Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? - page 16. (Read 49615 times)

Activity: 342
Merit: 250
I have been using Armory. Pretty easy to use and full of features.
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
I have been trying some of the wallets listed here since the last time i posted in this thread. There has been some nice surprises with some wallets. I have never tried using blockchain.info as a wallet, but I have recently and I quite like it.
Activity: 378
I've been using blockchain ever since I started bitcoin, a friend suggested me to use it because it's safe and have low deposit fee. I've also tried coinbase, I didn't really like it, it really depends on yourself actually. But blockchain I find it very secure and very easy to use. It's like investing with a leather or ripped wallet. That's what clients are about, some are better some are worse, I suggest blockchain.  Wink
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
well there is a lot of wallets the most safe i guess several has improved all quality to protect each cent from users
Activity: 294
★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I personally use multibit , excellent features and easy to use, asap i will try electrum
Activity: 303
Electrum is the best
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
I use coinbase to store my btx fund in its vault ( cold Storage ). I feel coinbase vault is secure to store your bitcoins. Because, to withdraw it requires to verify the withdrawl request from 2 mail ids.
Activity: 560
well i only use blockhain that is the most safe atleast as i know but some friends i know that user bitcoins they let on a core and just update for the new blocks
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
electrum right now, fast and easy! Tongue
Activity: 686
Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? If you use web wallets, please do mention which one is your choice and why ?

I don't use any web wallets (well I used to ) but not anymore since they aren't that safe after all .I prefer offline  wallets that I have control 100% , and in case I got hacked , I can't blame anyone or anything but my self .
Using Bitcoin COre for the moment I just use it to help the Bitcoin Network by running a node however I guess I will change it because I don't have much RAM also it eats a lot of CPU which I really can't afford which this crappy PC  Undecided I may switch de Multibit HD (seems like it have nice features) or Electrum .
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
Mycelium on my handhelds and blockchain wallet on my laptop. All work just fine Cool
Activity: 266
I  use bitcoin wallet since the very beginning, and there is nothing wrong with it.
Activity: 406
I use blockchain.info and Multibit. for Bitcoins.
But basically all my money on the stock exchanges.
I do not see any reason to download the full blockchain.
Also installed dogecoin-qt and a bunch of purses for other coins.

Dogecoin has a few lightweight wallets of its own. It also has a much lower spam limit compared with Bitcoin, so its blockchain is already quite bloated for a coin of its size. If you don't want to go through the hassle of downloading the entire blockchain, you could always try MultiDoge (fork of MultiBit) or Electrum-Doge (fork of Electrum).

I use blockchain because it feels like a trustworthy and secure wallet. I feel safe with my Bitcoins in there.

Blockchain.info recently encountered some problems with their Android wallet which exposed a few serious technical issues with their programming practices. They're still probably better than other online wallets out there since you have control over your private keys but my confidence in them isn't quite as strong as it used to be:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/recent-breach-at-blockchaininfo-android-app-did-a-stupid-1085983

well, maybe you should reconsider this little bit..after all those bad news I even can't believe it..
You mean that many stock exchanges were closed and all the lost money? Those exchanges that have closed in recent years have given me all the coins, and warned the closure. I constantly buy and sell different altcoins. I can not transfer each time the wallet.

Do you mean stock exchanges as in Cryptostocks/Havelock Investments-type stuff or altcoin exchanges like Cryptsy/Poloniex/Bittrex?

History has shown that using an exchange as a wallet for storing anything above small amounts isn't a good idea. I don't know much about how cryptocurrency stock exchange platforms work or what options are currently out there and there probably aren't enough of them out there to make any proper assumptions about their security but at least on a technical level, they're not all that much different from other type of exchanges (e.g. Mt. Gox, Bter, MintPal, Poloniex, Bitstamp, etc.) and many of these have lost some or all their users' funds in the past.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
If you do, that's mean you supporting the Bitcoin network.
I already support Bitcoin - I use it. Wink
That's not what I mean. I'm talking about the blockchain network, it'll make bitcoin more decentralized
Just like the torrent thing cmiiw
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1098

well, maybe you should reconsider this little bit..after all those bad news I even can't believe it..
You mean that many stock exchanges were closed and all the lost money? Those exchanges that have closed in recent years have given me all the coins, and warned the closure. I constantly buy and sell different altcoins. I can not transfer each time the wallet.

If you do, that's mean you supporting the Bitcoin network.
I already support Bitcoin - I use it. Wink
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
Lately, for the time being, I have changed wallet clients, just because I want to see if there are any other wallets I might like more than the one I currently use. There are a lot of great wallets mentioned in this thread.
Activity: 784
I do not see any reason to download the full blokchayn.
If you do, that's mean you supporting the Bitcoin network. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
I use blockchain because it feels like a trustworthy and secure wallet. I feel safe with my Bitcoins in there.
If I were you I wouldn't trust any online wallet. Never keep big amount of your coins online. It is fine to keep small parts for shopping or fast transactions. But you should have standard offline wallet too.
I use Bitcoin Core. A force of habit I suppose mixed with a little bit of paranoia. It serve me well tho.
legendary
Activity: 1036
/dev/null

Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Pages:
Jump to: