Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are people cheering that ASICMINER will bring 800-1000TH online this year? - page 5. (Read 9200 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Activity: 207
This thread is amazing.  So much impotent rage!  Roll Eyes
Activity: 224
You can't kill math.
Well, you are free to buy stocks in ASICMiner if you do think they'll continue to do as well as they have.  So it's fair enough in that sense.

I am more worried that they will kill the price of BTC.  When mining is distributed, more of the miners keep the BTC or maybe spend it (I am a seller so I do have bias).  I do not see ASICminer spending BTC of things in the community, it could happen but it is not what they are set up to do.  

Basically ASICminer is a drain on the community.  This does not mean they are doing anything wrong or should be stopped, it is just in most small miners interest not to support them.   You buy a USB stick from them, you allow them to put up an equal (or greater) amount of hash power to balance out their share of the network.   Certainly they can put up a lot more hash power with $100 then they are selling for $100.  Same goes with blade sales.  Also so far, most buyers from ASICminer simply paid too much for the product.  

THIS!

What are you talking about? People spending bitcoins is irrelevant of whether AM or AM products do the mining. That will come from advancements and mainstreaming over time. People will need to purchase the coins. If miners are holding, then the price goes up as demand increases.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
I'd consider fair price the one that doesn't need 3 lifes to meet ROI from dividends in such unpredictable and risky business like BTC.

It's absolutely crazy price, even 1 BTC for share is huge one in such a risky business, 4+ BTC is wow, I don't have words.

I know people are now expecting that they might sell it for more but it has to stop somewhere and buying it at this point is grrr ...

.. and much earlier too though I obviously underestimated people's irrational economic behavior in BTC market and refused to buy it when it was below 1 BTC though I'm not complaining, I'm pretty much on same gain by trading and learned much more than I would with holding AM share.

There's just no a single economic justification for Am share price, it's amazingly lunatic one.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
The cat is out of the bag, there's no coming back... Bitcoin mining is already taken over by few guys, few more will take a piece in next few months and others will fight for mall stuff that is left.

What's most interesting to me is who in his right mind is paying 4 BTC for AM share. What the fuck are they doing to people for them to become so irrational in buying anything Am related at such lunatic prices..

So not only is the hardware expensive, but so are the shares it sounds like.  What does a share get you?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
The cat is out of the bag, there's no coming back... Bitcoin mining is already taken over by few guys, few more will take a piece in next few months and others will fight for mall stuff that is left.

What's most interesting to me is who in his right mind is paying 4 BTC for AM share. What the fuck are they doing to people for them to become so irrational in buying anything Am related at such lunatic prices..

I'm curious to know: what would you consider a fair price and why?

Average Network percentage * Unit Sales / Total Value of All Bitcoins
Price is justified if bitcoin wealth keeps growing relative to network
Activity: 362
Merit: 250

I'm curious to know: what would you consider a fair price and why?
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

Instead of blaming ASICMINER for delivering what they promised, why not blame the "competition" for failing to deliver anything on time? If they did, ASICMINER wouldn't stand out so much. Their only fault is delivering on time.

If BFL delivers the rest of their orders (unlikely but possible) and KNCMiner delivers and Bitfury delivers and Avalon delivers their batch of chips, then the ASICMiner hardware will be obsolete.

ASCIMiner will still be able to make a small return on their hardware at wholesale prices. They won't be raking in the cash and we won't have to worry about them owning the blockchain.

ASICMiners only advantage is that they can deliver product.

Actually, they have one more advantage: lower production costs than all the competitors.

Meaning: in a price war, they have considerable ammo.

Edit: And also, products that are proven to work on a large scale since they eat their own dogfood.

Foxconn and Quanta have phones. You can call them and get low production costs. ASICMiner does not have a monopoly on chinese manufacturing.  Cheesy

Their products do work on a large scale, but we don't have any insight yet into MTBF however.

Me neither. What is MTBF?
Mean Time Between Failures. How reliable are ASICMiner blades when you run them 24/7 for a year? Might be very reliable, might not.

True that. I would, however, expect them to identify and fix design issues much faster than some of their competitors which do not mine with their own hardware.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Instead of blaming ASICMINER for delivering what they promised, why not blame the "competition" for failing to deliver anything on time? If they did, ASICMINER wouldn't stand out so much. Their only fault is delivering on time.

If BFL delivers the rest of their orders (unlikely but possible) and KNCMiner delivers and Bitfury delivers and Avalon delivers their batch of chips, then the ASICMiner hardware will be obsolete.

ASCIMiner will still be able to make a small return on their hardware at wholesale prices. They won't be raking in the cash and we won't have to worry about them owning the blockchain.

Actually, they have one more advantage: lower production costs than all the competitors.

Edit: And also, products that are proven to work on a large scale since they eat their own dogfood.

Foxconn and Quanta have phones. You can call them and get low production costs. ASICMiner does not have a monopoly on chinese manufacturing.  Cheesy

Their products do work on a large scale, but we don't have any insight yet into MTBF however.

Mean Time Between Failures. How reliable are ASICMiner blades when you run them 24/7 for a year? Might be very reliable, might not.

legendary

Edit 2: Not to forget their full warchest!
Edit 3: And an almost fanatical devotion to th... oh damnit, I'll come in again...
legendary

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Activity: 406
Although I am highly invested in Asicminer Shares, it is a bit disconcerting that they will control so much power under one single entity.  

Dude you should sell and get KNC instead.

Nobody should be supporting these assholes.  It would be a different story if they weren't mining with what they produce, but they are.

We really need a sticky or something explaining how this will kill the small miner.  It still isn't too late to apply the brakes to this if an information campaign is started.

No, BFL and Avalon are the assholes.

People are just jealous because ASICMiner is doing it right.  They didn't mess up like the others did and actually delivered a working product.

Fortunately, you can buy their shares so if you can't beat em, join em.

That's what my friend said when he joined the military.  He couldn't beat them, but now he gets a paycheck bombing little kids in the middle east.

The Peoples Liberation Army is the biggest and most powerful. Who is gonna stand on their way. They are brutal and fearless. Death is glory to them and life is nothing. Who control them- the CP of China. So beware.  
Activity: 784
AsicMiner is too greedy.The arm competition is not good for bitcoin. It will become more centralized.

For a while I thought maybe this would be attempted via CoinLab infiltration and their CEO Mr.Yes_Regulate_Us_Please where this would've happened first.  I had it wrong.  It's looking like it could happen on the other side of the pond.
legendary
BFL ASICs ROI gets shaky with a $60 bitcoin at 1,500,000,000 difficulty ... but I guess there's Europeans with 50c per kilowatt/hour power bills.

I think you added a few too many zeros.
http://www.coinish.com/calc/#
BFL 50GH/s @ $2499 (straight from their product page) will never generate a return @ 80,000,000 difficulty, $94/BTC and 1.2788% growth rate.

ASICMiner is looking at this same curve. Very soon it will not make sense for ASICMiner to deploy their own hardware.

ACTUALLY:

At 640,000,000 difficulty a BFL SC SINGLE will still be making ~ 1.32 btc per month. You're numbers are just plain wrong and ASICMINER about twice as power hungry as bfl gear (and 2/3 as avalon).

~

If you had a SC SINGLE in hand right now - you'd roi in under 2 weeks. @ 80,000,000 difficulty it's still under 3 weeks.

Given a device that hashes at 50GH/s for $2499 (https://products.butterflylabs.com/)
The first day at 80,000,000 difficulty, the device generates 0.314321 BTC.
Here is the series for bitcoins generated per week for 28 weeks with a 9.4% difficulty adjustment per week starting at 80,000,000 difficulty.
2.2 + 1.99 + 1.81 + 1.64 + 1.48 + 1.34 + 1.22 + 1.10 + 1.00 + .90 + 0.82 + 0.74 + 0.67 + 0.61 + 0.55 + 0.50 + 0.45 + 0.41 + 0.37 + 0.28 + 0.23 + 0.21 + 0.19 + 0.17 + 0.15 = 21.92 ($2126)
On the first day of the 28th week the device generates 0.0218 BTC

I checked that series with the following calculators and using a spreadsheet.
http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/
http://tpbitcalc.appspot.com/
http://www.coinish.com/calc/#
https://bitclockers.com/calc

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
AsicMiner is too greedy.The arm competition is not good for bitcoin. It will become more centralized.

Not so much as AM competition needs to put up not shut up ^^
Actually that quote doesn't work they won't shut up but they need to put up lol
Edit Again: Nvm it works just read it as an irony
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
sure a lot of investors will be throwing away their shares. wouldn't want to loose everything in the event the police shut them.
Pages:
Jump to: