Pages:
Author

Topic: Who is the most important person ever? - page 3. (Read 3942 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
so basically it's now down to a popularity contest between the Christians, the Muslims, the scientists, and the bitcoin/libertarian fanatics. Wonderful.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Jesus Christ is the most important person ever. He created Heaven and Earth and He died on the cross to forgive our sins.

yeah you are right God is great we can't compare God with human beings ! why satoshi nakamoto in this poll!
Activity: 481
Merit: 268
Contrary to others, I have no doubt that Jesus is a historical figure (there are enough historical documents about him). But seeing him as human and God is basically a decision of Constantine. Since all roman emperors were considerer divine, Jesus couldn't be less than that. But even in the Gospel of John there is no clear trace of his divine nature.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Jesus Christ is the most important person ever. He created Heaven and Earth and He died on the cross to forgive our sins.
Activity: 10
Jesus Christ is the most important among them.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
i would say my parents, because the people in the poll did nothing for me  Cheesy

However you can't choose one sigle person for all fields, and those 5 choiches are too few

What do you mean that they did not do anything for you? They are the reason why our society is like what is is today, Christ influence created whole Western Civilization. His teachings are fundamental for our society. Of course Jesus can't give you food or shelter you but his existence had great impact on everyone living now.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
Abraham Lincoln has less than 6 votes and is Eliminated.
Activity: 728
Crypto-ideologist
i would say my parents, because the people in the poll did nothing for me  Cheesy

However you can't choose one sigle person for all fields, and those 5 choiches are too few
Activity: 481
Merit: 268
First you have to establish what criteria to apply. I guess most people will agree that a person is important if he had a positive impact on the life of many others. Probably, saving lives or improving them considerable is a consensual criteria.

So, negative people, like conquerors, war mongers, and others, must be excluded. Even important people like Columbus, should be excluded, since its discoveries provoked millions of deaths on indigenous people between wars and diseases.

I prefer also to leave aside religious people, since they are controversial. Many had an important positive impact, but some were also cause of wars, executions, repressions, terrorism, etc. (I know, excluding religious people is very controversial also).

Also people of great intellectual impact must also be excluded if their thoughts didn't cause a direct practical improvement on the life of others (so forget about Einstein, Darwin, Plato, Aristotle, etc.; and even Newton or Galileo).

I also think artists didn't improve life enough (they shore help a lot, but...), so forget about Mozart, Beethoven, the Beatles or even Da Vinci.

My guy: Alexander Fleming (he doesn't even is on the 100 Time list: http://ideas.time.com/2013/12/10/whos-biggest-the-100-most-significant-figures-in-history/).

You don't have a clue what he did... Google is your friend.

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Satoshi
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
The most important person to us is ourselves.

This x 1 mirrion.  Without me all of those other people would not matter.

Activity: 37
Jesus Christ
Activity: 14
Jesus Christ - the king of all kings and the Lord of all Lords.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
1) Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ.
Activity: 504
eidoo wallet
The buddha and Julius Caesar have less than 4 votes, so they are eliminated.
Activity: 11
Jesus Christ is the most important because he is God.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 263
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
Capt. John Sheridan

Activity: 840
Merit: 509
My parents. Without them I wouldn’t be here.

You quite literally wouldn't be here lol. I'm not sure who the most important person is to me. I dont really have any heroes perse.
Pages:
Jump to: