Pages:
Author

Topic: Why didn't Warren Buffett invest in Bitcoin? - page 8. (Read 857 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 15
maybe he invested billion in Bitcoin and just now want to influence the market to go more dip and buy more in low - how is this as a possibility?
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
To the surprise of nobody, Warren Buffett isn’t interested in Bitcoin at all.
Warren’s strategy is to have an adequate but consistent return over a long period of time.
The key is that he knows he will be rich someday, but he is not in a hurry.
In cryptocurrency world, it is not possible to make a position and forget it for x number of years. Hence, it does not fit Warren’s style.
So what is your opinion?

Nope. I'm not surprised at all, to be honest. In the past, he has basically said the same thing when it came to precious metals. With bitcoin being very close to precious metals when it comes to its properties as money/asset/store of value, his opinion obviously doesn't differ much.

It seems like that either Buffett is actually shorting bitcoin actively, or that he genuinely believes that bitcoin is not an investment simply because of the fact that it doesn't give you interest, or dividends.

I don't think that he realises how BTC can essentially have the potential (i'm not saying it will one hundred percent, however) to become the backbone of the entire world's economy, as the whole world's reserve currency, tbh.
Activity: 123
Merit: 1
Old people are conservative because they are used to their old thoughts too long. ...

In his 20's, Warren Buffett's salary was $12,000, but his net worth exceeded $140,000 by 26 and $1 million by age 30. Keep in mind that someone with $1 million was quite wealthy back before the decades of inflation at the end of the century.

https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-worth/rich-warren-buffett-age/

Older people are more conservative because they have more to lose, and also because they aren't as stupid as younger people.

Anyway, Buffet invests only in things that he understands well. That should be lesson one for any newbie investor. If you don't understand what you are investing in, you are just gambling.

I could never get tired of this advice.

"If you don't understand what you are investing in, you are just gambling."

This why i don't even speculate in any alts that i don't understand well enough.
It took me months to understand what is Blockchain, BTC, ETH and the environments.
Wise people once said, knowledges are powers.
Activity: 149
Merit: 0
I admire warren buffet a lot, he's my inspiration specially in stock market strategy and investing the reason why warren buffet didn't invest in bitcoin is Because he didn't believe in Bitcoin and he believe that some day it will fail, he didn't give a statement about how and when it is going to happen but he said that bitcoin will have a bad ending.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
It is estimated that Berkshire, the company of W. Buffett, has a portfolio of 170 billion dollars. In my opinion he already has a portfolio in cryptocurrencies and is already experimenting with the market. Then since he is an old hand he does not say it around.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Warren’s strategy is to have an adequate but consistent return over a long period of time.
In cryptocurrency world, it is not possible to make a position and forget it for x number of years. Hence, it does not fit Warren’s style.
So what is your opinion?

Warren is old my friend and he has resistance thoughts all around him, he refuses to see the truth and who knows he may be doing this to drop the prices and buy it now and sell it at a later stage. Look he's seeing bitcoins with the glasses of bubble crash and that's why he's unable to see the potential, I wish he could heal so he could also invest and get more rich lol.

Well who knows if he really didn't invest in bitcoin. He could very well be speeing out negative statements and getting btcs at the same time. Much like jamie dimon lol. You can't really take what these old guys say seriously right?
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
So what is your opinion?

Warren is old my friend and he has resistance thoughts all around him, he refuses to see the truth and who knows he may be doing this to drop the prices and buy it now and sell it at a later stage. Look he's seeing bitcoins with the glasses of bubble crash and that's why he's unable to see the potential, I wish he could heal so he could also invest and get more rich lol.
Activity: 224
Everyone does what he wants. So he has enough and he does not bother. Although who knows, Maybe he knows more than we do.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 2232
What he really is:
LOL Grin Grin Grin

I think that the large investors wish to predict the price of Bitcoin or other crypto currency, because they want to buy the deep and get a profit. If he can make money using a traditional way which is a stock markets or other financial instruments, he doesn't want even touch a new modern technologies. But some old billionaires start to recognize a potential of crypto currencies in the long run, and now they pay attention to investing in the crypto exchange markets.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
How people see Warren Buffett:

What he really is:

copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Do you really think he hasn't invested on bitcoin or any other crypto currencies? No investment on bitcoin but still showing a lot of interest (negatively) on it sounds fishy right? Most people believe that he have invested tons of money on bitcoin and is using his popularity to manipulate the market to benefit himself.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
How do you know he didn't ?  Wink

I'm pretty sure he has investments in Crypto. Same goes with Bill Gates. The more they FUD, the more they buy I suppose. Cheesy
Activity: 56
We can never know what goes on behind the closed doors. Warren is a very smart investor...maybe he is deliberately creating and spreading FUD so he can stock up on btc before publicly announcing that he started investing in crypto. If Warren Buffet announces his involvement in crypto, the whole crypto market is headed for Mars...and other big investors will follow his path.
Activity: 322
So what is your opinion?
Just simple,warren only has good knowledge about traditional companies and he lacks knowledge about new technologies.So bitcoin being a new technology,he just wishes to stay away from it and continue investing in traditional companies.

Warren Buffet does not believe that buying bitcoin is not an investment, unlike buying stocks, bonds and real estate where he is use to. According to his statement, buying an investment should be worth something to it's own. He believes that the value of bitcoin comes from what people are willing to pay where bitcoin only increase it''s value when being bought and sold.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
So what is your opinion?
Just simple,warren only has good knowledge about traditional companies and he lacks knowledge about new technologies.So bitcoin being a new technology,he just wishes to stay away from it and continue investing in traditional companies.
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
Warren buffet doesn't need to invest in bitcoin, when you are the king of gold, why care about silver? He's a billionaire, he doesn't need to try his hand at risky investments as part of some sort of get rich quick scheme, he is already rich. Again, when you are a billionaire, why would you support the very system that threatens to ruin your holdings?
Activity: 246
Because he's an old school investor who doesn't understand new revolutionary technologies. Plus, blockchain can potentially ruin everything he has built so it makes sense to fight against it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
I do not expect every body in the world to embrace bitcoin at this stage no matter the level of the persons financial, social and academic exposure. There is no human that is satisfy with money, we will always want more. He will invest in bitcoin when there is no alternative and when there is general acceptance of bitcoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
Maybe he is too old for this cryptocurrency stuff. Maybe he already has enough money. Or maybe it’s his personal choice. Whatever his reason/s are? It didn’t affect the way most people here view bitcoins.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
Warren Buffet believes that cryptocurrencies are a scam. His investments have always been on companies that then over time have grown exponentially. In my opinion, he's a finance magician who, however, no longer wants to update and modernize. Here are the reasons for this position on cryptocurrencies.
Pages:
Jump to: