Pages:
Author

Topic: Where to store ICO tokens? - page 4. (Read 7073 times)

Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
September 04, 2017, 07:10:24 PM
Very popular if its a Eth based token then the best way to keep is through myetherwallet. But much better if the devs of that token does have their own supported wallet. That's more trustworthy but MEW is the most popular and I wont store it to any exchange unless I will sell.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
September 04, 2017, 07:05:32 PM
The most trusted site to store our ICO tokens if it is using an Ethereum contract is the MyEtherWallet(MEW) and if the tokens are in waves contract then used waveswallet.io since this wallets are the most safest one to store our balance with and you should be carefull since there are so many phising attempt scattering and be cautious upon pasting your privatekeys.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
September 04, 2017, 06:54:39 PM
Guys, I'm a little confused with myetherwallet. I added a custom token (Token A) and can see it although it is at 0 as i don't believe the tokens have been released yet, i added another token (Token B) using the same private key but on a different computer and i can only see that Token (B) on the 2nd computer.
Can i import the other Token (A) to the second computer and vice versa?
Activity: 252
June 23, 2017, 03:21:30 PM
I do send my ICO token to my trading platform ethereum wallet. I do think this the best thing to do as it makes it easier for me to follow my token earning. Poloniex account is one of the safest account you can have as most of the coins that are at the ICO level will definitely going to be trade at poloniex.

Well Polo is not the safest place if you are planning to hodl them for log. Don't forget Mtgox  Grin
Just keep in mind, if you do not own the private keys, you do not own the coins. Moreover I don't like the way polo has been behaving in the last few days.
June 23, 2017, 02:35:34 PM
For ERC20 based coins you can always enter the custom setting in myetherwallet(address, name & decimal) and then check your ERC20 coin balance. This might help- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0KaqCduaMM
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
June 23, 2017, 02:32:10 PM
Where do you guys store your other (non-ERC20) coins/tokens?

I am using myetherwallet for ERC20 coins, find it good and easy to use. Which coins are you referring to? There are specific wallet for the coin. Maybe you would like to tell us which coins are you trying to store, we can try to suggest the wallet.

Well for instance, Wagerr and VIacoin. And Tezos next week. Those tokens/coins are not compatible with MyEtherWallet. Is there a Wallet in which I can store all coins that I purchase?
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
June 23, 2017, 02:29:19 PM

I am using myetherwallet for ERC20 coins, find it good and easy to use. Which coins are you referring to? There are specific wallet for the coin. Maybe you would like to tell us which coins are you trying to store, we can try to suggest the wallet.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
June 23, 2017, 01:29:42 PM
Activity: 386
June 23, 2017, 12:47:07 PM
So where can I store ICO tokens that are built on Ethereum ERC20 Tokens

I know of Myetherwallet but its confusing to me.

I know you can send the ErC20 tokens to any Ether wallet, but where would i see the breakdown of how many I have in a wallet?

Sir,Myetherwallet is the best. also you can add custom token in myetherwallet.
Activity: 406
June 23, 2017, 12:37:49 PM
Does Jaxx work for storing ICO tokens as well?
Activity: 518
Merit: 258
June 23, 2017, 09:55:56 AM
For Beginners:

Any ERC-20 token can be added to your local MEW interface by following these instructions.  Yes. Do it.  Grin  Grin
it is very easy  Beginners or Oldies but Goldies   Grin

1.Go to Ethplorer.io
2.Type in the name of the token, or search to your address and click on the Token's name there.
3.Note the address & decimals of this token.
4.In a new tab, navigate to the "Send Ether & Tokens" page on MyEtherWallet.
5.Unlock your wallet.
6.Click "Add Custom Token" on the right side.
7.Enter the address from Ethplorer.io.
8.Type in what you want to call it - the name or the symbol.
9.Enter the decimals from Ethplorer.io.
10.Click "Save".
You can now send your new token and see it's balance in the sidebar.

27.     that's all. Real easy    Grin  Grin

copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
June 23, 2017, 06:28:29 AM
You should actually learn how to use my etherwallet since it's actually the best wallet you can ever use, and it's user friendly, I just don't understand why is it confusing you
June 23, 2017, 04:52:10 AM
use the imToken wallet is more convenient Smiley
Activity: 532
June 23, 2017, 03:26:35 AM

I know you can send the ErC20 tokens to any Ether wallet, but where would i see the breakdown of how many I have in a wallet?

What makes you confused in MEW? I think MEW is easy, to see balance of ERC2 you just press show all token.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
June 17, 2017, 10:36:46 PM

Myetherwallet is the most brought solution and with a reasons, it is easy to create a wallet there and it is very easy to store your tokens there, when you want to see your tokens just click on show all tokens and that is it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
June 17, 2017, 10:21:16 PM
You might be confused in regards to different addresses provided for the token. The breakdown is provided in the right hand side menu with two links one is for ether tokens and one is for your all other tokens. There is also a drop down menu when you scroll will show you all the tokens balance.

If it is still confusing for you then you can try out livecoin site for the best possible easy overview. They have home screen with all your tokens listed. The one you own will be shown at the top. You can immediately swap them with other tokens of you wish to do by clicking the desired tokens.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
June 17, 2017, 10:10:53 PM

Ether Wallet is the best choice to store your tokens mate  Wink
Activity: 135
June 17, 2017, 09:21:48 PM
Parity looks sometimes better, even with the lagginess of chrome when is running Parity
Activity: 714
June 17, 2017, 08:24:19 PM
Back to the project itself if they join smart token myether yes we must make a wallet in myether
If there is smart token btc most use counterparty

Myether has the best type of wallet that can store online or offline it's a nice back-up of your storage of ICO token. It's very secured with a security key that can be use to encrypt your wallet in order to view the amount of token you have prior your trade it in the crypto market. Most of them uses myether because it's a trusted wallet and keeping a token is a good choice to do in myether wallet.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
June 17, 2017, 06:53:53 PM
What do you guys think about Parity wallet
Pages:
Jump to: