Pages:
Author

Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold? - page 25. (Read 2666 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
February 13, 2018, 07:58:11 AM
simply because, the full capacity of crypto is still unripe, or should I say too the technology behind crypto is so powerful and not yet fully applicable. and the numbers says its it's only around lees than 5% of the total population of the world is using crypto. thats why everybody suggest HODL!
Activity: 560
Merit: 22
February 13, 2018, 06:15:52 AM
Holding a coin if you believe in the future of the project is certainly one way of going at it.

Holding because you hope it will be ath or higher in the near future, not sure if you should hold.

Selling high, buying low is nice on paper, but often very difficult, and not everyone has the guts to do this (especially those with small pf's).

I just hold my main coins, hoping/assuming it will reach new ath's when total mc goes up again.

My other coins are out of my pf as soon as btc drops.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
February 13, 2018, 05:55:04 AM
Holding is an eays way to make money. Make the right choices and you could see your coins rising quite nicely without lifting a finger.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
February 13, 2018, 05:52:56 AM
It is logical. Those that hold their coin control the market price of that coin! If everyone that hold a coin sell their coin, there will be zero price for such coin. Apart from the fact that holder control the price, there us also a need for stability of coin price when is in it's developmental stage!
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 04:58:39 AM
The answer for your question is, because they believe that it prices will rises up and you won't get loss.
But myself depends on the condition, if you able to predict that the price will go lower than you should choose how much you can stand if you do cut loss, then wait until the market bounce. That when you have to buy back. And you will get more profit more.
Activity: 476
February 13, 2018, 04:55:34 AM
Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
It is bcause holding can make our money to grow. There are now many people who proved that holding can generate big amount of money. I holding my coins because I know I can easily double my investment.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
February 13, 2018, 04:54:58 AM
Hi all,
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Regards.

Basically, everybody is just afraid of taking a loss in their trading, and they intend to wait to recover those losses by holding, and not a positive way of doing for me.
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
February 13, 2018, 04:52:04 AM
This is the main question I am receiving nowadays. Ok, here we go. I would choose between these three options depending on how much time you have and want to spend in cryptocurrency.
-If you have no extra time, buy Bitcoin and hold it till it increases in value.
-If you have some extra time, Buy bitcoins, invest in a program and inspire more people to do so.
-If you have a lot of time buy Bitcoins, daytrade with altcoins and accumulate more bitcoins.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
February 13, 2018, 04:36:20 AM
Its the only option that we got in this dip.I agree that we should sale when the dip starts but not everyone gets to know when is this starting.Some who are relatively new can't predict whether it is a dip or not.And this hold option is only for those who gets trapped in this crash and panics.As they are already in loss and if they sell their stakes in crash than that would completely stupid that's why people tell them to hold.
In my opinion the days of waiting are over now, the decline will no longer be there. The reason why everybody suggest to hold is just that we have a strong believe that its price is going to increase again and the one with the element of patience will only be rewarded because he was the one who had the patience to wait for the prices to go up, because there are many cases where people just sold all of whatever they had just because they were reluctant to wait or they get panicked looking at the prices.
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
February 13, 2018, 04:30:07 AM
Because they think all crypto will going up in the long term but in fact not like that, because when any bad news and FUD at the same time all crypto will big crash , and when that happen we should have skill and time to minimize the risk of invesment.
Merit: 101
February 13, 2018, 04:06:34 AM
IMO, only HODL on to promising coins with an active GitHub and/or other developments + if their MCAP is greater than ~20Mil USD.
Anything below that is too high a risk to HODL in my opinion.

good things to consider but during the times when there is a price drop in bitcoin which is then causes the market wide dump it is not such a wise choice to keep on holding altcoins that are dropping so fast and hard. there are altcoins with big market cap that lost 70-80% of their value and they won't recover from this big dump for months until their next pump starts.
This is the suggestion which is being given by most of the experts to all those who are there in this stuff especially the ones who are new to this field. This is because of the reason that holding of the coin and that too at the time of dump is the only thing which can help you in staying away from any kind of loss or anything which can make you feel upset in the days to come. Moreover, holding is also the best thing to do as it helps you to have greater money at the end.
Activity: 308
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
February 13, 2018, 02:32:37 AM
If you are not a trader and don't have time to monitor your coins its better to hold because a potential coin will surely give you gain in long term.
Activity: 350
February 13, 2018, 01:57:27 AM
simply, because there is a possibility that the value will increased,a fter all I could say, it's the most awaited event if the price goes up many will be interested in trading and earned a lot.
Activity: 952
Merit: 274
February 12, 2018, 02:02:12 AM
Hi all,

Regards.
The term HODL existed because many people became rich by holding bitcoins. The bitcoin is becoming more valuable so all of the people are prefer to hold their bitcoins.
Merit: 102
February 12, 2018, 01:54:02 AM
you can't understand until you do that. Every year price of major Crypto Currency increasing rapidly. New investor coming so it's very easy to understand it if you hold you will get decent profit. But choice is yours.
We have heard from many people about holding onto the bitcoin in the crucial times just like the time we are just facing, the prices are low, business is down. At this time all we have to do is to hold on and show patience. It is a convention of every business that you wait for the right time to sell out your shares and obviously that right time is when you the prices are high comparative to the prices when you invested. Now exactly is the same situation, we should wait for the prices to go up and believe that it will happen and things will work for us.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
February 11, 2018, 05:10:47 PM

This area of your writing interest me. You dont actually know what the market will lead to most times and this is why it is called an internet business, you don't have face to face contact with fellow business counterparts. And therefore, anything can happen whether you hodl or sell off.
Activity: 378
Merit: 19
Xch4nge.com
February 11, 2018, 04:30:53 PM
Hi all,

Very good topics.
Suggesting someone to hold is a positive suggestion, with holding at least can protect crypto value from fallout. A pro crypto (the wise) always giving positive suggestions in accordance with the circumstances which are going on (both when the occurrence of decreases nor increase).
Activity: 175
February 11, 2018, 04:13:07 PM
I think holding your bitcoin this time will lessen the risk of loosing your savings or all your money that you earn.Hold your bitcoin for a litle bit and wait for the price to go higher.
Activity: 1491
Merit: 320
🐪
February 11, 2018, 03:41:44 PM
When you hodl you are practically immune to pump and dumps / other market manipulations. Plus you don't have to actively trade. You can just leave your coins on wallet and don't worry about following the market in media. There is one great post on this theme:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-am-hodling-375643
Activity: 175
February 11, 2018, 03:35:13 PM
Almost everybody are suggesting to hold its because of the price of bitcoin today,we are all aware what is the price right now.They are holding to wait for the right price that will satisfied them.
Pages:
Jump to: