Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you store your tokens? - page 23. (Read 5476 times)

Activity: 346
Merit: 100
BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform
August 24, 2018, 10:07:25 AM
Storing tokens on ethereum will be safer than you save them on the exchange. Because we can save the pirvate key from the wallet we have. This is different from the exchange, because you don't have your own private key. Moreover, lately there has been a lot of piracy on exchangers.

Yeah I agree, storing in exchanges especially if you are holding longer period is dangerous because some might shutdown and I knew some cases like it were my friends tokens/coins are trapped in it. Better in a hardware wallet because you have control over it.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
August 24, 2018, 10:06:42 AM
your private key can unlock your Tokens and ETH. it does not care who uses it. Therefore keeping it safe is important. and the best way ' for me" to protect your private key is to use a hardware wallet. it is the most secure because a hardware wallet will never divulge the private key to anyone, even to it's owner.
Activity: 346
BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform
August 24, 2018, 10:04:06 AM
Hey guys, where do you store your tokens? On your ethereum wallet or on an exchange, or maybe you store your tokens somewhere else? Give me some recommendations, where my tokens will be in complete safety?

Well for my ERC20 tokens I am storing it in my ImToken wallet. Its very easy to use and you can actually just look at it everytime in android phone. You can also make multiple addresses in in just one app. So easy and convenient, just saying.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
August 24, 2018, 10:04:00 AM
I keep my coins on the exchanger. I trust the binance and believe that they will not be stolen. But it's better to keep the coins on the myetherwallet, it's safer there.
Activity: 22
August 24, 2018, 09:59:57 AM
Storing tokens on ethereum will be safer than you save them on the exchange. Because we can save the pirvate key from the wallet we have. This is different from the exchange, because you don't have your own private key. Moreover, lately there has been a lot of piracy on exchangers.
Activity: 90
August 24, 2018, 09:05:50 AM
I store my tokens in myetherwallet, since I was here in crypto this is my on wallet that I have using because it is easy and more convenient to use to have a transaction especially in sending and withdrawing funds.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
August 24, 2018, 07:31:39 AM
I use only imtoken wallet and its pretty safe and secure. Try to use it or myetherwallet or offline like nano ledger.
Activity: 309
August 24, 2018, 06:38:03 AM
I choose exchanges. On exchanges I can put a stop loss and do not lose your money if the rate goes wrong as I planned.
Activity: 364
August 24, 2018, 05:11:42 AM
Unfortunately, I don't know any places where your tokens can be completely safe. If you store your tokens online then there is a danger that your tokens may be subject to a hacker attack. If you store your tokens offline then there is a danger of losing or breaking the device on which your tokens are stored.
Activity: 336
Merit: 15
August 24, 2018, 04:37:55 AM
The safest place to store your coins and tokens is, of course, a hardwallet, so it's better to purchase one of them asap.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
August 24, 2018, 04:25:06 AM
Some coins are still stored in the walet securely and some are on exchanges. i think that diversifying my tokens or coins is important to avoid being hacked or other loss possibilities. In this case, both savin in exchange and wallets have negative and positive sides. I think that for some potential coins for trading, I mostly store on exchange.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
August 24, 2018, 03:59:58 AM
I store my token in Ethereum Recognize Coin (ERC20) this is the best and secured wallet so far, this is because of the technological build up it has with the Ethereum software machine. the ERC20 has an encryption mechanism that secures it from any form of instrument by cyber hackers who always goes after other people coins.

With ERC20 wallet; i am sure of the safety of my investment.
Activity: 83
August 24, 2018, 03:43:13 AM
I use MyEtherwallet to store Ethereum and my tokens. I think MEW is simple and easy to use.
Activity: 322
Merit: 3
August 24, 2018, 03:42:39 AM
Here are different types of wallets it will help you to make decision: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/5-types-of-cryptocurrency-wallets-and-where-to-begin-with-each
Activity: 616
Personal Text: Revolusi industri erotis di Blockc
August 24, 2018, 03:34:57 AM
I prefer to keep the coin in the wallet of MEW. Because it is more secure and proven that I am in some years save in MEW is very safe and coins also does not diminish or disappear. Though many people say keep in purse easy on the steal.
Activity: 322
August 24, 2018, 03:30:19 AM
I normally store in exchanges, but for new tokens then i have no choice but to store them in an erc20 wallet for safekeeping. How about you? what measures do you do to keep your tokens safe from hackers?
Activity: 70
August 24, 2018, 03:28:23 AM
I let my tokens sit first in myethereumwallet. I will put them on exchange when they get listed on some good exchanges, let it trade in the exchange with other tokens to make it multiply.
Activity: 532
August 24, 2018, 03:23:19 AM
maybe more safety is use myetherwallet and always keep away from click and access to phising myetherwallet website. Many way could lost your token on myetherwallet, one way is using wrong and fake link to access at myetherwallet.
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
August 24, 2018, 03:19:51 AM
I often use MEW or Metamask to access most of my ERC20's. To me those are the most trustless ways to do it.
Activity: 126
August 24, 2018, 03:13:22 AM
The best place to store your token is  my ether wallet and meta mask but I prefer Meta mask than ether wallet in such that there is an app for meta mask to view and likewise seeing the update in your token, while ether wallet has to pass through web such as if and if only the websites is having problem there is tendency of not seeing your token at the right time.
Pages:
Jump to: