Author

Topic: Whitelist Requests (Want out of here?) - page 139. (Read 474339 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
February 13, 2013, 05:13:54 AM
Hi, I would like to get out of the newbie section. I promise to behave responsibly. Im not a big poster anyway, just wanted to make a proposal in wikipedia thread...
efx
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 13, 2013, 05:09:35 AM
Mmm..an incredibly inefficient method of dealing with the situation.

Come now. Elegant solution this is not. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
February 13, 2013, 05:01:20 AM
Just posting to get out of this newbie threat. That should do as it is the 5th.
MJD
Activity: 7
February 13, 2013, 02:54:45 AM
I'd like to be let you out of the newbie section.  I've been reading and dealing with bitcoins since at least January 2012 when GPU's could still make blocks and have high level knowledge of the high level details.  I've read several of the lower deep down bits and have a general understanding.  I'm more of a lurker on this forum, so I haven't made any posts yet.  I don't have any specific issues to post about, just want to be involved with the bigger community.

I'm not sure what to use to prove my knowledge level.  I understand the basics of a block (containing a list of transactions, including the generation transaction), why generating blocks isn't a set number of hashes (changing the nonce to try and find a sha256 hash that is numerically smaller then a constant, defined by the difficulty.  Since each tried nonce is a guess, it is like wining the lottery finding the right number), why the previous description doesn't fully describe what is going on (hash contains other details, including merkle root of transaction list, which contains another nonce in the generation transaction).  I basically understand client communication, with the IRC server being a seed for connections, all clients communicating with random other ones (up to 8 by default), transactions being pushed around over p2p network.  Client side is done by JSON with the various requests in the default client.
Activity: 5
February 13, 2013, 12:47:35 AM
Hi, I have been following and trading in BTC since October 2012 and have been a passive follower on these boards.  After months of following BTC out of pure interest I believe I have enough knowledge to contribute to the community.  I have made a few posts already.
Activity: 14
February 12, 2013, 08:28:12 PM
I'm not a robot! That should be enough, right? Also, I have some specific questions about a transaction held up by a tx referenced in  this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--143266
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
February 12, 2013, 01:57:25 PM
Please oh please let me post. I'd like to discuss LTC pretty please.
Activity: 11
February 12, 2013, 01:39:06 PM
I've been registered with Bitcoin talk for a few years but I've been mostly reading person.
Can I be whitelisted?
February 12, 2013, 10:30:06 AM
I would like to be allowed in the forums. I have an expanding knowledge about bitcoins, how rapidly they fluctuate, and how they are used to purchase by sending it through fake buys to make these purchases completely anonymous. Also, the only reason I want to be allowed in is because I need to get bitcoins quickly and cannot spend as much time online as I want to. I needed to trade my MoneyPak for BitCoins (one of the least efficient methods of getting bitcoins, i know, i know) But that's the only way I am able to get BitCoins at this moment, and any sites that support MoneyPak--> BitCoin (i have a 17$ moneypak for .7 bitcoins) besides the Currency Exchange that doesn't support newbies, feel free to reply them to me! Smiley
February 12, 2013, 07:22:53 AM
Post two, testing Bloom filters wallet implementation
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
February 12, 2013, 04:19:20 AM
Hi,

I'm a real person. I generally prefer reading stuff, but I would rather post something meaningful on the main forum, than spam the Newbies forum, just to earn the post count.

Can you please let me out of here?

Thanks.
Activity: 11
February 11, 2013, 09:16:27 PM
I've been here since July, have 6 (now 7) Posts and I dunno how much time I've spent online here. I know it's more than 4 hours.

Can I bet let out please?
February 11, 2013, 01:42:41 PM
It's annoying, but I understand some scammers would instantly make an account and go for scamming people, so this 4 hour/limit posting thing works. They will instantly go from this site to any other one they can scam from.
Activity: 16
February 11, 2013, 01:19:10 PM
Can I be let go purrdy please  Undecided
Activity: 18
February 11, 2013, 01:06:06 PM
can i get out of here please
February 11, 2013, 09:02:23 AM
Hi,
Testing a new Android wallet app with Bloom filters.
Would like to be able to post my finding on Bitcoin Wallet for Android board.
Can you please whitelist me?

Activity: 2
February 11, 2013, 08:49:16 AM
Whitelist request, my forum username is the same as my IRC name and I can always be found in #bitcoin and #reprap when I'm online. I just recently opened a small online shop (ospwrd.com) that sells PLA 3D printer filament and started accepting Bitcoins last night.

Please bust me out of noob jail, thanks in advance!
Activity: 32
February 10, 2013, 06:43:12 PM
I have been interested in BTC since a presentation at a FOSS conference in Sweden last year (I was a moderator and we had some very interesting people present and Richard Stallman was the keynote).  Anyway, I have been a lurker here for a long time and today I registered so I could contact someone selling on the site (so I can make an offer). I am happy to provide more information upon request, please just PM me.  Thank you.
Activity: 31
February 10, 2013, 11:15:45 AM
I run http://bitcoinvenezuela.com PGP and this is my personal account in the forum.
Jump to: