Author

Topic: Why are you selling your altcoins so soon? - page 107. (Read 11444 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 144
February 14, 2018, 05:24:00 PM
Well most people or the "newbies" to be honest because a professional wont sell hes altcoins in a week or 2 or 3. He would hold it for months and more. So a newbie expects to make profit in a week or 2 or a month and just sell its.wrong move.

Really depend on your trading strategy because even professional trader sold their altcoins for a short period of time although I agree that newbies are more volatile but I think it covers everyone here. Its a matter of who can hold good altcoins in a long period of time specially when in dump market.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
February 14, 2018, 05:17:14 PM
There are so many reasons why people decided to sell their altcoins but I think the most popular reason is that they're panic seller.  Grin. They're so afraid of the huge dump and try to cut the loss cause they didn't believe that there is any chance for these coin to be able to recover although it has very good potential or high rank coin or token Smiley). But sometime they decided to sell their altcoin just because they have some trouble and really need cash at that time Smiley
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
February 14, 2018, 05:15:29 PM
Selling it to buy bitcoin? I guess they are trying to invest now that bitcoin is low considering the fact that bitcoin is set to rise.it is a wise decision, I think.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
February 14, 2018, 05:09:32 PM
I agree with you, There is no point investing something and selling it cheaply to buy other items.
but given that "Not all altcoins will survive" this is one of the reasons why they have altcoin so quickly.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 05:03:52 PM
Many people think only today, they do not think that it's better not to sell alts now and wait for the best moment. Many sell to buy BTC or ETH, or worry that if they do not sell now, then there will not be such an opportunity and the rate will fall. I think the best way is to analyze those alts that are in your crypto portfolio.
Activity: 196
February 14, 2018, 05:03:13 PM
Not selling of mine until the market recovers to all-time high levels again. Not really seeing a lot of value panicking.
Blockchains are the future, many industry leaders agreed on this. It is just that nobody knows which ones are going to be on top.
These altcoins/projects would need a lot of time though to be successful.
Activity: 238
Janinjo tips
February 14, 2018, 04:58:43 PM
I didn't sell any so far. But one day I will, when I will be satisfied with te profits.
Activity: 686
Merit: 102
February 14, 2018, 04:56:55 PM
I think it is the madness to sell all coins that you have earned. The best variant is to diversificate it, some on dollars, some in Bitcoins or Ethereum, and some for better time. Sometimes it shoots. So you must be mad to sell all your coins and even not invest in any main cryptocurrency, if you are so mad - go to bank and  make a deposit. May be in a year you will have 3-4% of profit.
Activity: 126
Patience and knowledge are gold.
February 14, 2018, 04:40:42 PM
Well most people or the "newbies" to be honest because a professional wont sell hes altcoins in a week or 2 or 3. He would hold it for months and more. So a newbie expects to make profit in a week or 2 or a month and just sell its.wrong move.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
February 14, 2018, 04:36:46 PM
Fools sell altcoins and withdraw money into dollars, and smart people buy altcoins, as in spring as it promises gonna be a strong growth in altcoins, so do not rush to draw conclusions about everyone! Not everyone sells, many people buy, and you are well done that you keep them and don’t sell!
Activity: 166
Merit: 1
February 13, 2018, 07:59:00 PM
Most of people now are holding their coins and waiting for the good time to selling the coins. And they may feel fear and worry of how long they should waiting for the market raise the price of altcoins. I also holding my tokens and waiting for selling all my tokens. The best advice is do not focus on thinking about the price, do what we can do now and think positive.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
February 13, 2018, 07:47:54 PM
This because of FUDS. Other holders are on panic to minimize their losses not knowing coins will recover soon. This the effect when you jump in when everything is skyrocketing and suddenly drop. This is normal in this industry.
Fud and fake news is a big influence these days why people are panic selling their crypto investment.
Honestly before even here in forum its happening until now they use the social medias and blog news to spread the fake news about crypto and they heard the bad news sooner or later the price slowly decreases and the awesome thing if they heard the good news about altcoin or cryptocurrency expect the price is getting increasing back..
For me this is normal because there are lots of competitors and every each of them are making bad news just to down other crytocurrency.
Its just like in business online and they wanted to get rankup to the first page in search engine (SEO) you should make a move to rank down the other competitors and start making a bad news just to rank down your competitors its just like in cryptocurrency..
So for me its a normal that we are seeing selling altcoin sooner but there are other people are stay strong holding their altcoins..
Also there  are day traders which is doing buy now and sell soon but it gonna affect the market they are investing in new coin mostly and sell soon because the price is increasing when other buyers are keep buying..
Activity: 300
Merit: 5
February 13, 2018, 07:36:07 PM
I am definitely not. Perfect time to buy more ITC myself. Rival to IOTA. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iot-chain/
Activity: 222
Merit: 12
February 13, 2018, 07:32:30 PM
My friend sold all the Cryptocurrency before the New Year and bought a house. Now that the market has fallen, we can conclude that he did the right thing. Now he is bought back the part at low prices. Therefore, even selling is not always a bad thing. When selling at the peak, you can afford to withdraw part of the dollars and buy at a low price, too, the number of tokens.
Activity: 229
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 07:08:26 PM
yes, when conditions like today, we better hodl and wait for the market price until stabilize again, and that's the solution today. but also some people choose to sell their altcoins because they are worried and afraid the crypto world will end.

so their principle is a little better profit rather than getting nothing
Another reason is also due to necessity.
Activity: 162
February 13, 2018, 06:55:31 PM
This because of FUDS. Other holders are on panic to minimize their losses not knowing coins will recover soon. This the effect when you jump in when everything is skyrocketing and suddenly drop. This is normal in this industry.
Activity: 154
Magic is real
February 13, 2018, 06:54:05 PM
Well, I have not sold much of my investment so far. Some sold, but these were not very promising projects. I sold them, because I needed Ethereum to buy coins on ICO. In my opinion it is better to buy something good than to keep your money in shitty projects. But 80% of my investments remain untouched.
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
February 13, 2018, 06:47:02 PM
Because this gangsta need to get paid Grin On the more serious note i earn for life from crypto and need to sell some of it to stay a float,also i do a lot of trading and without inside info about certain coin i get more money from trading with that $ then i would get holding it trapped if that coin ever moon
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
February 13, 2018, 06:44:34 PM
Because i am only securing my profits,as a day trader i need to have an average 10-15% daily average gain so that i will have 300-450% monthly.Ther are few reason why a trader would sell his altcoins,one the bitcoin is starting to dump or pump either of the two would affect altcoins alts it is suggested to get out from altcoins if bitcoin is starting to be unstable so that you wont have any further loss.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
February 13, 2018, 06:38:48 PM
you have to realize this, there is a long-terrm period that is temporary, don't make regrets present in the disbelief of your actions, they have many reasons, selling beacause of need or sell because of ignorance. etc.
Jump to: