Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Exchange do you use and why ? - page 39. (Read 106974 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Buy and sell bitcoins,
BTC-E is still my favorite -- most dependable trade engine, least lag, very good reputation. However, I do sometimes send to BFX to try to take advantage of the spread (and sometimes end up with $$ stuck there longer than I'd like, waiting for the spread to close back up).
Mostly i use Coinbase

but coinbase isn't really an exchange -- more like a broker. you can't set orders on the books and play the exchange rate as much. plus, it's not great for trading also for the reason that many transactions in and out of your bank account may raise some red flags at your bank....
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Mostly i use Coinbase
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
I use primarily BTCe but have used everything from Gox to Cryptsy in between.  The key is have have the ability to be flexible when the time arises.

It is really amazing to see btc-e getting so many trusts when everything about it remains a mystery after years.
many people love to use BTC-e because its registration is easy and don't need document/ID verification
and they offer many coins/ USD pair, not only BTC/USD
and many withdraw options provided there
but anonymous owner make this exchange suspicious

i'm not particularly suspicious. BTCE has been been around forever -- they've always honored their liabilities. they paid out when they got hacked a couple years ago. and when a long squeeze liquidated the book to near $100, they ate the loss on the liquidity they provided. they are the best exchange, IMO.

Imagine we have a new exchange tomorrow, with complete zero info on the company and the owners.
Would you feel comfortable sending $100 or 0.2 bitcoin to it? Probably not. Smiley

That illustrates how important the "first-mover advantage" is. Cheesy

hehe, for sure. that's not to say the next generation of BTC exchanges won't take it to the next level. i have to think once we have licensed and fully regulated exchanges backed by well-known investors/companies, that they will be taking market share from places like BTCE..... until then, still my favorite. Smiley
Activity: 625

It is really amazing to see btc-e getting so many trusts when everything about it remains a mystery after years.
many people love to use BTC-e because its registration is easy and don't need document/ID verification

i'm not particularly suspicious. BTCE has been been around forever -- they've always honored their liabilities. they paid out when they got hacked a couple years ago. and when a long squeeze liquidated the book to near $100, they ate the loss on the liquidity they provided. they are the best exchange, IMO.

Imagine we have a new exchange tomorrow, with complete zero info on the company and the owners.
Would you feel comfortable sending $100 or 0.2 bitcoin to it? Probably not. Smiley

That illustrates how important the "first-mover advantage" is. Cheesy
while it's true that BTCE is/was attractive because it offers altcoin pairs, it hasn't added any in a really long time, and most that are left are pretty much "dead". i hope they consider adding some new coins soon.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Also my exchange of choice. If I had really big positions, I might have to have funds on other exchanges as well, but I'm a small enough fish that liquidity there is adequate.

Activity: 644

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000
Western countries have law to protect consumer and depositor. Not so in most developing countries, hence the higher than normal scam rate.
Do u consider BTC-E a western exchange ?
I think most people do. Bulgaria is part of Europe -- I don't think anyone is lumping a European exchange in with Chinese exchanges.
I guess Bulgaria is fake. They started operating from Ukraine.

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
BTC-E or virwox.com
Both are good.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital
I use BTC-e from the beginning and don't use any other.

Never put all your balls in the same basket...

Yes i agree with that, I have only account at Bitstamp but i was also waiting for Mt.Gox account, which eventually collapsed. I'm not sure which one to choose, i might go with another European exchange, since i don't trust Chinese much.

Western countries have law to protect consumer and depositor. Not so in most developing countries, hence the higher than normal scam rate.

I think most people do. Bulgaria is part of Europe -- I don't think anyone is lumping a European exchange in with Chinese exchanges.

Yes, I am aware of their history, and obviously they have a Russian user base. Most importantly, BTCE tends to follow Chinese price action, just as the other western exchanges do.

I did not get this part. What do u mean by BTCE tends to follow Chinese price action ?

I think he means BTC-e exchange price goes up & down by following the China market price.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

Yes i agree with that, I have only account at Bitstamp but i was also waiting for Mt.Gox account, which eventually collapsed. I'm not sure which one to choose, i might go with another European exchange, since i don't trust Chinese much.

Yes, I am aware of their history, and obviously they have a Russian user base. Most importantly, BTCE tends to follow Chinese price action, just as the other western exchanges do.

I did not get this part. What do u mean by BTCE tends to follow Chinese price action ?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!

legendary

Activity: 235
Merit: 102

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

Pages:
Jump to: