Pages:
Author

Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold? - page 27. (Read 2666 times)

MiF
Activity: 1400
Merit: 258
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
February 11, 2018, 04:42:18 AM
Hi all,

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

Regards.

yes the statement you have is true because if they sell and panic then they just get a loss, a trader must have a very high level of patience to not easily affected with others and not easily panic.
Well everyone really think that holding is the best thing to do right now because it is really profitable to hold than to sell in a panic way.I believe that holding is really great specially when the price dump many of us here maybe has an experience of gaining a huge amount because they really wait for the right time to sell during the price rise.
Activity: 926
Merit: 100
February 11, 2018, 04:20:14 AM
Hi all,

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

Regards.

yes the statement you have is true because if they sell and panic then they just get a loss, a trader must have a very high level of patience to not easily affected with others and not easily panic.
Activity: 203
Merit: 10
February 11, 2018, 03:39:20 AM
Commonly when the price is low we will assume to sell our coins before we totally lose it, but its the other way around yes as of today the price of most coins are down but we all know the price of those coins are volatile, and there is a hugh probability that it will increase it price so we are just holding what we have so that when the price increase we will earn a lot of profit. Though it is risky i believe in the coins i invest in so its just a matter of taking risk.
Activity: 294
Merit: 0
February 11, 2018, 02:40:06 AM
Every body has effected by penic when the market is going to low.Many investor try to sell their coin as a result all are seller but no buyer.I think it is wise advise that hold your coin because penic sell dose not bring advantage except disadvantage. so I hold your coin and observe some days.
Activity: 336
Merit: 106
February 10, 2018, 07:50:26 PM
I think they suggest to hold because they are expecting that it will grow higher and they get some or they can make there investment doubled.
This is also a test of patience but of course there is corresponding consequence. You must be ready for it.

Their confidence in bitcoin makes them believe that they will have high profits in the future. If they believe there to be potential in the coin, then holding it would yield to huge profits in the future. This encourages them to hold btc or even other coins for a long period of time. Also, holding has less risk as compared to short or day trading. If you have the time and patience not to spend or use a coin, then it's best to hold since there is the chance of gaining more profits in the future. There may be chance of losing but in the long run, holding would be worth it just like how it did for the early adopters of BTC.
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
February 10, 2018, 06:56:09 PM
Because holding is the safest way than short trading. I would be that simple if you knew, that it will fall even more tomorrow or next week.  So I guess it's safer just to hold.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
February 10, 2018, 06:21:14 PM
Because almost everybody knows that the crypto world is in a continuous expansion, and so the  crypto are meant to be used and their value arise. obviously the important thing is to know wher to invest
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
February 10, 2018, 06:05:15 PM
Almost all of the people suggesting to HODL have been involved long enough in the Bitcoin market to witness it grow from a three figures to a five figure value in the past year and it comes as no surprise that they would suggest everyone to HODL in this bearish trend. The eventual rebound is bound to happen sooner or later and those who would've held on patiently will be the ultimate winners.

In any market, including the cryptocurrency market, every investment or venture is often done for the sake of profit, thus, if you would sell or get rid of your assets when the market is down would actually defeat the purpose of why you're investing at all. I doubt that a person would invest just to see it burn to ashes and amount to a loss, which means that, why would you sell when you can get zero profit from it, or worse, a negativeven profit. Holding is the best move to do and just wait out the fall down.
It is incredible how fast people forget the reason they got into crypto in the first place, any investment no matter how big or how small is done to make money out of it and selling when the price has dropped is a fast way to lose money and never get it back, if you bought at a high price then we mus hold, after all is not like bitcoin is going to disappear, bitcoin is still as strong as it was a few months ago so the price will recover with time.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
February 09, 2018, 04:46:44 AM
Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
The reason people will tell you to hold is because there is still hope and very soon, Bitcoin will rise back up. This is a normal thing, and also we are still in the early time of the year, so we shouldn’t be talking about price rising yet. Bitcoin has made a heavy run in 2017, and took a break at the end… so we should just have patience and see what happens. You might withdraw and miss the next opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
February 09, 2018, 04:34:22 AM
Every one is suggesting the holding because they have know the the crypto behavior if you have purchased bitcoin in the past a higher price than now then the holding is better than the selling of bitcoin it is highly good and profitable when the price rise there is a chance of selling at a high price if you are not welling to sell then you can use this for another purpose as well. The market movements and the people are now coming to the bitcoin for making the profits.

just because everyone is saying hodl  does it mean they are right and should be followed? Hell no,  not all the times their predictions is correct because they are also humans and they cannot posibly see or predict on what will happen on the crypto market. You should still the one who decides on what to do because that is your money at the first place.  just always remeber that there is always a risk on everything therfor you better know the consequences before you venture the unknown road.

Well prediction maybe wrong today, but it maybe correct tomorrow.  That is why people suggest holding because the Bitcoin market is still very promising and the moment you let go of your coins today and the next week it soar high (the price), you have lost your profit.  Aside from that, it is not always wise to sell your coin after sometime when Bitcoin started to dip, best time is sell before the price goes down and buy back at the bottom.  Selling Bitcoin at the bottom of its price is never been a wise decision unless you really need the money.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
February 09, 2018, 04:21:40 AM
Every one is suggesting the holding because they have know the the crypto behavior if you have purchased bitcoin in the past a higher price than now then the holding is better than the selling of bitcoin it is highly good and profitable when the price rise there is a chance of selling at a high price if you are not welling to sell then you can use this for another purpose as well. The market movements and the people are now coming to the bitcoin for making the profits.

just because everyone is saying hodl  does it mean they are right and should be followed? Hell no,  not all the times their predictions is correct because they are also humans and they cannot posibly see or predict on what will happen on the crypto market. You should still the one who decides on what to do because that is your money at the first place.  just always remeber that there is always a risk on everything therfor you better know the consequences before you venture the unknown road.
Activity: 691
February 09, 2018, 04:13:22 AM
Hold is gold for cryptocurrency traders.I suggest you, if you gained 2x or 3x  profit from your hold coin then convert your token to usdt.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
February 09, 2018, 03:55:13 AM
It is up to the person own judgement that the bitcoin is growing now so they suggest to hold because if at this stage they sold their bitcoin the market will be disturbed the supply is already high hand there should be no more selling good. The market indication showing the positive growth in the crypto currency and now the people are happy with the price rise  some time a transaction occur which causes the price rise for a very long time.
Activity: 378
February 09, 2018, 03:31:00 AM
copper member
Activity: 672
Merit: 270
February 09, 2018, 03:11:53 AM
because people are believing bitcoin go back again at same price, thats the reason the veterans bitcoiner are not panicking in times of crisis in the bitcoin or cryptos price down fall into the marketcap. is because they all are strongly stand for bitcoin is the most powerful digital currency among us, even have an many fuds about bitcoin.
if the price of bitcoin bounce back again the holder are got good profits because of their faith for bitcoin giving great earning because of the holding priciple which is that truly i agree.
Which is now is the most preferable thing to do because even me I believe that today is just a natural thing that happened in bitcoin. For me this time is just a temporary state that sooner it will change and return back to its natural thing. Bitcoin today is just correcting the price, so I expect that it will return back.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
February 09, 2018, 02:22:40 AM
As we can see now the market is down for 5 reason and one of this was the chinese new year. China has a big pupolation that cause the market crash. So we havent a choice to sell.    Everything said hold .
Imo the chinese new year won't be that impactful to the price of bitcoin even though other countries also celebrate the event it's not that huge of a holiday compared to Christmas.

We always have these two choices (hold or sell) available to us when bitcoin starts to increase or lose it's value. Buying is optional if you want to increase your invesments.

Most of us (including myself) suggests on holding their investment because we know there's still room for recovery but at the same time we are still at risk of losing money. Selling won't do any help because your just cutting off your losses.
Activity: 196
February 09, 2018, 01:36:32 AM
There are two way to start trading one is hold and other is day trading, most of the people suggest for hold because if you buy some altcoin and couple of days later those altcoin price will be dump and if you sell when market is dump and you lose your money so everybody suggest to hold because when market pump you sell your altcoin.
Activity: 467
Merit: 251
https://t.me/xwshamim
February 09, 2018, 12:00:25 AM
because everything goes down comes up  Grin and in crypto world there is no loss if you hold when you are in loss maybe after 6 month or 1 year you will get what you invested thats the cool thing of crypto
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
February 08, 2018, 11:56:25 PM
Hi all,
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Regards.
Everyone advised you to hold at this time because the market is facing very bad news that bitcoin prices continue to fall. But we can see in the last two days bitcoin prices have begun to rebound from $ 6,000 to $ 8700. I think it is the right price for you to sell. As I analyze the next bitcoin price will continue to decrease due to selling power is so great that bitcoin can not continue to increase prices.
Activity: 327
Merit: 11
February 08, 2018, 11:49:56 PM
Hi all,

Regards.
Because hodling is simpler and have proven to be the strongest strategy. In other words, it's lazy man's best strategy, especially in trading. And also you already have the answer in your post. It's pseudo crypto pros. I think it needs some clarification though. What pseudo crypto pros, trading or understanding of the innovation? Almost everybody is hoping to moon, which we also can't say unrealistic, while market reality is also there. It just depends on which aspect you want to deal with, hoping to moon or taking advantage of the market reality. Although, it takes patience and your time and energy with the latter.
Pages:
Jump to: