Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do you continue to support r/bitcoin and bitcointalk.com - page 2. (Read 3949 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
@itsamemario Well it seems your neg trust rating is removed and you have a positive one on your account. If you contacted support about it looks like they removed it or the person who left it has kindly removed it from your trust. Smiley
Activity: 114
Merit: 11
I think mostly because this is the most established forum. There are still plenty of new other places to talk also.

Very true!
Misread the OP.  Settle down rubberneck.

Remove my negative trust due to your personal incompetence then.  And how many others have you judged based on quick judgement without reading?  Are any of your trust feedbacks legitimate?

You'll have to forgive me, but there's been a lot of "account farmers" here in bitcointalk
who create accounts to spam and scam and sell them to others who spam and scam.
I thought you meant you had 8 BCT accounts.

Trust has been settled. I appreciate your hard work in ensuring that scammers are called out, just give people the benefit of the doubt, there is a lot of passionate people on here and sometimes they might appear to be something they're not, something that gets lost in translation through online / inpersonal communication.  I apologize for not being clearer in my original post.
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
I think mostly because this is the most established forum. There are still plenty of new other places to talk also.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

Remove my negative trust due to your personal incompetence then.  And how many others have you judged based on quick judgement without reading?  Are any of your trust feedbacks legitimate?

You'll have to forgive me, but there's been a lot of "account farmers" here in bitcointalk
who create accounts to spam and scam and sell them to others who spam and scam.
I thought you meant you had 8 BCT accounts.

The only thing I don't support is the ease at which you can destroy someone's trust. I received negative trust from a scammer, simply for calling home out on his bullshit

Yeah it's pretty easy in this neck of the woods. Tis a shame, yet there seems to be a number of great forums and such surfacing. I think it's just a matter of time before a few developments are ready for launch into the world of decentralized discussion platforms. There's been talk about a few, but they must require a bit of time. Anxiously awaiting.  Grin
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
The only thing I don't support is the ease at which you can destroy someone's trust. I received negative trust from a scammer, simply for calling home out on his bullshit
Misread the OP.  Settle down rubberneck.

Remove my negative trust due to your personal incompetence then.  And how many others have you judged based on quick judgement without reading?  Are any of your trust feedbacks legitimate?
The negative trust was removed. Check again, and stop being off topic.

Talk about what you want in your own thread, I'll talk about what I want in mine.

Capiche?  

I do love how you contributed to the offtopic'ness. Thanks bud.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
where else would i go?
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code

The negative trust was removed. Check again, and stop being off topic.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Because all other places are dead compared to it, and because you get the developers posting stuff on here. I have asked some stuff in the technical section and gmaxwell was cool enough to drop a reply. They seem overall like good fellas. Of course I see the drama with Theymos on reddit etc and i understand a lot don't like it. I personally don't use reddit, it's annoying as hell when I click on a thread title and a link opens instead of the actual thread.

This forum is quite good for personal chat and conversing in detail, I do agree with you on that!  Reddit seems to be good for news circulation, but I have since been focusing on Google - Bitcoin - filter news
legendary
Activity: 868
Because all other places are dead compared to it, and because you get the developers posting stuff on here. I have asked some stuff in the technical section and gmaxwell was cool enough to drop a reply. They seem overall like good fellas. Of course I see the drama with Theymos on reddit etc and i understand a lot don't like it. I personally don't use reddit, it's annoying as hell when I click on a thread title and a link opens instead of the actual thread.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
I understand there is a lack of alternatives, and there is not a better place for up to date information.

But, in the light of Bitcoin and what it represents, neither of these platforms promote the same ideologies.  So, just curious to reach out and ask why the community continues to visit these sites?  What is your take?  Would you move to another platform? What would it take? What are your favorite alternatives?  And 170,000 odd subscribers, what # do you estimates is multiple user accounts (I personally have about 8 of those) and active Bitcoiners?

This site has been able to answer all my questions about Bitcoin, so far. I've had to search through piles of bullshit to find answers but it's been worth  it.

p.s.
 When i read your post the first time,i thought that you meant 8 accounts on Bitcointalk too .
 On re-reading it,i see that i was wrong.

And what do you expect to achieve by posting retaliatory accusations before you've even tried to get him to reconsider feedback he may have left mistakenly? Or was it just easier to go off into that red ink rant?

This is an alt account QS created in order to sell a DT account

FunFunnyFan?  If this is true, then QS is talking to himself again.  What a tangled web we weave, when we post to deceive.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11603776

Edit:   Exact same post TSP linked to.  Sorry TSP.
You shouldn't believe everything that others tell you on the internet

yeah they could be a 17 year old girl who doesn't know the first thing about professional escrow.   Cheesy

This guy is an account farmer, don't trust him.

Easier to go off on a rant seeing as I cannot return the favor of negative trust.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
And what do you expect to achieve by posting retaliatory accusations before you've even tried to get him to reconsider feedback he may have left mistakenly? Or was it just easier to go off into that red ink rant?

This is an alt account QS created in order to sell a DT account

FunFunnyFan?  If this is true, then QS is talking to himself again.  What a tangled web we weave, when we post to deceive.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11603776

Edit:   Exact same post TSP linked to.  Sorry TSP.
You shouldn't believe everything that others tell you on the internet

yeah they could be a 17 year old girl who doesn't know the first thing about professional escrow.   Cheesy

This guy is an account farmer, don't trust him.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Sure the quality of most of the posts have gone downhill for the last year or two, but so has the "buzz" and new info surrounding btc. The posts here are lower quality because of sig campaigns, but the sig campaigns are tolerated because activity in these forums was already dwindling.

I joined in feb 2012 (I think) and I knew next to nil about btc. If it wasn't for these forums and my ability to ask very specific questions I'd probably still be struggling with the basics. I think bitcoin talk is still good for this. Anything noteworthy on the reddit sub appears here so I never bother with it.

I'm guessing the REAL btc forum, where the really informative and interesting stuff is, is a private affair that only devs can access (mailing list?)

Anyway, there's really nothing else for us muggles except this here

I found a link to the real forum where the good stuff is:

https://uCrypto.co
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024
I understand there is a lack of alternatives, and there is not a better place for up to date information.

But, in the light of Bitcoin and what it represents, neither of these platforms promote the same ideologies.  

Unless you can find a forum that is decentralized I'm not sure how you could have one that promotes the same ideologies. Bitcointalk is currently the best place and its hardly run by nazis though people complain whenever their thread gets moved into the correct section. Personally I wouldn't change unless a clear superior forum came about.

I now have negative feedback due to this post. Apparently I am an account farmer, which is basically as far as you could get from reality.  In this post I suggested I have made multiple REDDIT accounts in the past, which now is reflecting upon my trust here negatively.  If you decide to look, you can also note that the account who has left the negative feedback is immune from negative feedback, I ask you to give it a shot.  visit the account that provided negative feedback due to misreading this post, and try to leave negative feedback, it brings you to an INVALID url.  It;s kind of ironic that after this post my account is now hindered with negative feedback, on a clearly flawed system that represents nothing but what I assume to be theymos. Whether it is or it isn't, the trust system here is botched, and so is the communication element for a decentralized system when theymos owns it.  It's too bad that you cannot voice an opinion without the friendly forum host here basically wrecking your account based on nothing. have a great day.

The invalid URL claim is false, works fine for me. If you wish to leave feedback, you can try again later.
If you could explain why you have 8 accounts, I'd like to hear it.

Who doesn't have throw aways on reddit?

I don't.
I have to agree with you that jonald_fyookball might have misread your post. You might want to contact him.
Pages:
Jump to: