Pages:
Author

Topic: Where would society be without the internet? - page 6. (Read 24611 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0
Without the internet, we will still all be here but doing the same things the way our parents were doing 30 years ago. But it doesn't mean that it will be less happier than today.
Activity: 182
Merit: 102
Well I think people will start talking to each other more, like they used to, and the whole morning chat at the post office will return. Kids would have to used the library to find stuff out instead of using Google, which will get them out of the house and learning to do things for themselves.

People will receive letters instead of emails. An increase in posted mail and phone calls would surely benefit our local postal services and telephone network providers, but what we loved about the Internet was that communication was totally free.
Activity: 7
I think if without the internet, people will slowly develop in increasing their knowledge
Activity: 79
people without the internet will experience decline.Internet has provided many conveniences of life, the Internet helps the office work, help education and help the economy..
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
Without the internet, I think it will be a disaster in communication and a big problem; communication is weak there is a lot of misunderstanding cant efficiently communicate with each other. Reading books and writing letters often will happen.
Activity: 76
Less open racism, due to like minded people not being able to empower, reinforce each other.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
There would probably be a lot of strong dictatorships and ignorant, fearful people. The US government probably would have invaded even more countries using more effective propaganda.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
If u were to guess... Then let's see what the internet brings to the table. First of all, communication is so much easier. Getting and sending over information to people far and wide. News from abroad could be sent massively to different parts of the world to actually update the world. We could also share opinions and share interests to people we know and we don't. Without any of these and bring us back to the stone age, then we would exclude ourselves to others therefore we advance slowly
Activity: 122
Merit: 3
sunxcoin.com - crypto/Fiat exchange ecosystem
People would be different.Fashion wouldn't be so available to us.It's bad for young children.They are helping a lot for the school, but some children abuse it.Many people make money online.Many family relationships are maintained over the Internet.That there isn't Internet much would be difficult for us.
Activity: 28
I think , that's hard , specially , one of member in the family is far a way ,
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Being a 90-s child I can't even imagine a world without it. Parents lived during communism too, so really depressing where I was born
Activity: 48
The society would be as good as boring. I don't think I can stand it.
Activity: 353
Your guess?

I guess, we'd probably be back in that time where communication would still be not as fast as we are experiencing now, particularly for those people who are communicating with other people in other parts of the world. In addition, the distribution of information like what we have in Google and Wikipedia will be gone as well.
Activity: 112
There is a fellow in Japan who didn't go out from his flat 4 years because he was all day on computer...that's insane

omg really? he actucally not okay. You know, maybe form of autism
Activity: 30
Internet takes the communicaton to the next lvl. It was expected, so i think that if Internet didn't exist, we had an another method of quick international communication 
Activity: 474
Merit: 285
Brave New World
There are pros and cons, but one i thing i do know is that when my inet connection went down for ages it was pretty boring without internet lol
Activity: 77
where would society go with out internet? Its like we're going back on the stone age era wothout internet now a days is like a vihicle without gasoline.
Activity: 67
I think it will be a total chaos. No proper communication in all aspects. No telephone, no radio, television channels, no emails, no processes that needs network. No mobile phones and plenty more will never exist if there's no internet. You would not rather want to hear about banks without internet do you? So life really very hard without internet. Everyone will be affected. Even countries start war because of miss-communications. It also means computer will be useless, better back to manual counting with stones.
Activity: 73
I think the benefit of the internet is incredible, people in seconds can know the information from various sources without having to walk from home, the shortcomings gathered in real forums are increasingly rare, there is someone side by side with the hp, the computer. the positive depends on the wisdom of the internet user.
Activity: 175
E-Commerce For Blockchain Era
i think our society will be simpler without the internet! Our society will offer us simple services and continue catering us the simplest technology it can offer such as sending letter thru mail with paid stamp and be mailed in the post office! Sometimes living in a simple way is much better! Our society will  give us simple living without any complications! thas why i can conclude that theres is more happiness in simple living! Even without internet life will offer us thry meaning of life!
Pages:
Jump to: