Pages:
Author

Topic: Who are the richest Bitcoin users and how much do they own? - page 9. (Read 11615 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
In a documentary "The Bitcoin Gospel" with Roger Ver as one of the main characters he said that he bought in early 2011 his first bitcoins worth $25000 at that time and then continued accumulating.So yes he might hold 100k+ bitcoins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zKuoqZLyKg

Start to watch at 7:00 min where he said it.

I believe another person holding a great amount of Bitcoin is Trace Mayor. He is talking about Bitcoin since it was worth  less than a dollar. He seed funded companies like Bitpay, Armory and Kraken.

Winklevoss bros are known to hold a big chunk of coins as well.Since 2012 I believe.

Erik Vorhees sold SatoshiDice for more than 100k coins back in 2013.So he is bitcoin rich as well I'd guess.
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-company-acquisitions-begin-gambling-site-satoshidice-sells-for-11-5m-126315-btc/
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Why do you care?
Also you can't decide that on the rich lists. Because when I buy bitcoin I'm splitting them into 1 BTC blocks so no one can track my fortune like that.
So you can't know who's richest.

Im splitting up my whole half a bitcoin into 100 seperate wallets to really mess things up Wink
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013
DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!
Why do you care?
Also you can't decide that on the rich lists. Because when I buy bitcoin I'm splitting them into 1 BTC blocks so no one can track my fortune like that.
So you can't know who's richest.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Thats the beauty of bitcoin, We wont ever know who are the biggest holders.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Well, Ver is known to be one of the richest Bitcoin users and he seems to be doing fine.

True, the Winklevii claimed a couple years back to have acquired 1% of all Bitcoins if I remember correctly.
Pretty awesome.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250

But who are the other really large holders and how much do they own? Roger Ver? Gavin Andresen?
I remember someone claiming that Ver owns about 300.000 BTC, is there any place where this is confirmed?

Unless they confirm, you can just speculate. I believe the twins have around 100.000 BTC and Gavin Andresen around 40.000 BTC from early mining, but this I read here in the past so it can be way off, though the numbers seems reasonable.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
i know all accounts!

http://www.bitcoinrichlist.com/top100

.....but no names  Tongue
What, never heard of 'the guy from anarkapulco' - I'll check it out.

What makes you think Szabo is a large holder? To me it seems he is more concerned with intellectual exercises than speculation, he probably invests as safe as possible.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
The richest guy with bitcoin is Satoshi who is known to have more than a million BTC. Other than that Nick szabo, and the guy from anarkapulco should be the ones with the biggest amounts of bitcoin.
Yes I forgot Karpeles.

I guess it's quite possible that he has set aside a nice stash after all those years betraying his customers.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
It's impossible to know exactly. Who would brag that he's bitcoin rich? He'd put himself in danger. He would become a target for many scammers and thieves.
Those who say that are whales/bitcoin rich, probably lie for some obvious reasons.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
As you said , you can't get them connected to each other and most of the time people use different addresses to hold multiple amounts of bitcoins so you can't be sure how much they actually own .
Also , most of the time those big addresses are owned by companies and exchanges and not by individuals , so I'd say it's something like this :

1. Satoshi Nakamoto (If he didn't lose his private keys)
2. Mark Karpeles (If he really did the Mtgox scenario)
3. Roger Ver (If he actually owns amount you mentioned) .

As you can see I made in bold "if" because we can never be sure unless they admit that they own those amounts , and for what comes to Gavin , I don't think he holds that much . I'd he probably have less then 100 BTC .
I know Satoshi is claimed to possess 1.1 million BTC (which would be an insane amount)

But who are the other really large holders and how much do they own? Roger Ver? Gavin Andresen?
I remember someone claiming that Ver owns about 300.000 BTC, is there any place where this is confirmed?

I have checked http://www.bitcoinrichlist.com but they only show adresses and we cant know with certainty which of those are connected.

Are there any confirmed large holders, who openly talk about the amount they possess?
Pages:
Jump to: