Pages:
Author

Topic: Who controls the market? - page 6. (Read 32409 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 10
April 20, 2019, 03:18:02 AM
Larger whales control the market and can affect the prices of any decentralized currency. Ordinary players with weak hands have nothing to control, they just float on the waves.
Activity: 588
Minter
April 11, 2019, 02:46:59 PM
I'm not sure that everything is decentralized. I think that big players can influence the market very much. And indicate the direction of the price.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
April 11, 2019, 01:42:23 PM
as far as I know the one who can control the market is a large investor because the big investor has a big impact on the market so that if many investors adopt large-scale coins then the market will quickly increase
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
April 11, 2019, 01:30:40 PM
Like traditional markets, there are some groups of big players who try to manipulate crypto market and gain huge profits but most of bitcoiners have resisted to these speculators by holding their coins without hesitating. These people have lost an amount of money for their belief that ther can be a financial market which can't be controlled by big whales. Thanks to these people for their devotion, because of these brave people bitcoin price is about 5K right now.
 Yeah there are the people who are controlling the market and who are making the price higher day by day, we should also help the market to rise higher by holding, actually panic selling makers price fall and holding makes high, so demand and supply are the two main factors which can affect our crypto market, to some extent whales are also market controllers.
Activity: 686
April 10, 2019, 02:23:43 AM
Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.

It is right nobody controls the cryptocurrency market, but some big whales have been holding a large amount of coins, so they have got the power to influence the market in their own favor. There have been instances when the whales have skillfully manipulated the market, so they would always have influence on the market, but they can't fully control it.

People who are holding a big amount of coins are the people who control the market and we need to be very careful with the little holdings. We should always focus on the market which coins we have to invest and coin we shouldn't because most of the whales will grab high volume potential coins. They can easily turn the market into green and red according to the situations.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
April 10, 2019, 02:00:29 AM
This is a free market practicing a true definition of decentralization. This means that there is no central or single body in absolute control over the market. The market is controlled by the cumulative activities of investors, traders and all crypto users on the market.
It's the investors that are controlling the market, however there are two types of investors, the one is the ordinary investors and the other are the big investors of we called them whales. IMO, the one that is controlling is the WHALES, as they can manipulate the market.
Activity: 672
Merit: 14
April 10, 2019, 12:52:27 AM
This is a free market practicing a true definition of decentralization. This means that there is no central or single body in absolute control over the market. The market is controlled by the cumulative activities of investors, traders and all crypto users on the market.
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
Football Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain
April 10, 2019, 12:45:25 AM
A cryptocurrency is difficult to counterfeit because of this security feature.  In practice, the large conglomerates of Pump and Dump traders that artificially push or pull prices before exiting at a favorable time.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 09, 2019, 11:32:07 PM
I think no one control the market, but indeed there are whales who can buy a lot of coins and can make the price grow or down, but they can't control all crypto market because they will need more money then they have now, they will need to gather more money from a lot of millionares to make more ups and down price.
Whales have enough assets to initiate the panic sell, impetuous pump or to hold a price in some range. Yes, they do not have all amount of btc and top-altcoins but as we see it's not necessary to have control all over the cryptocurrencies to manipulate the market's trend. FOMO and FUD also have a big impact on the market's condition.

I agree to this statement even a big whale cannot control market situation in a long run maybe it can control for short then people cannot control their emotion then follow the price action that causing a pump and dump situation at a first place its hard to know who those people behind the manipulating.
right, they use fomo and fud, to influence the psychology of traders, this is a kind of trap to fulfill their ambitions, and finally they succeed and bring a lot of money. for a healthy market, of course we all control the market

Lol. The fact that they can make transactions to move the market and start a pump or dump, means they have enough money to do that with a lot more to spare. When it comes to control, the people who have lots of assets have us in their hands. That's why its important to know how to ride the splashes and waves they make because that's also how you gain profit.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 116
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 09, 2019, 10:34:29 PM
I think no one control the market, but indeed there are whales who can buy a lot of coins and can make the price grow or down, but they can't control all crypto market because they will need more money then they have now, they will need to gather more money from a lot of millionares to make more ups and down price.
Whales have enough assets to initiate the panic sell, impetuous pump or to hold a price in some range. Yes, they do not have all amount of btc and top-altcoins but as we see it's not necessary to have control all over the cryptocurrencies to manipulate the market's trend. FOMO and FUD also have a big impact on the market's condition.

I agree to this statement even a big whale cannot control market situation in a long run maybe it can control for short then people cannot control their emotion then follow the price action that causing a pump and dump situation at a first place its hard to know who those people behind the manipulating.
right, they use fomo and fud, to influence the psychology of traders, this is a kind of trap to fulfill their ambitions, and finally they succeed and bring a lot of money. for a healthy market, of course we all control the market
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
April 09, 2019, 08:19:37 PM

STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
April 09, 2019, 07:58:24 PM
Quote from: Hanlon's razor is a saying that reads
 Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. In simpler words: some bad things happen not because of people having bad intentions, but because they did not think it through properly.  

You can save yourself alot of effort in life by worrying about these kinds of conspiracy type dynamics.    There is one dynamic that is overwhelming and obvious but its also completely natural, it is the human phenomena.    Its true in every market that the majority are trying to outwit everybody else and gain personally regardless of how it might cost others.    This dynamic I have no doubt was familiar to Satoshi when he was devising this protocol a decade ago.

If a system fails because of whales, because of banks or even governments then it was not fit for purpose really because you can be sure all of those factors will be in play at some point.   I dont think governments or central banks or even agencies connected or funded by those entities are disrupting this market especially now, even China cant especially be blamed.
   Some markets are distorted by government, the 2008 housing debt market was and is heavily related to government but all this is known and public and many consider it a positive influence but any imbalance can easily be a negative and 2008 saw that made obvious.   Today housing is in majority backed by government, so the influence increased.   Massive sections of the debt market are government backed or related, thats known and stated policy and many think it will cause damage eventually.     Point I'm mentioning is, its not deliberately malicious not really, actually the most harm is in theory done while helping.

For MiB  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_Group_on_Financial_Markets#Plunge_Protection_Team
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
April 09, 2019, 07:13:34 PM
I think that the market is controlled by large players in the face of states and just ordinary people who either buy or sell. I would say that the market does not fluctuate because of individual people, but because of successive mass transactions. And the fact that governments buy cryptocurrencies is no secret to anyone.
Where exactly is it proven that governments buy cryptocurrencies and trade them? I've never seen anywhere such news and also don't think this is quite true. Of course, there could be a few people that are working in the government that bought cryptocurrencies but this does not mean governments are buying cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1071
Merit: 500
April 09, 2019, 07:02:40 PM
Like traditional markets, there are some groups of big players who try to manipulate crypto market and gain huge profits but most of bitcoiners have resisted to these speculators by holding their coins without hesitating. These people have lost an amount of money for their belief that ther can be a financial market which can't be controlled by big whales. Thanks to these people for their devotion, because of these brave people bitcoin price is about 5K right now.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
April 09, 2019, 06:37:05 PM
It’s not just that these people call themselves Whales. These are very large capitals that can create almost any position on the cryptocurrency market.
Do you have any idea where these whales are and how they act? In my opinion, rather than being a tricky price, this is better. At least there is no institution that regulates the price. If you want it, the place is obvious.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
April 09, 2019, 05:35:50 PM
The cryptocurrency space is one that is decentralized and so no one controls pricing or the market.
The market moves in the direction of speculation.
And that is what influences pricing most of the time.
It is the only demand and supply which is controlling the market and which is increasing the demand of the market, when more people buy price rises and when more sells so the price falls, but there is another thing which is whales who can do this as when they want to fall the price they intentionally sell huge amount of coin at panic which makes the price down this way they make more money and coin.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
April 09, 2019, 04:25:39 PM
I think that the market is controlled by large players in the face of states and just ordinary people who either buy or sell. I would say that the market does not fluctuate because of individual people, but because of successive mass transactions. And the fact that governments buy cryptocurrencies is no secret to anyone.
Activity: 854
Merit: 253
April 09, 2019, 03:53:17 PM
Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.

It is right nobody controls the cryptocurrency market, but some big whales have been holding a large amount of coins, so they have got the power to influence the market in their own favor. There have been instances when the whales have skillfully manipulated the market, so they would always have influence on the market, but they can't fully control it.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
April 09, 2019, 03:19:25 PM
It's a ridiculous system.

Yet it works (with losses) and if juggling chainsaws gets the wood chopped then it becomes more dangerous to stop.  Thats the scenario we're in now even by their own admission, if you look up an interview by Ben Bernanke former FED chair he says we are in a situation that can never be reversed; 'maybe we can never go home again'

If you want to look further down the road, consider the bank of Japan which has been doing QE programs since the early 1990's and has become entirely ridiculous yet the country isnt in the headlines and the population isnt especially poor just worse off then they would be otherwise I think, some will argue central bank action is far better then the alternatives of a free market.
If you dont care about Japan, you should because they hold 1 trillion in USA debt which is enough to make a splash.   Great contagion, even a player such as Greece has a nasty leverage on Germany the worlds greatest exporter
Activity: 1056
Merit: 251
April 09, 2019, 03:04:41 PM
It’s not just that these people call themselves Whales. These are very large capitals that can create almost any position on the cryptocurrency market.
Pages:
Jump to: