Pages:
Author

Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold? - page 22. (Read 2666 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 256
February 18, 2018, 03:25:06 AM
The choice is always yours when you are making your own investment strategies. From stock market down to crypto trading, holding is one of the best strategies when you are looking for a sure income and this is less risky if you compare to trading. Newbies and other investors who are not skilled in trading should try hodling their coins first while they are still learning the market of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 966
Merit: 552
February 18, 2018, 03:24:13 AM
That's right, of course holding would be more profitable especially if the price goes down then the best option is to hold because if you sell then you will lose.
Yep we will not be losing the values of money if we are still holding the coins and it is good for long time investment due to the history reapeat its self, sometime the price of digital coins will be back again we just need close the markets for couples months later and usually the price goes up again( digital coins are always fast in the recovery their price), the investors will always hold although it will takes long time yearly and never do cut lost.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
February 18, 2018, 02:52:16 AM
It's just a suggestion and the choice to do it or not is still yours but for veteran traders, it's really the good thing to do when we are in a very bad crash period. Because everytime you sell, you cut the possible multipliers on the next month or years and that's more disappointing that losses.
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
February 18, 2018, 01:14:41 AM
That's right, of course holding would be more profitable especially if the price goes down then the best option is to hold because if you sell then you will lose.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
February 18, 2018, 12:07:48 AM
Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.

I understand why people always advise to withhold, because this is because people in the crypto room easily panic when the price drops occur. That's why you do not listen to people's opinions on what to do with your money. But of course, you could have sold a few days ago that would be better for you. But did you know that the price drop will happen and what day will it happen? Maybe not true?
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
February 17, 2018, 12:30:31 PM
Every one is suggesting the holding because they have know the the crypto behavior if you have purchased bitcoin in the past a higher price than now then the holding is better than the selling of bitcoin it is highly good and profitable when the price rise there is a chance of selling at a high price if you are not welling to sell then you can use this for another purpose as well. The market movements and the people are now coming to the bitcoin for making the profits.

just because everyone is saying hodl  does it mean they are right and should be followed? Hell no,  not all the times their predictions is correct because they are also humans and they cannot posibly see or predict on what will happen on the crypto market. You should still the one who decides on what to do because that is your money at the first place.  just always remeber that there is always a risk on everything therfor you better know the consequences before you venture the unknown road.
The whole point of holding is to reduce the possibilities of making mistakes by taking bad decisions, those that day trade are exposed to this risk more than anyone, those that hold are the ones exposed the least, and following this simple advice I will guarantee you that if we grabbed 10 holders that held for 5 years and 10 traders that traded for those same 5 years you will see that in average the holders got better results.

There is one theory in mathematics saying that in the stock markets, you reduce the risk while holding assets in longer periods of time. You increase your risk if you hold them in shorter periods. This is why.
It is not even a theory it is a proven fact, many studies have been carried about it and the results are always the same, those that hold for a long time their stocks, bonds or in this case bitcoin and altcoins get better results than 75% of the traders, think about it, you can outperform most traders by doing absolutely nothing and most traders will not get those results consistently so in the long run you will outperform almost all the traders.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
February 17, 2018, 08:00:20 AM
It is quite natural that correction would take place in the market, so after the correction the market would recover again. That is why everybody is suggesting to hold.
Activity: 350
February 17, 2018, 07:55:16 AM
Usually the momentum of coins esp. Bitcoin is going up as the time pass by. This makes them wonder to invest and hold because they anticipate by the time comes that kind of theory will make them soar up to greener pasture.
Activity: 210
February 17, 2018, 04:44:45 AM
Historically, if you align your portfolio for the long term, you're more likely to make money. The greatest aspect of it is that, it is the easiest anyone can do. With long-term investing there are no hassles about learning different trading styles or platforms. Holding is one way of foregoing the stress of day trading that it almost entirely removes your emotions from the equation.

Activity: 123
Merit: 0
February 16, 2018, 08:41:48 PM
Maybe they are just being cautious since there's no much changes since 2018 start. Somehow, they are afraid to risk more without being secured that they wouldn't have any lost at the end.
Activity: 392
platform for everyday business
February 16, 2018, 06:56:54 PM
Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.

Everybody is suggesting  to hold your  investment account because they know that it will grow someday and back to its normal circulation,just like happen now in  bitcoin,after a three consecutive dropping of its value price  people in a FUD decision,other are panic selling there investment,why mostly of the bitcoiner,is just holding there bitcoin,because they  have a still believe that bitcoin will rise again its value price in the blockchain.
Activity: 358
February 16, 2018, 05:41:27 PM
Why do you have to sell when the market move against you . You need to be patient and let the storm calm before selling your asset. Holing of stocks is a classic trading strategy that need to be augmented into any trader lifestyle.
Activity: 413
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 16, 2018, 04:17:57 PM
Well, the best thing to rather than to cut-loss is just to hold and wait for the market to recover. Just think of it, why would you sell something if you know that you will incur losses, if at the mean time you don't really need to cash-out or if you have no plans of cashing out your crypto money yet. People tend to panic sell because of being to emotional during the market crash.
Activity: 258
The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export
February 16, 2018, 03:44:40 PM
Quite simply because it is an easier strategy to implement than trading. Also you don't have to stress and worry about whether your predictions will come true or not you can get in and out at one single time. Makes the game a whole lot easier and I would advocate this approach for all beginners, and intermediate players in the game.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
February 16, 2018, 03:21:01 PM
If everybody will hold their coin/token the supply will be limited thus the demand will increase. If everybody sells out then the price will decrease since no one wants it. If you plan to sell it right away the price will be based on how much you sold it. So make sure you sell it on a high price or better yet, hodl it til its worth something. Wink
payment to be sure that the price will be high? Well, we invested in Bitcoin at the level of $ 15,000, in the hope that the coin will again return to $ 20,000, but this did not happen.
Activity: 125
Get your share of the future!
February 16, 2018, 02:09:47 PM
If everybody will hold their coin/token the supply will be limited thus the demand will increase. If everybody sells out then the price will decrease since no one wants it. If you plan to sell it right away the price will be based on how much you sold it. So make sure you sell it on a high price or better yet, hodl it til its worth something. Wink
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
February 16, 2018, 02:09:14 PM
Well there is something called stop loss , holding won't help you always , sometimes you should sell as soon as possible if you find out a coin becomes scam!
people have different ideas so you should do your own research before taking any decision in the market .
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270
February 16, 2018, 02:03:32 PM
If you sell price will go down. If everyone sell market will crash.
If you hold nothing will change, but if everyone hold, no one sell and someone buy, price will go up and it benefits everyone who want to sell and make profit. It is magic circle. 
I don't see any other reason why everyone is suggesting to hold.
Activity: 286
Merit: 8
February 16, 2018, 01:41:58 PM
Because they love bitcoin from the heart,Although the interests of the community are paramount today
But pure love is enough to hold it  Kiss
No Bitcoin No Blockchain ,man
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
February 16, 2018, 12:43:35 PM
Everyone tells to hold you bitcoin because panic selling will not help make the situation better. It will just worsen the situation, if you keep on panic selling your btc at a lower price, this will aggravate the situation since the trust is gone that price will go down ever lower.  Therefore, holding will help reduce our losses because the market right now is really not so good, long patience will get us to reach our goal at a perfect time.
Good explanation while some other people have a FoMo now because bitcoins price has rise and we are in a good uptrend,those who have told but not hold their altcoins or bitcoins more likely to loss and will be buy again in the price now that is a high than before. I turn to believe that it may down more up to 4k dollars and yet luckily i didn't sold any.

So do you almost sell yours if it touch $4k? Yes you are lucky not to sell it because after that you will se the price bullish.
This small bullish is very good because the price up not so rapidly. Its very slow but i think this much better rather than goes up rapidly and down again deeper. Its not what i expect.
Pages:
Jump to: