Pages:
Author

Topic: Why didn't Warren Buffett invest in Bitcoin? - page 7. (Read 857 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
As far as I have observed, Warren Buffet always tries to stay away from the things which he knows nothing about it. Technology is one of those things and he rarely invested even in any tech-related stock and if I am not wrong then I think he never use email too so expecting any opinion from him is not a wise idea, to be honest. When Warren Buffet invested his capital to acquire 5% share capital of Apple, his partner said that Warren is crazy or he is still learning.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 598
The Martian Child
Warren Buffet is probably the most richest man in the planet if he didn't donated huge chunk of his assets. Still he is very rich and contented especially he is already old. Which means he of course do not want any big changes especially on the financial system where he is lording already.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
Buffett just did not have time to enter this train and now doesn't want to change their opinions (principles). I think now he is very regret not invested in bitcoins!
But he's not really late, he can still invest on it just like Mark Cuban did. Mark earlier was very critical of bitcoin and he even says a lot of negatives as well before, until suddenly he change his tune and probably invest on it because all of his billionaire friends have investments and he doesn't want to be left out in the discussion. As for Warren, he has already see's a lot of things from his long experienced as a investor and so he already closed his mind on crypto because he doesn't like its speculative nature.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
Buffett just did not have time to enter this train and now doesn't want to change their opinions (principles). I think now he is very regret not invested in bitcoins!
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Maybe he does and we just don't know about it.
Activity: 96
 Everyone got their choices and reasons as to why they do certain things, Warren is a known Investor but he too have priorities, he choses where to put his money and where not to.  and he chose against investing in BTC which is totally his right,
Activity: 266
Merit: 33
He is not just interested and that does not mean bitcoin has no future at all
Imagine yourself as a billionaire, why do you risk your money to something that you have little knowledge about it? Better continue your thing and make money. That's it. Easy peasy money
Activity: 686
Merit: 39
Being expert in one field doesn't mean his point is valid on anything. Warren Buffet may be an experienced stocks investor but it doesn't mean his statement on bitcoin is valid. Keep in mind that he never invested in technology stocks. I don't take him seriously when he talked anything that related to technology (in this case, bitcoin)
Activity: 174
Merit: 150
Warren Buffett didn't invest in technology stocks in 2000 because he didn't understand them. Same goes with cryptocurrency, it is highly unlikely that he would invest in them.
He's interested in banking and financial institutions. However, he has enough wealth and power to create his own cryptocurrency if he wishes to.
Activity: 56
The whole cypto market is driven by influencers and rich people. What  makes you think that Warren didn't invest in crypto? Maybe he's deliberately spreading fud and calling btc a scam so he can buy more of it. I won't be surprised if he publicly announces soon that he started investing in crypto. He's too smart to miss the most profitable cash cow in decades.
Activity: 182
he seems to me to be a too old to understand the potential of this disruptive technology. Suppose if you're dealing with the hedge funds, real estates etc your whole life, it's hard to grasp the concept of bitcoin.
[/quote]

You`re right. This man is 87 years old and at this age it`s too hard to follow new trends taking into consideration his buisness interests!
Activity: 196
To the surprise of nobody, Warren Buffett isn’t interested in Bitcoin at all.
Warren’s strategy is to have an adequate but consistent return over a long period of time.
The key is that he knows he will be rich someday, but he is not in a hurry.
In cryptocurrency world, it is not possible to make a position and forget it for x number of years. Hence, it does not fit Warren’s style.
So what is your opinion?

he seems to me to be a too old to understand the potential of this disruptive technology. Suppose if you're dealing with the hedge funds, real estates etc your whole life, it's hard to grasp the concept of bitcoin.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
I don't think this guy don't have BTC or have one or two  Altcoins. I jsut feel he wants to buy into it cheap. One thing this people do is that they make use of diversion tactics to make people lose focus of what they are doing. I will advice people to look for what his doing and not what he is saying
Activity: 182
Buffet is a man from another century. Take a look at his biography and ways he made his millions. It is what he really understands. But I`m sure that nowadays it`s a completely different situation. New reality, new markets, new players, new rules...
Activity: 27
Bitcoin's remarks as an illusion in early March are not because Buffett was a dreamer to understand Bitcoin. It comes from the fact that he understands that Bitcoin prices are almost in the eyes of these "virtual fans".

That does not mean Buffett thinks the Bitcoin price will fall sharply or that anyone speculating on this virtual currency is a fool. This should only be understood that Buffett does not think Bitcoin has any intrinsic value. As a highly valued investor, Buffett understands how the concept of value and price differs. And Buffett was right when Bitcoin was traded for $ 0.01 or $ 1 million. Both of these numbers can be argued for perfect protection.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Warren’s strategy is to have an adequate but consistent return over a long period of time.
In cryptocurrency world, it is not possible to make a position and forget it for x number of years. Hence, it does not fit Warren’s style.
So what is your opinion?

Warren Buffett has declared Bitcoin worthless, Unlike stocks, bonds or real estate, buying Bitcoin is not an investment. So, he thought biticoin was not the investment it was one of. The reason he did not invest in bitcoin
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
So what is your opinion?

Since old times, warren buffet's statement is always negative about bitcoin.
He also one of the enemy of bitcoin, because when he announced bad news about bitcoin.
Market will do a correction.
Activity: 25
warren buffet doesnt like btc because it messes with his business. he has an investments company and btc goes against that business
the bigger btc gets the smaller he gets.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
I think it's okay if he does not want to invest in bitcoin. He does not understand Bitcoin and other blockchain-based digital assets so decided not to invest in something unknown because an investor needs to know and understand the assets that will be invested by them in order to avoid lose because the investment value of an investor like Warren Buffet certainly not small. This is a weakness of Buffett because he loss the opportunity to get big profits. Hopefully someday he does not regret this.
Activity: 106
He's just an old fart, but most probably he's helping somebody buy for the low, trying to drop the price down with such groundless assertments.
Pages:
Jump to: