Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do you continue to support r/bitcoin and bitcointalk.com - page 5. (Read 3949 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

I'm OK w/ bitcointalk.org.  I don't like reddit, but that's just me.  I found my way here as a beginner back in the days when blockchain.info linked to threads here.  I wonder why they stopped that?

I like the format here too vs. reddit.  It's a little easier to explore topics at some length vs. reddit.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
This is still where most of the action is, dead forums are no fun.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
I believe that if we have 1 main forum, everyone will see no point in making another because they will loose all of their stats and posts.

But, if you don't like it, make your own forum. No one is stopping you.
donator
Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003
But, in the light of Bitcoin and what it represents, neither of these platforms promote the same ideologies.

What do you think Bitcoin represents? It is impossible to understand your argument if you don't clarify this.

I have thought of leaving the forum because of the numerous garbage and troll posts that appeared in the last couple of years, but not because of ideological reasons.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
because this is the best forum for talk about bitcoin and alternative currency.

doesn't fit in with your ideologies yet you're here posting and with 8 accounts no less? now why would anyone have 8 accounts?
Activity: 114
Merit: 11
I understand there is a lack of alternatives, and there is not a better place for up to date information.

But, in the light of Bitcoin and what it represents, neither of these platforms promote the same ideologies.  So, just curious to reach out and ask why the community continues to visit these sites?  What is your take?  Would you move to another platform? What would it take? What are your favorite alternatives?  And 170,000 odd subscribers, what # do you estimates is multiple user accounts (I personally have about 8 of those) and active Bitcoiners?
Pages:
Jump to: