2015, 11:51:34 AM
I prefer to use Bitcoin Core, and if you want to spend it when you go out just use Online Wallet like Blockchain.
But don't store many Bitcoin on online wallet, it's very risky.
Right dude Even I have wallet in Block chain as well as in Coinbase also There is nothing to online wallet and all but We have make wallet's security more difficult like which is others should not easily crack your wallet. two factor authentication and security questions option many things are keep safe your wallet.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
November 20, 2015, 11:42:52 AM
Personally I store and save my bitcoin on my mobile wallet, specifically on Mycelium bitcoin wallet. I also suggest it as I find it secure and convenient. I can bring my bitcoin wallet securely on my pocket anywhere I go Smiley

I hope that you don't hold all of your coins there and that this is not a very big amount, since this is not the  most secure way to hold your coins. You need to do a research and educate yourself a bit more!

Uhm, actually I store 1 btc there , which is the amount I am holding right now. Someone just told me mycelium will be a good wallet to store my coins and after some research, I used it. Yes I am aware its not the most secure way but this the only wallet I am comfortable with so far. I heard about hardware wallets and paper wallets, which were way more secured than a mobile wallet like mycelium. I need to research more though

Yes, hardware wallets together with the paper wallets are the safest. Also Electrum and Multibit are very safe for your PC. Of course together with the Bitcoin Core but Core is resource hungry and you need quite a lot of disk space and you must download about 50GB of blockchain.

So I can warmly suggest you Multibit or Electrum. But yes, Mycellium will do a job more than well until you don't do your research. Make sure that you do your research, that's very good until you don't feel completely comfortable!
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
November 19, 2015, 01:37:09 PM
Any suggestions on where a person who has already purchased bitcoins through Coinbase / circle should store them? I'm open to any suggestions from members. Thanks

offline wallet will be your best choice for extra security and privacy. i my self will be using
offline wallet too but for now im using coinbase and some other wallet but im not keeping huge
amount of bitcoin per wallet as for personal security.
Activity: 546
November 19, 2015, 07:18:47 AM
Personally I store and save my bitcoin on my mobile wallet, specifically on Mycelium bitcoin wallet. I also suggest it as I find it secure and convenient. I can bring my bitcoin wallet securely on my pocket anywhere I go Smiley

I hope that you don't hold all of your coins there and that this is not a very big amount, since this is not the  most secure way to hold your coins. You need to do a research and educate yourself a bit more!

Uhm, actually I store 1 btc there , which is the amount I am holding right now. Someone just told me mycelium will be a good wallet to store my coins and after some research, I used it. Yes I am aware its not the most secure way but this the only wallet I am comfortable with so far. I heard about hardware wallets and paper wallets, which were way more secured than a mobile wallet like mycelium. I need to research more though
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
In XEM we trust
November 19, 2015, 07:18:10 AM

You're right, what if he loses his phone or even worse someone has access to his phone. Things would get bad pretty quickly. There's a slim chance that Mycelium would shut down as well. Apple just had a zero day exploit where anyone could root your phone just by going to a webpage on safari. Some sort of same zero day exploit was available on android as well if I recall correctly. So he's pretty much playing with fire.

Any income I earn will go to my blockchain wallet, where it doesn't sit for long as I constantly invest in different crypto platforms. I also got a minted wallet from nasty, which I use to store my "retirement" funds. I mostly send dust to there like my earnings from signature campaign and my U3 miner. As for my alt coin investments. I use a cold wallet.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
November 19, 2015, 07:13:48 AM
now im just using blockchain.
because I think not need to create another storage place,besides blockchain very accessible for me
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
November 19, 2015, 07:03:14 AM

Activity: 952
Merit: 503
November 19, 2015, 06:59:08 AM
I prefer to use Bitcoin Core, and if you want to spend it when you go out just use Online Wallet like Blockchain.
But don't store many Bitcoin on online wallet, it's very risky.
Activity: 546
November 19, 2015, 06:56:45 AM
legendary
Activity: 980
November 19, 2015, 06:41:37 AM
i save my bitcoin into local exchange and in the blockchain wallet but if you have a huge amount of bitcoin i recommend you should use offline wallet such a bitcoin core or electrum wallet because it's more safe i think
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
November 19, 2015, 05:13:54 AM
Bitcoin Core since a long time. Only things to remember are: backups and strong passwords.
For everyday use Mycelium is good.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 19, 2015, 04:50:27 AM
I save my bitcoin in local exchanger, safe enough and when I want to sell it will be easier Smiley.

i hope you have a low amount there, because the safest way is always a cold storage not certainly an exchnage, unless we are talking about coinbase which have insurance
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
November 19, 2015, 12:37:06 AM
I save my bitcoin in local exchanger, safe enough and when I want to sell it will be easier Smiley.
Let's hope your exchanger is pretty trustworthy enough not to turn into another Mt
Gox Sad
I'd rather put my btc inside desktop wallet and mobile wallet for the sake of my own safety Wink
Activity: 938
November 19, 2015, 12:26:12 AM
Yeah, I do the same. I have some bitcoin in exchange only for trading and to get fiat.

But for daily use, i choose to store my bitcoin into multibit wallet. It's very safe anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
November 18, 2015, 11:14:53 PM
I personally have encrypted my cold wallet backups and they are stored on my HDD. Plus I have my cold wallets also as paper wallets. I think it's more than decent.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
November 18, 2015, 10:07:44 PM
I store my bitcoins on the blockchain, but not on blockchain.info.

I store my private keys on a hard drive and in a USB drive.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014
November 18, 2015, 09:57:01 PM
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469
November 18, 2015, 09:12:48 PM
I have safely stored about 90-95% of my bitcoins on a deck of cards for over a year now.
I keep the rest on my mobile (Coinomi) and desktop (Electrum) for daily use.
Pages:
Jump to: