Pages:
Author

Topic: Which wallet to use? - page 18. (Read 20790 times)

copper member
Activity: 141
Merit: 1
API-Based Smart Contract Solution For Exch Hacking
December 19, 2018, 04:01:35 AM
I think Security should be your most important consideration in choosing a wallet. May l recommend the Incodium Wallet to you, besides being a secured wallet, it also performs a compensation function in case you ever lose your coins in an exchange hacking incident. Hope this helps
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
December 19, 2018, 03:54:50 AM
Which perks and features should one look for in a wallet?

Thanks in advance
There are lots of things to look out for, but safety should always be on top your list. If you’re talking about a mobile wallet, there are many good mobile wallets but the number you should go for is Blockchain wallet cause it’s secured and has two factor authentication.

The Blockchain wallet supports Bitcoin, BCH, Ethereum and Stellar coin. There is a wallet called BitPay, but I don’t really how safe that one is, then there is also Coinbase and Xapo wallet, and Trust wallet which is meant for Ethereum, heard it is owned by Binance.

If you need a hardware wallet, it is no longer a new thing that Nano S ledger is the best, but Blockchain recently released theirs, maybe you should check it out too. Then as for laptop wallets there are many of them which I have already seen in the comments.
copper member
Activity: 269
Merit: 0
December 18, 2018, 05:02:25 PM

Thanks in advance
Safe to use of course and then the mobility. You should access it wherever you are with the use of your mobile phone. For erc20 tokens and ether i use MEW and Trust wallet, so far got no problem using them.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 18, 2018, 04:59:28 PM
Thanks to all for the various inputs
Activity: 256
Merit: 10
December 18, 2018, 12:29:36 PM
As others have said MEW is exceptionally user-friendly.
But I'd personally wait for a good deal on a hardware wallet, security is more important than convenience and the price is worth it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
December 18, 2018, 12:21:16 PM
Security is very important in a crypto wallet, choose a reputable one that suit your needs. However most importantly, you must be able to control your private keys. Otherwise, your wallet will be in the mercy of the wallet provider.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
December 18, 2018, 12:05:06 PM
if until now I prefer to use ETH wallet for tokens, and for other coins I use coinomi, or nano ledger,
but all of that was only ledger nano that I recommended, because only the nano ledger which until now has been strong, just paid.
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
December 18, 2018, 12:02:56 PM
You are looking for what kind of wallet? for which coins? Multiple coins wallet or single coins wallet?

Not enough info to suggest the right wallet for you but in general HW are most secured and multiple coins supported and also ERC20 tokens too.Or the wallet like MEW for token and eth storage or Coinomi for multiple coins.
Activity: 932
Merit: 100
arcs-chain.com
December 18, 2018, 11:54:06 AM
For ETH tokens, I use MEW. Reliable and easy to use wallet.

MEW is easy to use but I think MEW is less secure, it is easy to be used by bad guys, there are countless MEW sites that trick users and new users are tricked by these sites because they are very sophisticated . I choose metamask
Activity: 2184
Merit: 470
Telegram: @jperryC
December 18, 2018, 11:52:28 AM
A wallet that will not going to store your private key to their "Cold Storage" (You don't have an assurance that their cold storage won't be hacked or no one can have an access to it) You should look for a hardware wallet like trezor and if you can't afford to buy these kind of hardware wallets you can do the alternative to it which is the paper wallet wherein your private keys and addresses are indicated/printed to a piece of paper.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
December 18, 2018, 11:52:18 AM
I think MEW is one of the wallets that many bounty campaign participants use. because there are many bounty campaigns that require a wallet that is supported by ERC-20.
Activity: 597
December 18, 2018, 11:49:12 AM
If you are a newbie no need to check for features for storing your coins in safe and sound you can go for MEW. I myself use this wallet which is very easy to use and provides the best security. So you can also use MEW.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
December 18, 2018, 11:28:36 AM

Thanks in advance
I will put all of my attention to the security of the wallet. Remember the developer which has focussed the development on the security to decrease the bug or at least give the more protection to our money will become the main thing. A lot of wallets get hacked in the past and we should learn a lot from there. EIDOO, Imtoken, exodus and they are all seem good to me
Activity: 392
December 18, 2018, 09:57:22 AM
I use a separate computer to access my wallet. So I'm comfortable with MEW and MetaMask. Metamask is convenient because you can add a lot of your wallets to it, in some cases it is convenient to receive tokens. Most often I use MEW because I have long been accustomed to it and I like its simplicity and functionality.
Activity: 59
Merit: 2
December 18, 2018, 08:57:01 AM

Thanks in advance
You might need to tell us which crypto you need a wallet for.
Ledger usually covers everything (except monero) - and it's a safe hardware wallet. If you have more than $500 in crypto it's usually worth the investment.
Otherwise I use bitcoin.com wallet on my phone and MEW for some quick transactions.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
December 18, 2018, 08:51:39 AM
I like to use MEW wallets to store my tokens, because they are the most comfortable to use. But if you are afraid of fishing websites or hackers, buy a ledger nano wallet and stay calm for your savings.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
December 18, 2018, 08:42:04 AM
I myself use the imtoken wallet to store a few coins in it, and other wallets are also needed like eos and nem wallets, because there are coins that are not erc20 but can be stored in the wallet I mentioned earlier.
Activity: 742
Merit: 19
December 18, 2018, 08:26:39 AM
The security is a first and important thing. Next one is, you own the private keys. Then don't use exchanges wallets to store your coins. I believe those 2 things are very important before you choose a wallet. I would like to add an extra thing to this post. The thing is, please keep safe your wallet private keys. Then don't put your private keys anywhere like airdrops or bounties. Beware with phishing scams.
Activity: 333
Merit: 100
December 18, 2018, 07:59:13 AM
To my opinion  the wallet should be safe and convenient to use. I also prefer wallets which have a desktop version
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
December 18, 2018, 07:45:32 AM

- being open source
- being reviewed by you of if you don't have the ability, being reviewed by enough experts in the field so that you can be sure it doesn't contain bugs or malware that lead to money loss/theft
- being old. which is somewhat like the previous one but it also means that possible bugs that aren't seen by devs are found

then you can look for secondary things such as
- being easy to use
- being light weight
- having certain features such as usage as cold storage in an easy way
Pages:
Jump to: