Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Do People Desire What's Not Theirs - page 7. (Read 2861 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0
January 05, 2018, 12:18:49 AM
That's what defines the man normally so not surprising for me.
Activity: 634
Merit: 10
January 04, 2018, 11:58:36 PM
Maybe because they are not contented on what they have. They feel jealousy and envy and hatred that they can't have the same things as others have. They want to feel the same feeling of having "that thing" they want.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
January 04, 2018, 11:48:32 PM
Envy and jealousy is part of human nature. People like to work less but have more. When we see people acquire more, that inner nature of man that want it first assume to take it by force and if is not checked we tend to use the end justify the means.

Absolutely, agreed with you. Human beings are born with these dreadful and harmful feelings '' envy and jealousy'' . That's why , People always want tı have more. This desire is bringing their end because ambitions for having more stuff is very dangerous for humans.
Activity: 168
January 04, 2018, 09:36:38 PM
Maybe it's the thrill of wanting someone or something that is not yours to the point of having the option of stealing. The rush of adrenaline that brings them to do bad things just to have that certain object/person.
Activity: 92
Merit: 1
January 04, 2018, 09:11:40 PM
the craving overtakes the person.
Activity: 102
January 04, 2018, 09:04:06 PM
Because they the indivaduals who are still immature and just do what they wanted and never cares what will be the consequence.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
December 08, 2017, 07:27:32 AM
Lack of self respected and self discipline mainly. At the end of the day it's human to want what others want and be jealous but acting on that in a malicious way is lack of a strong character.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
December 08, 2017, 06:04:09 AM
I don't mean just seeing something nice and wanting to have something like that. Some people would not mind doing anything to take what belongs to another. Why do we have people like that?

Most people cannot get rid of envy. They envy everything - the car of their neighbour, the house of their friend, the wife of their brother. that is why they desire everything what they seem they do not have.
Activity: 212
December 07, 2017, 06:43:24 AM
I don't mean just seeing something nice and wanting to have something like that. Some people would not mind doing anything to take what belongs to another. Why do we have people like that?
People are not contented on what they have, the things that someone has is also the things that other people want to have. They are degrading their selves and envy others.
Activity: 227
Merit: 26
PRiVCYM4tters🕵🔐PRiVCY MOD🕵
December 07, 2017, 12:56:15 AM
The saying "The grass is always greener on the other side" comes to mind. I think a lot of people believe if they have what other people do that they'll be happier or more fulfilled in life. Whether thats actually true is a completely different story. Many people aren't comfortable or content with themselves or their life. Society doesn't help with that much either with what is portrayed as successful or what is important. I hope more people can realize the things that truly matter in life instead of living for material things.
Activity: 112
December 07, 2017, 12:50:04 AM
Because people will always desire for it. Peolple has its innate being of not being content all the time. It is human nature that we cannot avoid. But all we can do is to just practice the art of being content
Activity: 203
Was that was it was?
December 07, 2017, 12:24:11 AM
simple its Jealousy, people always desire what others have and doesn't appreciate what they have.
Activity: 126
December 06, 2017, 11:30:44 PM
Probably because they think 'the grass is always greener on the other side'. People get bored with what they have and they start to look in a different direction. We want what we can't have because we make ourselves think we need it to be happy. When in reality it won't
Activity: 504
Merit: 106
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
December 06, 2017, 11:22:36 PM

As adults we sometimes casually take a box of Kleenex from a hotel room, and some might even purloin a towel or a bathrobe, thinking most probably: I’m paying enough for this hotel room. They could give me a few extra Kleenex for the price.

And, of course, people faced by huge hardships are sometimes forced to steal when hungry to save their lives, or when their children are in dire need in wartime or other times and places of dire poverty.

We sometimes casually steal something from a hotel room (towel,Kleenex,soap,bathrobe  etc), most probably we are thinking that we are paying enough money for the hotel. A bit of something could give us a few extra bucks.I think it is in human nature to want something that is not ours. As a result, people steal to get what they need. And of course, when a man struggle in life, he will be forced to steal when hungry to save his life, or when someone in his family are in dire need of money they will steal. When evil is turned into good in the mind that is when a man steals for a living.

Activity: 112
December 06, 2017, 11:04:31 PM
Because it is not theirs. Nobody desire something that they have. Why would someone want to have something they already has. We all want to have those things other people possess and the same goes to them. Human were never content.
Activity: 178
December 06, 2017, 10:46:51 PM
Human "individual vice" is the least of our problems, we really become unbearable, genocidal etc in groups.
Activity: 378
December 06, 2017, 10:40:55 PM
Humans have a bad nature that they often do by intentionally or does't , several of them is the nature of greed and malice. people who have this nature will surely judge others property and want to take the property of others in various ways
Activity: 121
December 06, 2017, 10:04:22 AM
Technically because its not theirs.Why will you desire something that you already have?Desiring something for your own because obviously you do do not have it so you want it for yourself right?
Activity: 32
December 05, 2017, 07:00:13 PM
I believe it's actually because of greed, there are some who want what others have, not because they don't have it but because they are greedy and want more of it.
It may also be causef by jealousy, low self-esteem and not being contented with what one have.
Activity: 238
December 05, 2017, 04:18:39 PM

Because they are probably insecure and jealous about that other person and want to have it because they don't. Petty mindset and we have people like that because that is life somebody is going to be jealous.
Pages:
Jump to: