Pages:
Author

Topic: Who uses myetherwallet? - page 33. (Read 12944 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
February 05, 2018, 12:49:46 PM
Already the second message about a fake app in Google Play. They need to release their own app, so that in the future there are no such problems.
copper member
Activity: 588
Merit: 17
February 04, 2018, 10:33:44 PM
Who uses this wallet? - https://www.myetherwallet.com/
What say about him?
I am using MyEtherWallet. Earlier it was so good and services were very good. But now it is the most expensive wallet and services are very poor. More over security is only single layer that is private key. If you lost of hack your private key your all coin and token gone. No way to change key or stop transaction.
MyEtherWallet only has one layer of security, but can it be hacked easily? I think not. There are a lot of people using MyEtherWallet and they have responded very well. I am using MyEtherWallet and it's really convenient.
You can access very quickly into your wallet and the security is absolutely fine. If you suspect the security of MyEtherWallet then I think you should spend money to buy a cold wallet.
The security of cold wallet is great, but you will spend a lot of money to own it. You should consider before deciding to buy.

It really depends on Ethereum purpose:
1) buy and hodl - the cold wallet is the best solution;
2) often transfers to exchanges, investments to ICO - MyEtherwallet should work well;
3) and a lot of trades simply keep ETH on their exchange accounts, which is more risky of course.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
UniDApp - it's DeFi time!
February 04, 2018, 12:40:30 PM
What say about him?
I am using MyEtherWallet. Earlier it was so good and services were very good. But now it is the most expensive wallet and services are very poor. More over security is only single layer that is private key. If you lost of hack your private key your all coin and token gone. No way to change key or stop transaction.
MyEtherWallet only has one layer of security, but can it be hacked easily? I think not. There are a lot of people using MyEtherWallet and they have responded very well. I am using MyEtherWallet and it's really convenient.
You can access very quickly into your wallet and the security is absolutely fine. If you suspect the security of MyEtherWallet then I think you should spend money to buy a cold wallet.
The security of cold wallet is great, but you will spend a lot of money to own it. You should consider before deciding to buy.
Activity: 252
Merit: 102
February 04, 2018, 12:34:22 PM
What say about him?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 04, 2018, 11:42:18 AM
I am using My Ether Wallet and I am very happy with this it's secure and very easy to use you just need to keep your private keys secure and you do not need to worry about anything. Its the best wallet for Ethereum Based tokens and we can also keep our ICO coin in My Ether Wallet which is not yet added to any exchange so its best wallet according to me.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 04, 2018, 11:40:03 AM
I'm one of the etherwallet users today
because of its nice opportunities
like many tokens that you can buy on Ether after you exchange dollars, and different types of tokens today that you can trade in dollars, MyEtherWallet gives you the ability to generate new wallets so you can store your Ether yourself, not on an exchange. This process happens entirely on your computer, not our servers. Therefore, when you generate a new wallet, you are responsible for safely backing it up.
Activity: 122
February 04, 2018, 11:18:41 AM
Etherwallet is one of the legitimate wallets because your earnings are very secure and can not be hacked solely because of the security system but it is still a dangerous thing to do online because of the hackers. The etherwallet I use because it's easy and there are security called private key that you really know and protect your earnings really.
Activity: 154
Merit: 11
February 04, 2018, 11:18:00 AM
most people does. they even have multiple wallets. but myetherwallet is actually safe but of course it will not be protected 100% especially when exposed from hackers. some advices to use hardware wallet but i don't know how effective it is to use a hardware like that since i haven't tried it.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
February 04, 2018, 11:15:04 AM
Use MEW "offline" is works great and its more secure, only talks to their API.

https://github.com/kvhnuke/etherwallet/releases/
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
February 04, 2018, 11:06:39 AM
i  use myetherwallet because it's my only wallet I trusted for now and friends suggestion for me, and many people using it to there campaign they joined.
copper member
February 04, 2018, 11:01:05 AM
actually i don't use myetherwallet. metamask is more security than myetherwallet. I am afraid to enter privatekey anywhere. I will buy a ledger nano s soon.

Interesting  point. Why do you think Metamask is more secure than MyEtherWallet?

So what about Metamask security comparing to MyEtherWallet?
Any Metamask users here to share experience?  Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
February 04, 2018, 08:41:11 AM
I use MEW from long time, and I never had reasons to worry about it.
But when I see so many people to complain about security issues, I really start to think that may be there are problem that I don't know or I'm not aware of them.
Let me understand: if you don't lose you private key, no hacker attacks your computer, you don't go to a phishing site, what can really happen?
Are there other ways you can be screwed? Let me know.
Activity: 128
February 03, 2018, 03:25:21 PM
I'm using this purse. My friends advised me to use only a checked wallet. He is reliable, and I do not know cases of burglary or theft. But you must remember, a lot of sites are scams. They are disguised as him. Therefore, always look in the address bar.
Activity: 490
Merit: 105
February 03, 2018, 03:20:33 PM
What say about him?
A very easy to use wallet for the Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens. If you want to participate in bounty or invest in ICO Myetherwallet is the best choice, need always check address to avoid fishing.
Activity: 318
Merit: 100
February 03, 2018, 02:45:59 PM
I think anyone can use them because owning a wallet MEW is easy and safe. Almost there are a lot of people using them and it is approved in trading platforms as well as ICOs, bonus campaigns, etc.
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
February 03, 2018, 02:29:50 PM
I do, almost everyday. I say he is great and one of the best if not best secure wallets out there. Do be careful for phising and make sure the link at the top is the same as they say on the page you dont want to log in and

give anybody else access to your private keys due to logging or another scam reason.

I agree I use them too. I believe they are as secure as ledger wallet. Those phishing attack is probably the biggest problem that myetherwallet(well the user )faces daily.
Activity: 29
Merit: 3
CIBUS FOOD Ecosystem
February 03, 2018, 02:27:13 PM
I use MEW and I love it. MEW being MyEtherWallet. The security is great and it is very user friendly. Most Ico's or cryptocurrency require to have a MEW or another qualified and trusted wallet. I always feel secure using my MEW.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
February 03, 2018, 02:19:45 PM
MyEtherWallet is probably the best and most reliable purse, and this for several reasons. First, it is a decentralized wallet, which means that it is non-commercial, and no one needs to get something from the rental or removing the coins (which is very important), and secondly, the platform does not store any private or public keys, which makes it extremely safe, but at the same time, you run the risk of losing these keys yourself, what if this happens, you will not be able to get them from MyEtherWalle. This is still the safest and best and probably the most widely used purse. Use MyEtherWalle along with Ledger Wallet, best wallet or Digital Bitbox
copper member
February 03, 2018, 01:36:35 PM
actually i don't use myetherwallet. metamask is more security than myetherwallet. I am afraid to enter privatekey anywhere. I will buy a ledger nano s soon.

Interesting  point. Why do you think Metamask is more secure than MyEtherWallet?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000
February 03, 2018, 01:33:58 PM
Pages:
Jump to: