Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Do People Desire What's Not Theirs - page 6. (Read 2861 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 15, 2018, 02:10:45 PM
I don't mean just seeing something nice and wanting to have something like that. Some people would not mind doing anything to take what belongs to another. Why do we have people like that?

Uncontentment I think is the reason why people posses to have what's not theirs. They feel envy or jealous with the achievements of others that's why they want to get it even in illegal way. Their enviness leads them to sin that sometimes they hurt others which is not good. We must be thankful for what we have.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
January 15, 2018, 11:46:47 AM
It's just because of jealousy and greed. People tend not to be contented with what they have, no matter how much it appears to be.
Activity: 162
Merit: 10
January 08, 2018, 07:39:34 PM
Maybe because those people are not contented on what they have,thats why they are wanting more and that cause a person to become greedy.
Activity: 180
Merit: 9
January 08, 2018, 06:06:44 PM
People like them are greedy and aren't contented on what they have. They can't afford it so that the only thing they can't think of is to get it from others. They can't accept that they are not with the same level of others.

Wanting what others have is not showing that to be greedy, it is depend on the purpose of a person. They are wanting what they don't have yet because they want some changes on their life. They wanted something new. It is not bad to desire what others unless you do bad things to that person for you to have that.
Activity: 15
January 08, 2018, 05:41:07 PM
well that's greed..
Activity: 27
January 08, 2018, 05:04:09 PM
Because your neighbour´s grass is always greener than yours.
As long as one does not own smething, one sees only the positive things about something.
Activity: 308
January 08, 2018, 04:57:14 PM
I don't mean just seeing something nice and wanting to have something like that. Some people would not mind doing anything to take what belongs to another. Why do we have people like that?

Well, taking something from someone is one of the easiest ways to acquire said something.
It's a predatory world, get over it. Some people are just born predators.
Activity: 22
January 08, 2018, 03:15:38 PM

It is mainly because there are people that is born with greediness. Selfish people can't accept on the state they are living and jealous of other people, of what they are and what they have. They have no choice but to take what belongs to others since they can't have it on their own. They should learn how to be content and find other ways to be happy.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
January 08, 2018, 09:31:26 AM
People desire what's not theirs because of envy on Happiness other's feel by having it. We can wish/desire to have like what other's had but we shouldn't have whats theirs.
Activity: 26
January 08, 2018, 08:18:22 AM
Attraction is normal but need to ask some guidance and advise to anybody who knows more of it so that we know our desires belongs for good.
Activity: 70
January 08, 2018, 07:28:15 AM

desire is such a strong word, maybe people just want or wish to have the same so as to know what it would feel like what other people have. im not envious by nature but sometimes i too am curious as to what it would be like if i have what other people do. what would i be doing differently if i were in somebody else's shoe.  Wink
Activity: 62
January 06, 2018, 02:07:28 PM
God never wrong choice. God knows who is entitled and who has no right. Our task, is to be grateful for what we have now. So many of God's blessings to us, but we do not seem to know it. sometimes we are given health, but forgot to give thanks. God gives us the opportunity to breathe, but sometimes we forget it too, do not even want to give it a blessing .
Activity: 230
Merit: 250
January 06, 2018, 02:04:07 PM
I do sometimes observe this. If i see something i like but it is not owned by someone, its ok. But their are times that when someone is utilizing that same thing i want in different way, something is off and i want to use it on my own ways. Others may feel jealousy especially when the desire is a human being.
Activity: 312
Merit: 109
arcs-chain.com
January 06, 2018, 01:58:22 PM
People like them are greedy and aren't contented on what they have. They can't afford it so that the only thing they can't think of is to get it from others. They can't accept that they are not with the same level of others.
Activity: 86
Merit: 36
January 06, 2018, 01:56:56 PM
On a very basic level it has to do with our biology. Mechanisms that drive any animals (humans included) towards things that make them more likely to survive, and away from things which are dangerous, would have been selected for by evolution. Often, things that are worthwhile having are already owned by others, but that makes no difference to the innate desire to strive towards a salient or important stimulus such as an attractive partner or a nice shelter (house). It's a sad evolutionary hangover, but the bright side is that once we acknowledge this fact, we can design our environment in such a way as to help reduce such desires. For example, I used to desire cigarettes a lot but when I quit I made sure not to have them around and to let my friends know not to give me any &c. Similarly, if everyone in society has enough, and if we take the time to reflect and be grateful for what we have and also to help others, there is less chance for covetousness and untoward desires to arise or to be acted upon.
Activity: 130
The LIX Platform - lixcoin.org
January 06, 2018, 01:46:04 PM
What people have is the desire to change. This is what makes people desire what's not theirs. THey also desire what they do not know sometimes
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
January 06, 2018, 01:42:46 PM
Human obviously want things, shelter, entertainment etc.. What you're asking why would somebody takes those things away from another, just because they wanted for themselves. The answer is that they are extremely selfish. Were born that way.
it seems that the case isn't only in selfishness, but also in morality...because taking away from another person what doesn't belong to you is immoral...it's another matter - to work out and buy this... this is not forbidden
Activity: 257
Merit: 252
January 05, 2018, 05:00:39 AM
Human obviously want things, shelter, entertainment etc.. What you're asking why would somebody takes those things away from another, just because they wanted for themselves. The answer is that they are extremely selfish. Were born that way.
Activity: 238
January 05, 2018, 04:25:43 AM
Pretty sure it is caused by jealousy, and it is pretty evident in today's society. Sometimes, instead of working for it, jealous people just desire what's not theirs. This also leads to a rise in crimes I guess.
Activity: 350
TRONscratch.com
January 05, 2018, 03:59:15 AM
Well it's the nature of human. All of us have different wants.  And if we already have that thing usually we don't even be contented to it. We usually want those things that is not in our hands. Something that we wanted because it's not ours.
Pages:
Jump to: