Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Exchange do you use and why ? - page 52. (Read 106974 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
btc38 for PTS, probably change it for China government policy.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
I use BTC-e for now, but I'm not trusting any online exchanges after Gox

You don't need to trust any, not even the localbitcoins.com. I never store any of my coins in the exchanges. I use them only for trading. Even if someone steals all the coins, we'll be safe.  Grin
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I use BTC-e for now, but I'm not trusting any online exchanges after Gox
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Kraken. It's convenient for EUR (SEPA) and has a good offering of different coins.
staff
Activity: 2454
Merit: 1617
Crypto Swap Exchange
I use BTC-e. Simple, easy to use, high volume, and never disappointing me so far.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I guess it really depends on your location. For me, I can find quite a number of traders with good trade history near me.

Did they meet you in person or how did you handle the transaction - if you don't mind me asking?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
I prefer BTCe for the main coins, but for a wider range of up and coming coins, I use vircurex https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=869-14179
Activity: 644
BTC-e
simple registration
and i sometimes trade LTC too
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw
Check global stats and you will see the picture, reason for using bigger exchanges is trust gained.
Activity: 117
Long live Bitcoin.
sometimes bitstamp
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital
I am highly skeptical of all the people praising localbitcoins. I have checked it out a few times and it looks very hairy and full of scams and thieves. There are tons of people claiming to have been scammed while trying to buy bitcoins on localbitcoins...

And that's why you need to pick the traders carefully, be extra careful to those new accounts.

I looked into a few sellers local to me through localbitcoins a while back, and NONE of them wanted to meet in person, they all suggested bizarre payment methods like using some android app and I forget what else. All methods I had never heard of, and all of them sounded sketchy at best.

I guess it really depends on your location. For me, I can find quite a number of traders with good trade history near me.

How does localbitcoins deal with the case, when a buyer does not pay but claim he has paid or the buyer pays, but seller says he has not got the payment ?
Activity: 614
I am highly skeptical of all the people praising localbitcoins. I have checked it out a few times and it looks very hairy and full of scams and thieves. There are tons of people claiming to have been scammed while trying to buy bitcoins on localbitcoins...

And that's why you need to pick the traders carefully, be extra careful to those new accounts.

I looked into a few sellers local to me through localbitcoins a while back, and NONE of them wanted to meet in person, they all suggested bizarre payment methods like using some android app and I forget what else. All methods I had never heard of, and all of them sounded sketchy at best.

I am highly skeptical of all the people praising localbitcoins. I have checked it out a few times and it looks very hairy and full of scams and thieves. There are tons of people claiming to have been scammed while trying to buy bitcoins on localbitcoins... remember the whole wave of issues where scammers were telling people to deposit into their BOA account or something along those lines?

Activity: 612
I use localbitcoins only, because it is p2p and the trade process is simple.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064
BTC-e and bitstamp.

convinient
Activity: 68
localbitcoins

The most reliable service there is. Grin
A lot of people are mentioning localbitcoins - I think that is decent if you are looking to sell but not so great if you are looking to buy bitcoins. I checked it out a while back and look at it periodically, and at least in my area it seems like prices are consistently higher than any online exchanges. They also seem to have a tendency to resist any downward price trends. There are also tons and tons of scammers on there trying to trick people into paying by methods that will result in them losing their money.
legendary
BTC-E is the best. Here are the reasons:
6. Never been hacked or DDoSed.

Not sure if it has been hacked, but it definitely has been ddos'ed quite often.
For example, http://www.coindesk.com/btc-e-online-following-ddos-attack/

And they admit it too...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6198457
legendary
I use localbitcoins, if thats consider an exchange. But, not used btc-e or mt.gox or any other ones.

Obviously LocalBitcoins is an exchange. It is a P2P exchange.
Activity: 122
Localbitcoins are always best to use.
Pages:
Jump to: