Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Bitcoin will collapse in price. - page 2. (Read 24584 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
June 22, 2015, 12:23:49 PM
So the value of bitcoin is that I can dump it on the next guy?

What good is a commodity you cannot convert into another form?  You could argue that anything which cannot be used to directly purchase something will get "dumped on the next guy" when it is converted into an alternate form to make a purchase.

These guys just cannot be saved. I have a similar friend and I couldn't explain him why Bitcoin has value. He would always say "It's only useful to get dollars" and "it has no intrinsic value". He can't see beyond that. I eventually gave up and said fuck it, but I hope he doesn't cry me about how he didn't buy now in 5 years.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
June 22, 2015, 11:00:49 AM
and the FUD begins .....
Thanks for your detailed respone. State why the above reasoning is false.

Each individual have their own calculations, if you see years back when Bitcoins started, it has less value, down the line in a few years, it climbed to high steep which was never imagined by any financial geeks. Bitcoin has the real future, since it is secured, reliable and Transparency. Also it will have tremendous real value when we control the measures in the bitcoin mining flows.
Activity: 378
June 21, 2015, 07:58:03 PM
Bitcoin is being accepted more and more across the globe, which means they have more people using it. I personally don't think it will drop like you said, but reading your post gave me 2nd thoughts. Thanks
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
April 29, 2015, 09:21:01 AM
No i don't think bitcoin will collapse , it have a bright future and within few years it will be used by many people !!!
Activity: 344
April 29, 2015, 09:17:50 AM
I don't find any specific reason that Bitcoin will collapse in price in coming period of time. I believe it will be reaching to a new level in next 5 to 10 years. Mostly people are not aware about it yet but as their awareness level will go high the same will go with Bitcoin too
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
April 28, 2015, 01:45:53 PM
It occurred to me that there is a simple way to predict the price of bitcoin.  

Start with the equation V = U + R*P, where

V is the amount of money (or money equivalent of goods and services) disbursed by new investors (in $/day);  
U is the amount of money (or money equivalent of goods and services) collected by holders who are divesting ($/day;
R is the block reward volume, now 3600 (BTC/day); and
P is the current price ($/BTC).  

From that we get P = (V - U)/R.

Now you only need to predict V and U.  Grin

You have invested in a pyramid and come up with some formulas??? Come on!! Open your eyes. This ship will sink. I said it when it was above 1000 dollars, and I will say it again at 200 dollars.

Of course you come here celebrating your "prediction". The question is, will you be here admitting defeat once BTC goes back up, or will you quietly disappear until another bubble burst cycle happens claiming to be a magician that predicts the future? duh.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
April 28, 2015, 01:06:52 PM

V is the amount of money (or money equivalent of goods and services) disbursed by new investors (in $/day);  
U is the amount of money (or money equivalent of goods and services) collected by holders who are divesting ($/day;

You have invested in a pyramid and come up with some formulas??? Come on!! Open your eyes. This ship will sink. I said it when it was above 1000 dollars, and I will say it again at 200 dollars.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
April 28, 2015, 11:36:49 AM

April 28, 2015, 11:26:25 AM
It has  collapsed many times, and it recovery quickly.

Yes: In the beginning of a pyramid there are still plenty of new fools you can convince to buy from you your hot potato (i.e. your bitcoin).

Eventually however the pyramid cant be sustained anymore, as no new fools can be found to bail out the old ones.

This is what happened to bitcoin: It skyrocketet (with temporary corrections) and now has collapsed, burning a unprecedented number of people. Due to the extensive coverage of the rise and crash of bitcoin, and the significant number of people who now sit on losses, it is very unlikely that the pyramid can be inflated again.

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
January 19, 2015, 11:45:30 AM

This time looks like it is different.
The recovery certainly wasn't quick.  Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
January 17, 2015, 04:34:31 PM
i really hope it... because i need increasing of BTC Sad.. i have only 5BTC  from 400USD/1 BTC Sad
Activity: 322
January 16, 2015, 05:37:57 AM
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 15, 2015, 03:00:30 PM
What does everyone consider a collapse in price. BTC hovered in the low 100's for half a year so maybe we are jumping the gun screaming collapse.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 326
January 15, 2015, 01:48:11 PM
i think because a lot bad news at this begin of januari
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
January 15, 2015, 01:30:12 PM
I think jorge hit it right on the nail with:

"It would be important to understand why it rose to 32, perhaps more than why it dropped to 2.

Each bubble in bitcoin's history is can be explained as the opening of a new market -- either a new use, or a new community of users separated from previous markets by some barrier -- language, geography, profession, socioeconomic status, whatever.

Most bubbles had a fast rise, a crash, some oscillations, and then settled at a steady level substantially higher than the previou stady level.

The famous 2011 bubble, that started soon after 2011-04-01, at 0.5 $/BTC, began like the others; however, after the oscillations died out, instead fo settling to a steady state, it started to decay eponentially.  By 2011-11-09 is was down to 2 $/BTC; however, if a new bubble had not started at that time, it would probably have continued to drop until the pre-bubble level d 0.5 $/BTC.

The Nov/2013 buuble behaved in a similar fashion, but we have an explanation for it: it was created by the opening of the Mainland Chinese market, and it deflated during 2014 because the Chinese lost interest in bitcoin, since they could not use it for anything except gambling in the exchanges.  Now the last Chinese day-traders are dumping BTC to play in the Chinese stock market, which is booming.

So the question is: what was the "market" that created the 2011 bubble, and why did that market evaporate?"

I'd like to know the answer to the question.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 15, 2015, 12:43:01 PM
Is the collapse now?

high chance yes, it won't fall much farther, better to buy now those cheap coins
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
January 15, 2015, 11:46:36 AM
So you are telling me because bitcoin price drop from 31$ to two, it can't recover?
Wait a moment... I saw this before.
It lasted a year.

It would be important to understand why it rose to 32, perhaps more than why it dropped to 2.

Each bubble in bitcoin's history is can be explained as the opening of a new market -- either a new use, or a new community of users separated from previous markets by some barrier -- language, geography, profession, socioeconomic status, whatever.

Most bubbles had a fast rise, a crash, some oscillations, and then settled at a steady level substantially higher than the previou stady level.

The famous 2011 bubble, that started soon after 2011-04-01, at 0.5 $/BTC, began like the others; however, after the oscillations died out, instead fo settling to a steady state, it started to decay eponentially.  By 2011-11-09 is was down to 2 $/BTC; however, if a new bubble had not started at that time, it would probably have continued to drop until the pre-bubble level d 0.5 $/BTC.

The Nov/2013 buuble behaved in a similar fashion, but we have an explanation for it: it was created by the opening of the Mainland Chinese market, and it deflated during 2014 because the Chinese lost interest in bitcoin, since they could not use it for anything except gambling in the exchanges.  Now the last Chinese day-traders are dumping BTC to play in the Chinese stock market, which is booming.

So the question is: what was the "market" that created the 2011 bubble, and why did that market evaporate?
Activity: 352
January 15, 2015, 10:42:04 AM
Is the collapse now?
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
aquí dice algo personal.
January 15, 2015, 09:49:29 AM
I dont want to say I told you so, but the price has indeed collapsed since I started this thread at the highs in December 2013.

However it is not over yet. It will go down to single digits and lower (eventually zero is a fair valuation).

If you want a summary of my reasoning read the my first post and this one:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3926046

So you are telling me because bitcoin price drop from 31$ to two, it can't recover?

Wait a moment... I saw this before.

It lasted a year.
January 15, 2015, 08:53:38 AM
I dont want to say I told you so, but the price has indeed collapsed since I started this thread at the highs in December 2013.

However it is not over yet. It will go down to single digits and lower (eventually zero is a fair valuation).

If you want a summary of my reasoning read the my first post and this one:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3926046
Pages:
Jump to: