Pages:
Author

Topic: Whitepaper? Do you really believe 100% in any projects whitepaper?. - page 5. (Read 1681 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Whitepaper is just a guide as to what the project is gonna offer, as in, their roadmap and this should not be used 100% to believe in the success of any ico.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
Whitepaper is very useful to read but later on we can see if the project is progressing according to the WP.
Very often projects update their WPs as sometimes the development goes into other direction as it was written,
or there is a need for some modification. It is normal in any business.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
Whitepaper is not enough to convince a good investor to invest in a project. Personally, whitepaper is only meant to give  me a point on the questions to ask the developers of ICOs, before investing. Only answers to questions will convince me.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Sometimes not all the project's thst have a whitepapers are legit some are scam but 80% of project with whitepapers are scam so always becareful when choosing any project.
Activity: 504
Merit: 115
Silent Reader~
If you don't believe in whitepaper why would you invest your time and money in that project? If I think they lie I will just skip that project.
Not believing in whitepaper does not mean not believing in the project. IMHO, we have to be more selective in choosing ICO project not only on the whitepaper, right?
Activity: 588
Merit: 103
If you don't believe in whitepaper why would you invest your time and money in that project? If I think they lie I will just skip that project.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
Although i read most whitepapers, i do not always believe everything written in them.
Its good to get an impression of a project, but the team can not implement always everything thats in the whitepaper.
Nevertheless, i still recommend to read the whitepaper.
Activity: 147
Merit: 10
Whitepaper is just the thing for you to clearly identify the idea of the project. It does not say the reliability of the project. I always read it, but I don't usually believe in it. The things you should pay attention to is the development team and their reputation, not whitepaper.

Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
I will read the white paper and analyse whether the information make sense. Of course, we can’t rely on the white paper alone to make decision whether to invest or not. I will usually ask developer questions and look out for other factors.
Activity: 301
I always read the whithpaper to understand what this project is about and what terms of its implementation. However, you should not believe everything that there is written because a lot of scam projects had a high-quality whitepaper.
Activity: 209
The whitepaper is the key function of ICO which describe the project and future goals. Since past whitepapers are the most important thing investors are looking forward. But these days people pay less attention to them and many fake and low-quality ICOs destroys the spirit of Whitepaper. In that case, people do not pay much attention to it. Once I saw the complaint post which shows whitepaper full copy of another ICO. So these days we can put 100% trust about the whitepapers because of the scammers.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
of course I want to believe, but not always that we believe it is, I rely on white paper, but still need to think that white paper can be imitated.
Activity: 308
Merit: 4
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
There are some ICOs that looks promising, some of them are fulfilling what is written on their whitepaper and the great example are those successful altcoins. On the other hand, scam ICOs are unavoidable and their whitepapers were only made by ghost writers. I don't rely much on a platform's whitepaper and only keeping my eyes on how active they are to make the project a success.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
First Islamic Crypto Exchange
I think the reason for the failure is the reluctance of the team to further develop the project, or a very narrow idea that does not receive support from
Activity: 700
Merit: 105
APESWAP

obviously not because whitepaper can still be faked . there are also ico's that only copies other infos on other ico because they are only a scam .  but there are also legit ico's that meant to be trusted , therfor reading their whitepapers and any other important info is still verry beneficial and will help you to be more aware about the concept of thier project .
seriously. Trusting wholly on whitepaper is like loving blindingly you get hurt when you feel the real thing and that pain never goes away. The day you discover that the beautiful whitepaper you fell for was copied or was just a plot to take money from unsuspecting persons, you will feel bad. Whitepaper to me, is not a guide for investment decisions.
Activity: 196
actually not 100% I believe. But at least with the whitepaper is very helpful to be able to get the information. The detailed information of a project that is of interest to us. So at the very least, the whitepaper is also one of the assessment that must be considered in choosing a project.
Activity: 39
Newb trying to act cool
I've been looking at ICOs for a few months now, and I've always read their whitepaper. But they are not indicative of the level of success of the ICOs. However, there are some characteristics of the whitepaper that would give me reassurance and persuade me to put hope into the ICO's success, namely the details given in how the ICO will implement its features. I mean, some people didn't even explain how they would achieve whatever they are promising. I don't know if that's just to protect "company secret", but I take it as "empty promises".

Having said that, I will come out and say that I lack experiences when compared to many of the members here. I found some of the replies here interesting, too. I hope you guys can help me understand more, specifically on these:

I honestly don't read the white papers of any project I have invested in.  Just being real about it.  I know most will call you a complete ahole for it but from what I'm seeing the great projects fail to deliver with huge price increase and the bad projects rocket up on a hype pump.  I think there is way more interesting things to look for in a project than a white paper.

When analyzing the ICO project, you need to pay attention not only to white paper, but also to other important factors. If you only pay attention to white paper, you can get on a project that fails.

Hi Camster and _CryptoBrain, what other aspects of an ICO would you recommend newbie pay attention to? Also, do you have a standard of expectation for those criteria? (Maybe the team's marketing has to have 5 years of experience?)
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
I think, there is no need for any investor or trader to believe 100% on a whitepaper. Whitepapers are just a means of communicating the goals of the project to their prospective investors. It comes with many promises which most times don't get actualized. A 100% trust on a whitepaper can be disastrous.
Activity: 364
When considering a project, I pay attention to their white paper. But I can not believe 100% on it because every project is ambitious and they find an argument to persuade investors to believe in their project. In addition to the white paper, I also pay attention to many other issues such as the actual activities of the team, the activities of the project, the reaction of the community ...
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

obviously not because whitepaper can still be faked . there are also ico's that only copies other infos on other ico because they are only a scam .  but there are also legit ico's that meant to be trusted , therfor reading their whitepapers and any other important info is still verry beneficial and will help you to be more aware about the concept of thier project .
Pages:
Jump to: