Pages:
Author

Topic: Who would you like on a Bitcoin Council that represented the BTC community? - page 5. (Read 6304 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
If Bitcoin Counsil ever gets created, I will support it, competition is good. But too often these things end up with good wishes only; hope I'm wrong. I nominate Erik Voorhees!
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
I could see having a Bitcoin Council as a counterweight to the Bitcoin Foundation to compensate for the BF's perceived big-business orientation, and maybe even a Bitcoin Miners' Board. Any weaknesses in the Bitcoin Foundation, such as under-representation of miners, will engender the formation and growth of competing foundations.

If the Bitcoin Foundation does an excellent job in all areas these competitors will gain little traction, but the moment the BF screws up or appears dangerous to a significant number of people (as may have already happened) these competitors will experience a surge in membership and influence.

Let a thousand foundations bloom!
legendary
Activity: 905
Merit: 1011
No council would represent me.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
Nanotube should be there since he runs bitcoin-otc

Theymos ,Graet, MrTiggr, slush, Stephen Gornick.

Falkvinge should be invited to sit on the board.

Cascascius and  Death and Taxes.

The  president should be left open for satoshi in perpetuity and maybe Evorhees as the Executive Director.

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
I nominate Theymos

That's because you are one dick eating MF'r.  Just kidding.

I nominate Gornick.

legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?
I only have about 200 other things to work on, so I'm down for organizing this.

When do you think this would come into play? Meaning how will we put this to use?
legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?
Gavin is kind of a given Tongue

If you want to think of a way to find good people for this: who has the ambition and entrepreneurship like Matthew, AND knows when to shut up and nod, and maybe has some degree of respect for others, and manners, too?
legendary
Activity: 1498
I nominate Mike Hearn
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
I nominate Theymos
vip
Activity: 840
Who would you like on a Bitcoin Council that represented the whole BTC community and it's spirit?

As we all know "The Bitcoin Foundation" is industry heavy and was created to pay tax free for the development of BTC. Now I think this foundation is fine however I think the name is a bit misleading as it clearly does not represent all of BTC and its ideals.

If there was a group of people that debated and made recommendations to pool operators, miners and industry who would you want to hear from, who would you trust?

Thanks.

Pages:
Jump to: