Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? - page 20. (Read 49616 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
December 24, 2014, 04:42:33 AM
Have yet to buy bitcoin. Whats the best way to move usd from my bank to a bitcoin wallet? I use blockchain

Coinbase as far as I know allow you to buy BTC using your bank account . (coinbase is a online wallet just like blockchain.info)

I believe coinbase will be the easiest if you want to store btc and usd on the same website. I wouldn't recommend leaving that much btc there in case the site somehow goes sideways
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
December 24, 2014, 12:59:05 AM
Can someone point a noob into a good path for protecting my BTC? I currently use Bitcoin Wallet QT or what ever its called. I have backups across all my drives and 2 USB drives.

In the event my drive fails, do you just restore wallet.dat into the BTC directory?

How do I achieve a hard copy backup(paper)? Do you need to create a paper backup every single time your balance changes? Do you need to create a soft copy backup everytime your balance changes?
Activity: 79
I was hacked. Sorry for any scam that occured.
December 23, 2014, 11:50:35 PM
Electrum and blockchain.info
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
December 23, 2014, 06:24:07 PM
Multibit + truecrypt  Grin
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
December 23, 2014, 03:07:03 PM
Have yet to buy bitcoin. Whats the best way to move usd from my bank to a bitcoin wallet? I use blockchain

Coinbase as far as I know allow you to buy BTC using your bank account . (coinbase is a online wallet just like blockchain.info)
Activity: 62
December 23, 2014, 02:55:40 PM
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
December 23, 2014, 02:50:55 PM
Which wallets do you guys recommend using with trezor?   I am using the web wallet right now, but looking for an additional wallet/..
Activity: 280
December 23, 2014, 02:34:45 PM
Multibit , simply it dosen't require any blockchain downloading , simple to use , Importing & Exporting Private keys Grin
but I found electrum better since you can recover it from the twelve words thing
Activity: 493
Merit: 500
Sarthak's a dumb girl
December 23, 2014, 02:30:11 PM
i m using bitcoin core wallet myself
just because it is the original and official wallet for bitcoin
offcourse it need big blockchain downloaded and time to startup but still it is best
Activity: 196
Merit: 104
December 23, 2014, 02:28:20 PM
Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? If you use web wallets, please do mention which one is your choice and why ?
I use multibit, but its been a big problem in the recent days. I get fake balance in some of my wallets(specially while using multiple wallets)
and when I spend it(not knowing that actual balance was less), then it shows the triangle sign for no confirmation, and I have to reset the client to fix it.
Activity: 882
Merit: 595
December 23, 2014, 02:12:04 PM
i use multibit because it doen't need to download the blockchain
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
December 23, 2014, 02:18:52 AM
I use mycelium + bip38 encrypted cold storage. Grin
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514
December 23, 2014, 01:23:19 AM
Blockchain.info. Months ago I was an idiot and downloaded a RAT of some sort and took away a few coins. Ended up costing me thousands over some stupid shit I got myself into. I can access the site from anywhere so it's more convenient.
Activity: 658
December 22, 2014, 11:16:11 PM
I store everything in Hive, with a 35 character passphrase, backed up to Google Drive and Dropbox.

I should probably be using paper wallets, but don't like the idea of having to rely on wherever I end up storing the paper.

Google Drive and Dropbox !!! Your coins are awaiting to be stolen.

Read this => https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-was-hacked-1170btc-stolen-500btc-max-bounty-686275
That guy wrote that he had the password stored in plain text there, if I understand correctly. If you have a reasonably long password and you don't keep it in the open, it shouldn't be a problem to keep the wallet in a cloud backup.

Your keys are going to need to be encrypted. Once you establish that your keys should be encrypted, you need to figure out a way to detect when someone has accessed your cloud account and have access to your encrypted wallet. As long as you can detect this quick enough, and still have access to a backup then the encryption should give you enough time to create and push a TX that empties your now compromised wallet into a newly created wallet/address with a different passphraise to decrypt
Activity: 406
AltoCenter.com
December 22, 2014, 10:22:29 PM
I am still using multibit and Xapo, since I haven't faced any complication yet.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
┗(°0°)┛
December 22, 2014, 08:34:42 PM
I store everything in Hive, with a 35 character passphrase, backed up to Google Drive and Dropbox.

I should probably be using paper wallets, but don't like the idea of having to rely on wherever I end up storing the paper.

Read this => https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-was-hacked-1170btc-stolen-500btc-max-bounty-686275
That guy wrote that he had the password stored in plain text there, if I understand correctly. If you have a reasonably long password and you don't keep it in the open, it shouldn't be a problem to keep the wallet in a cloud backup.
Activity: 353
Zichain
December 17, 2014, 11:03:22 AM
I use Bitcoin Core for my PC because I simply think it's the safest , can't trust online wallets such Coinbase & blockchain.info
& for Android , I use Mycelium also I'am waiting for them to finish their Bitcoin card , looks interessting project
Activity: 714
December 17, 2014, 05:00:52 AM
I currently use Paper Wallets for cold storage, Bitcoin Core for my PC and I have a blockchain.info-wallet+android app with small funds, but I think I will mostly use Mycelium for Smartphone use.("will" because there are still not much places in Austria, where I can pay with Bitcoin, besides Online-Stores)
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
December 17, 2014, 04:52:55 AM
After 5 years, still trusting bitcoin-qt. The whole blockchain is at my disposal, and I can easily Torify it and can swap wallets.
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050
December 17, 2014, 04:50:03 AM

Pages:
Jump to: