Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Do People Desire What's Not Theirs - page 4. (Read 2861 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 0
March 14, 2018, 02:31:10 AM
A lot has to do with how people are brought up. If a child only gets what he/she wants, or are told that the world owns him/her, off course that person will always want to have whatever they see. Usually they will also try to fill a void with stuff. This is off course different from ambition where a person is prepared to work for what he wants.
Activity: 61
March 14, 2018, 02:24:08 AM
Because it does not make sense to “want” something you already have.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
March 13, 2018, 07:55:53 AM
Envy.. desiring to have something that does not belong to you because its pleasing in the eye and satisfied your cravings is human natures of sin! Be content life more important than any materials things.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
March 12, 2018, 11:29:17 PM
I don't mean just seeing something nice and wanting to have something like that. Some people would not mind doing anything to take what belongs to another. Why do we have people like that?
Simply because, it wasn't theirs. Why would you desire something you already have or own? It is inevitable to desire things you don't own.
Activity: 168
March 12, 2018, 10:58:42 PM
Being jealous of someone's possession is a trait of man. But the desire to get that possession even if it is not theirs is a sin. The thought and the thrill of making that a possibility maybe drives them to do it. The satisfaction it gives them and the belongingness is a key they mostly wanna get.
Activity: 476
March 12, 2018, 10:41:44 PM
Because we belong in a generation where everybody compare theirselves with each other. People post their luxurious life traveling in  any countries or the tech that many of their friends have. We desire them so we can fit with those people or be one of them.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
February 07, 2018, 06:46:51 AM
I believe it's because of discontentment and jealousy on a personal level. At times we tend
to compare our lives, achievements and possessions with others, it's a human flaw. It saddening
sometimes because we can't help it, we make up reasons or even blame ourselves and others even
but the truth is it make us feel sad. People should just be thankful and mindful of the blessings they
have and if they want something, just work hard for it and take in that need as a positive drive in life.
Activity: 560
Merit: 121
February 07, 2018, 05:12:40 AM
Theoritically we Christians believe it originated from Lucifer the fallen angel which is the ruler of this world. He was not contented being a worshipper and an angel of God in the beggining but he also desired the power and worship which belong to God. Until one day he rebelled against God and desired to be worshipped too and be hailed as God. I think this mentally has been planted in every man’s heart and it only depends on man if he is going to give this mentality a rule over his life.
Activity: 183
February 07, 2018, 05:01:51 AM
There is no limit for people desirableness. They usually desire what they don't have and they want to achieve that. It can be taken as good quality of human if he select right path to achieve his desirable goals which are fruitful for society also. In-fact if human-being will not have desirableness then there will be no motivation in his life. But as per law of equilibrium in nature he only gets what he deserve no what he desire.
February 07, 2018, 04:52:53 AM
I don't mean just seeing something nice and wanting to have something like that. Some people would not mind doing anything to take what belongs to another. Why do we have people like that?

Such people just can't ensure themselves by what they want and they choose the simplest way - theft.
Merit: 30
February 07, 2018, 04:47:33 AM
for me, it's because that's one example to motivate me and challenge me in life in order to achieve something you should have a desire what you do not have.
Activity: 26
February 07, 2018, 04:28:16 AM
The scociety is unfair in many ways, so some people think it is ok for them to be unfair to others and take whats not theirs.
Activity: 67
February 06, 2018, 07:44:55 PM

I think it’s because we never get contented on what we have, and because we always want to surpass someone, we don’t want to feel belittled. Sometimes we get envious because we think that it can make us happy if we obtain that thing that the other person have. And some people are  selfish, they only think about themselves to the point that they will do anything just to surpass someone
Merit: 1
February 06, 2018, 07:26:38 PM
This is an attitude in the heart of a person, although it can be avoided but a person like this choose to act on that way because of being not feeling enough of having what he/she has and being jealous seeing others living with their great success. A people like this is always doesn't give peace in his/her heart.
Activity: 1
February 06, 2018, 12:01:06 PM
Original sin
Activity: 168
February 06, 2018, 11:57:35 AM
Its simply because of their envious character and a factor of jealousy,they feel insecurities and contented what they have or some greediness manner.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
February 05, 2018, 01:46:14 AM
Being greedy,jealous and not contented. Greedy because they want more and more even if they are doing bad to others. Jealousy, because if they see the others have something new and they dont want others be ahead in them, they want to be the one who is great and powerful, this kind of character is not really good.
Activity: 107
February 05, 2018, 01:26:07 AM
Man is always dissatisfied with what he has, this is due to a lack of gratitude for the blessings God has given. Enjoy and be grateful for everything we have.
Activity: 560
Merit: 260
February 05, 2018, 01:06:01 AM
*That the grass is always greener on the other side, the neighbor's got a new car that you want to drive...*  -Travis
Activity: 70
February 04, 2018, 10:54:51 PM
We will not be contented, ever. Our wants cannot be fulfilled. We crave what we don't have simply because we want to experience it, to feel it, the loneliness of not having it, the curiosity of mind, the desire and once we have it, there is only two things might happen.. 1. Cherish it or 2. Loose interest on it.
Pages:
Jump to: