Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you store your bitcoins ? - page 11. (Read 13074 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 21, 2015, 11:41:56 AM
I personally store most of my bitcoins in two wallets, one is on coins.ph wallet which is a web based wallet - I store some of my bitcoins there for spending and cashing out purposes; and the other one is on mycelium for holding purposes. I also use blockchain.info wallet but only for gambling purposes. I also want to have a hardware wallet (which I heard the safest one to store your BTC) but I don't know where can I buy it in our country Grin

I would love to have a hardware wallet too.
Apart from difficulty in buying it, the cost plays a role in deterring me from buying one.

I also forgot that part Cheesy I'd like to have a trezor hardware wallet but it's kinda expensive to me Grin $99 is a big amount here on a third world country but hopefully can buy it here on our country(from someone) when I can afford one
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 21, 2015, 11:13:18 AM
just coinbase,or you can use as you need. dont too worry about your bitcoin if you not linked with scam/suspicious website/startup.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
October 21, 2015, 11:03:55 AM
Right now Im storing all my coins in different wallets preferrably in online wallets like COINBASE , XAPO , COINS.PH (for cashout purposes) , BLOCKCHAIN and Android Wallet Mycelium (I preferred to hold majority of my coins here). I know the risk of storing wallet in web based wallets but hey with the current bitcoin trend and development they are doing I think somehow they will not just crash in a matter of seconds as they will face legal term.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
October 21, 2015, 09:36:03 AM
Core is still the best software for me. I like it because it's simple and im so paranoid about my Bitcoins that I only trust the Bitcoin Core wallet. I don't see a better way to store Bitcoins to be honest. You can just compress the wallet with SHA256 (which rar and 7z have) and put it anywhere.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
October 21, 2015, 09:00:34 AM
I personally store most of my bitcoins in two wallets, one is on coins.ph wallet which is a web based wallet - I store some of my bitcoins there for spending and cashing out purposes; and the other one is on mycelium for holding purposes. I also use blockchain.info wallet but only for gambling purposes. I also want to have a hardware wallet (which I heard the safest one to store your BTC) but I don't know where can I buy it in our country Grin

I would love to have a hardware wallet too.
Apart from difficulty in buying it, the cost plays a role in deterring me from buying one.
Activity: 350
October 21, 2015, 08:59:05 AM
I store my bitcoins on my blockchain wallet.... I feel safe in it as i get always update about my balnace in phone through notififcation..
Activity: 462
October 21, 2015, 08:54:07 AM
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
October 21, 2015, 08:48:19 AM
I actually divide my bitcoins and store in different wallets to avoid loses in case of any thing goes wrong on one system. It is similar to diversifying our investment to avoid bigger loses. For every day use I will use XAPO account because of no fee and I feel it is quite safe in online wallets. Some stored in cold storage in my desktop and some in block-chain wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
October 21, 2015, 08:41:40 AM
I store my bitcoins in different systems, cold storage for my savings (paper wallet for long time storage). Mobile wallet for hot wallet , bitcoins that i can spend in short time. Another bitcoins in an exchange for trading. I think exchange is the most problematic we saw some big collapses in exchanges and stolen bitcoins. I try to have bitcoins on exchange only when i'm doing trading.
Activity: 210
BTC > etc
October 21, 2015, 08:21:05 AM
And i don't know how to operate Hardware wallets anyway  Roll Eyes

hardware wallets (at least the main ones like Trezor, Case, Ledger) are very easy to operate, arguably easier than some software ones
I do think the prices should be lowered, but if you have more than a few btcs it's worth the investment
Activity: 322
October 17, 2015, 07:50:09 AM
well hardware its like a software wallet into a pen no? soo a flash pen usb can store the multiwallet or multibit and you can see it gorws or pay in specific computers
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
October 17, 2015, 07:48:35 AM
I store my BTC at my Xapo wallet, even though online wallet is never safe and it's recommended to get Hardware wallets
But im can't afford hardware wallets right now Sad
Im saving my sig campaign money to upgrade my pc

And i don't know how to operate Hardware wallets anyway  Roll Eyes
Activity: 381
October 17, 2015, 07:39:54 AM
I store my bitcoins in two places.. one offline wallet.. and another in my trading site.. i know its not safe.. but i do a lot of trading ... so i keep there too.. so that i can easily buy and sell

well yes thats exactly what i had said, if you are going to use it a lot then is needed, ofc, just be carefully to do not store a lot of bitcoins there Wink just for precaution.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 17, 2015, 07:31:05 AM
if you have some serious ammount of bitcoins of course i suggest you to use cold storage, as you can see there is lot of users that agree with that.

I usually store all of my coin in hot wallet (online wallet) as it is not quite big to store in cold storage for long run. I spend almost whatever i earn.
do you not afraid if the store in the wallet online ?
I fear first incident happen again as in mt gox  Cry

well, if he is not using a huge ammount of bitcoins is not a bad idea at all, but as i sayd i will never use it to store most of my bitcoins.

I store my bitcoins in two places.. one offline wallet.. and another in my trading site.. i know its not safe.. but i do a lot of trading ... so i keep there too.. so that i can easily buy and sell
Activity: 381
October 17, 2015, 07:23:33 AM
if you have some serious ammount of bitcoins of course i suggest you to use cold storage, as you can see there is lot of users that agree with that.

I usually store all of my coin in hot wallet (online wallet) as it is not quite big to store in cold storage for long run. I spend almost whatever i earn.

well, if he is not using a huge ammount of bitcoins is not a bad idea at all, but as i sayd i will never use it to store most of my bitcoins.
Activity: 126
October 17, 2015, 07:09:04 AM
Cold storage.
You can store your bitcoins in here.
Activity: 294
October 08, 2015, 09:53:08 PM
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
October 08, 2015, 05:18:49 PM

i have two blockchain accounts,some btc i have in exchanges to trade alts
Activity: 196
October 08, 2015, 02:44:46 PM
Look if you bought the bitcoins for holding purposes say you strongly believe in bitcoin and think it will price will rise and want to keep them safe then you can either store your bitcoins in offline wallets or paper wallets for the best security but if you bought the bitcoins for gambling or buying or using them on day to day basis then just store them on blockchain.info wallet because it's the simplest and fastest bitcoin wallet Smiley
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
October 08, 2015, 02:14:17 PM
Pages:
Jump to: