Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Celsius is better than Salt? - page 8. (Read 108223 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
January 03, 2018, 05:13:28 AM
Someone please explain me why SALT is going down instead of up. "Sell the news?" That's the only explanation I can come up with.
- Product is going live for a limited group
- seems to function well
- company incentivizes the value with a retail price that should increase demand
- don't really see bad news
Yet SALT is taking a dive. Is that an insider/whale cashing out by setting up massive sell walls? Who is selling at these prices...
Activity: 43
Merit: 2
January 03, 2018, 04:42:40 AM
Sure up to 30$ in few month
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
January 03, 2018, 01:18:15 AM
Does salt pretty much similar to ONIX? I guess one is either over or under value
Activity: 43
Merit: 2
January 02, 2018, 05:16:24 PM
Huge! So exited about SALT
Activity: 714
Merit: 512
January 01, 2018, 08:58:18 PM
I sold off a few other ALTs and got into SALT... looks like a really cool project.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
January 01, 2018, 06:44:24 PM
Here is a key element of this genius coin -

"SALT lets you leverage your blockchain assets to secure cash loans. We make it easy to get money without having to sell your favorite investment." plus as they are just basing loans on your crypto assets there are no cumbersome credit checks required .. but for me the biggest thing is  "Maintain your position and avoid less-than-optimal tax events."

I don't know about your country so you have to check but in Australia a profit making asset including crypto attracts capital gains taxes. 50% in fact. however if you hold the asset for more than 12 months that drops to 33%.

Saving me thousands of dollars.
However if I need some of that cashed out to cover the unexpected I lose that tax advantage. but with salt I can simply borrow against my crypto holdings or part thereof and not have to cash out coins I know are about to blow up. Giving me the confidence to have a little more invested and my profits maxxed.

Wait til Salts crypto to cash credit cards kick in this quarter (as stated on their website*)  I think you will see this coin go absolutely ballistic as that happens.

Salt still definitely a big hold for me.

* https://www.saltlending.com
Activity: 518
Merit: 252
January 01, 2018, 04:05:21 PM
Salt, this project name looks funny. But I really impressed and will follow it. Do you plan to operate some bounty programs in the future, Dev?

Doubt it most stronger projects don't generally offer up bounties and quite frankly they don't need to as their use case functions without getting the word out there. I am kind of surprised how the arbitrage attempt aren't happening more but it makes sense to wait until you hear a success story. Hopefully a few of those can pop up in the coming days and give confidence to those who are currently hesitating on this!
kjs
Activity: 188
Merit: 105
January 01, 2018, 09:50:46 AM
ITS LAUNCHED ALREADY YOU CH00B!!
This TOKEN BETTER START RISING!! WTH IT DOING SLOWLY DROPPING?? .....................

Ze SALT is strong with this one, Quadruple Zalt!
Activity: 251
January 01, 2018, 03:18:46 AM
Salt, this project name looks funny. But I really impressed and will follow it. Do you plan to operate some bounty programs in the future, Dev?
Activity: 56
January 01, 2018, 03:08:16 AM
When is it going to be lanched? It was suppose to be before 2018. Its looking worrying

[wauthor=JohnDoe3490 link=topic=2051305.msg27131644#msg27131644 date=1514515002]
No matter what the situation launching a viable new platform that makes real world applications a go has to increase the value of Salt from what it was.

I'm investing in Salt because it's not just another carbon copy shitcoin and its filling a gap in the global market and in my country if you hold longer term i.e. more than a year, you pay way less tax on your profits when you do cash in. so Salt and Power Ledger together make up more than 2/3rds of my portfolio.

It's also worth noting, just for those looking at the $$ and cents that this week Salt is outperforming all of the coinmarketcap.com top 15 coins..

Bitcoin
ETH
Bitcoin cash
Ripple
Dash
MIOTA
Cardano
Monero
Qtum etc
NOTHING comes close - ripple up 20% for the week isn't even a third of the Salts gains.. which makes any short term arguments academic in my eyes.

Salt is smashing it!
+75% up even in a very crappy week! If it wasn't for Korea mucking around I think this coin would already be AUD$10 higher or more.
Just wait for the bounce-back!!

I agree with your sentiment. One of the best things is that I see people trying to buy SALT tokens to arbitrage. I don't know if it will work but it is a nice idea.  SALT has value beyond just being a token. It may create a way to "cash out" via loans without taxes.
[/quote]

ITS LAUNCHED ALREADY YOU CH00B!!
This TOKEN BETTER START RISING!! WTH IT DOING SLOWLY DROPPING?? .....................
Activity: 1
December 31, 2017, 03:58:06 PM
When is it going to be lanched? It was suppose to be before 2018. Its looking worrying

[wauthor=JohnDoe3490 link=topic=2051305.msg27131644#msg27131644 date=1514515002]
No matter what the situation launching a viable new platform that makes real world applications a go has to increase the value of Salt from what it was.

I'm investing in Salt because it's not just another carbon copy shitcoin and its filling a gap in the global market and in my country if you hold longer term i.e. more than a year, you pay way less tax on your profits when you do cash in. so Salt and Power Ledger together make up more than 2/3rds of my portfolio.

It's also worth noting, just for those looking at the $$ and cents that this week Salt is outperforming all of the coinmarketcap.com top 15 coins..

Bitcoin
ETH
Bitcoin cash
Ripple
Dash
MIOTA
Cardano
Monero
Qtum etc
NOTHING comes close - ripple up 20% for the week isn't even a third of the Salts gains.. which makes any short term arguments academic in my eyes.

Salt is smashing it!
+75% up even in a very crappy week! If it wasn't for Korea mucking around I think this coin would already be AUD$10 higher or more.
Just wait for the bounce-back!!

I agree with your sentiment. One of the best things is that I see people trying to buy SALT tokens to arbitrage. I don't know if it will work but it is a nice idea.  SALT has value beyond just being a token. It may create a way to "cash out" via loans without taxes.
[/quote]
Activity: 739
Merit: 500
December 31, 2017, 03:28:09 PM
Trying to work this out. Its $27.50 for membership on their site but the price at the mo of a salt coin is about $13. So my questions are:

1. Why isnt the price the same as their site?

2. It looks the price of the coin should be the priced in the same as the membership price (25.70 at the mo but could increase/decrease if SALT wants to increase/decrease their membership price)?

It's especially interesting if you take into account that right now they allow repayment for the loan in SALT, at the official price.
So SALT tokens are something that you can buy for $13 and use for $27.5. That gap will close fast if they keep it that way.
There was a long reddit post about it yesterday:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7n2g11/the_salt_arbitrage_mystery_how_i_think_it_works/
Activity: 1
December 31, 2017, 12:05:57 PM
Trying to work this out. Its $27.50 for membership on their site but the price at the mo of a salt coin is about $13. So my questions are:

1. Why isnt the price the same as their site?

2. It looks the price of the coin should be the priced in the same as the membership price (25.70 at the mo but could increase/decrease if SALT wants to increase/decrease their membership price)?
December 31, 2017, 03:38:33 AM
Agreed. I think once all the fuss dies down over the regulatory changes in South Korea and we get past Nye people will wake up to Salt being undervalued and we'll see it rise properly to it's real potential!

not that 213% gains for the month aren't solid.. but it clearly has further to go up now with the new platform launched on target and on time as promised.

Activity: 910
Merit: 508
December 30, 2017, 02:39:26 PM
Over last few hours membership number on site gone from 42882 to 43209 and loans funded from $2,455,000 to $2,675,000. Seems like theyve got things moving.

Anyone taken out a loan yet?

Wanted to ask the same thing... It seems there are a lot of loan applications and the main question here is "Are they able to satisfy the demand? Do they have enough USD for loans?".

IMHO it will be very problematic to receive a loan from them. The demand is huge. Roll Eyes

Sure everyone can go ahead and buy some SALT tokens on exchanges, but it remains unclear if you will be able to pay the interest and principal (or both) with them on your loans and to what extent.
You can end up with useless tokens if you are unable to receive a loan from them.

The only real usecase for SALT token right now is the ability to purchase Membership on the platform.

Yes indeed - The demand is huge !!! And that's a very good news for all of us and future. Wink
December 30, 2017, 07:19:50 AM
Its also important to understand that currently they are only allowing a control group of enterprises to take out loans.

which i see as smart so they can weed out any issues.

4 million dollars in loans so far is a good amount to run all their trials and get their platform humming.

As soon as they open it up to induviduals globally the potential is simply massive. We're talking about a loan operation that can reach every city, town and neighbourhood on the planet but unlike banks pays no rent.

the arbitrage right now of $12.5 USD for tokens which can be used to pay back a loan with a value of $27.5, that is $15 for free per salt token credited towards your loan principal and interest.

A better deal than any bank.. the world will find out about this pretty quickly!

oh and it's on the rise right now.

December 30, 2017, 02:59:33 AM
Salts Market cap was 170 million dollars one month ago, it's already racing towards one billion us$ being in the high 800 millions. the rate of growth will take care of everything.

and those taking advantage of the arbitrage will soon have the price matching the platform price.

the only question is will you be on board or will someone else be making that money.

Salt is at a great price right now. if coinspot was taking more funds I would be topping up today!
Activity: 60
December 29, 2017, 08:45:32 PM
Over last few hours membership number on site gone from 42882 to 43209 and loans funded from $2,455,000 to $2,675,000. Seems like theyve got things moving.

Anyone taken out a loan yet?

Wanted to ask the same thing... It seems there are a lot of loan applications and the main question here is "Are they able to satisfy the demand? Do they have enough USD for loans?".

IMHO it will be very problematic to receive a loan from them. The demand is huge. Roll Eyes

Sure everyone can go ahead and buy some SALT tokens on exchanges, but it remains unclear if you will be able to pay the interest and principal (or both) with them on your loans and to what extent.
You can end up with useless tokens if you are unable to receive a loan from them.

The only real usecase for SALT token right now is the ability to purchase Membership on the platform.
Activity: 60
December 29, 2017, 08:32:28 PM
Am I correct in saying you can pay back your loan and interest using salt tokens valued at retail (currently shown as $27.50 on membership dashboard).

If so it seems like current market price of around $15-16 still gives as massive discount.

So borrow in $$$ and pay back in salt bought below retail?

I'm glad it's not just me that doesn't get this either?

Or is this the SaltLending site's way of saying "look, SALT is too cheap right now" with the idea being people will buy up to its value of $27.50 ?

SALT token price on exchanges is pure speculation. They officially value their tokens 27.5 USD each.
If you are able to buy SALT tokens cheaper somewhere (read: on exchanges) then it is up to you how much you are willing to pay for them.
So if you see some use cases of this token then go ahead and buy it.

Good luck applying for that USD loan from them. It is not as easy as it seems.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
December 29, 2017, 03:02:27 PM
Am I correct in saying you can pay back your loan and interest using salt tokens valued at retail (currently shown as $27.50 on membership dashboard).

If so it seems like current market price of around $15-16 still gives as massive discount.

So borrow in $$$ and pay back in salt bought below retail?

I'm glad it's not just me that doesn't get this either?

Or is this the SaltLending site's way of saying "look, SALT is too cheap right now" with the idea being people will buy up to its value of $27.50 ?

It encourages volume. The tech relies on people moving money, taking out loans. It's not unlike a grocer selling something at a loss to get people in the door.
Pages:
Jump to: